• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary Update

nuts

Lover of Disney, Family Guy, and all around good p
Just returned from the World. I spent some time at the contemporary 4th floor balcony surveying the construction. Definately a LOT of activity. The land has been cleared. They are laying down what looks to be footers. They also have the longest auger I have ever seen! Must have been at least 5 stories tall, and held up by a crane. Looks like they are using it to dig down really deep (to bed rock??). Also, they had just brought in drainage pipe (lots of it!) and sewer pipe (again, lots of it). So, they are clearly building something there (duh). I tried, based on the footer placements, to see if I could figure out the "C" shape...but no luck. I really couldn't see a pattern. I suppose a construction person (which I am not!) might have figured it out.

Nope, I didn't have my camera (stupid, stupid, stupid).

I'll help you out w/ some pics....I just took them today from the monorail....They're awfully big pics, so I just link to them in my album....

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Definitely a lot of work going on over there

I'll help you out w/ some pics....I just took them today from the monorail....They're awfully big pics, so I just link to them in my album....

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Definitely a lot of work going on over there

Yep, your second picture is the auger. Thanks!

:thumbsup2 :woohoo:

thanks for posting

from contractor's website croninforsitework.com

Cronin Construction
state certified utility and excavation contractor

nothing's listed in their projects...thus far;)

they did do planet hollywood @ DTD.popcorn::

after the architect got in trouble - I don't blame the construction company for not posting anything on their website.:happytv: :rotfl:

after it is done - they might....;)

I called Cronin Construction and was told quite emphatically that Cronin Construction was not doing any work for Disney next to the Contemporary Resort in WDW. When I told this person that the name was very clearly on the equipment, the response was again, "Cronin Construction is not building anything there." As Alice might say, "Curiouser and curiouser!"

after the architect design were found - that doesn't surprise me - Disney probably has everyone sign a no release agreement.

I really, really want a DVC here!!!:rotfl: :banana: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

forgot that the guides say some people were fired - but if that doesn't tell us this will be a DVC building....

I called Cronin Construction and was told quite emphatically that Cronin Construction was not doing any work for Disney next to the Contemporary Resort in WDW. When I told this person that the name was very clearly on the equipment, the response was again, "Cronin Construction is not building anything there." As Alice might say, "Curiouser and curiouser!"

They probably signed a contract to not reveal anything. But considering its their equipment maybe they should have scraped their name off of the equipment and rewritten "Deere".:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Someone better tell them to count their trailers!!!!! If there are missing any, I know where they can find them.....:lmao:

Perhaps someone should call Cronin and tell them their missing equipment has been found! :laughing:

I can't wait to here what Disney says when the building starts to go up.

I it is not a building - it is just your imagnation.....:happytv: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

now, Pat, how many times do I need to tell you - that's the new parking structure they are building at the Contemporary Resort to allow more guests to park at the Contemporary and walk to the MK! ;)

Does this company do whole construction projects or are they more of a foundations and utilities type company with the main building contractor coming on-site at a later date?

now, Pat, how many times do I need to tell you - that's the new parking structure they are building at the Contemporary Resort to allow more guests to park at the Contemporary and walk to the MK! ;)
I am sure you mean this would be for guests who pay to stay at the Contemporary and not guests who just go there to eat. WDW says the Resort parking lots are not meant to be used for gaining access to the theme parks. ;)

Forgive my ignorance, for I have not been able to keep up on the boards in the last few months as I would like, but what is the 'official' story as to what is going on at CR? Is the north wing gone? If not, where is all this construction taking place? We got a DVC postcard in the mail today about some special on points (I haven't had a chance to read it yet), but I told DH that:banana: I really wanted to hold out for Contemporary. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter