Contemporary Update

now, Pat, how many times do I need to tell you - that's the new parking structure they are building at the Contemporary Resort to allow more guests to park at the Contemporary and walk to the MK! ;)

You may be onto something there. That conceptual drawing does rather look like a giant circular parking garage. :rolleyes:

now, Pat, how many times do I need to tell you - that's the new parking structure they are building at the Contemporary Resort to allow more guests to park at the Contemporary and walk to the MK! ;)

I think it's awfully nice of WDW to bury the asbestos they removed in bedrock. They auger must be to get it in good and deep. I guess they're covering it up with a parking garage so it will never get out and hurt anyone? ;)

Dirk

I can't wait to here what Disney says when the building starts to go up.

I it is not a building - it is just your imagnation.....:happytv: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

it's just a
figment.jpg
of our imaginations:banana: :dance3:

Forgive my ignorance, for I have not been able to keep up on the boards in the last few months as I would like, but what is the 'official' story as to what is going on at CR? Is the north wing gone? If not, where is all this construction taking place? We got a DVC postcard in the mail today about some special on points (I haven't had a chance to read it yet), but I told DH that:banana: I really wanted to hold out for Contemporary. :banana:

The north wing is gone, and that's where the construction is. No official word on what it will be, but I know I'm hoping for a DVC!:thumbsup2

they already blown that excuse - parking lots don't need plumbing - those piles are BIG.

something really BIG is going up and there is no hidding it!

Because the parking lot will be so LARGE they are making sure that everyone who parks there has a "MAGICAL DAY" by installing potties on every level! :rotfl: Apparently a "MOMMY" is in on the desigining of this monolith parking structure!

I officially declare, with no authority whatsoever, that the DVC Contemporary building IS being built.

Like the wonderful Saturday Night Live skit where the wife catches her husband in bed cheating with another woman and he quietly and calmly continues to deny it while he hands his mistress her clothes and makes the bed, the evidence is clear.

We can be like the wife who eventually begins to doubt what she has actually seen, or we can accept a clear and obvious truth.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't feel safe parking in a 20-story parking garage. Man, I would hate to be one of the folks who have to park at the top on a busy day :rolleyes1

I don't know about you but I wouldn't feel safe parking in a 20-story parking garage. Man, I would hate to be one of the folks who have to park at the top on a busy day :rolleyes1

well, if you want the real truth ;).... by building this parking structure, they can stop using the TTC parking lot for MK parking, and turn it into the real 'next DVC' :laughing:

I don't know if your being serious or just joking around, however I don't see WDW building a parking garage at the Contemporary. If they did it would be only for the guests who stay there and not used as a way for parking at the Magic Kingdom.

I don't know if your being serious or just joking around, however I don't see WDW building a parking garage at the Contemporary. If they did it would be only for the guests who stay there and not used as a way for parking at the Magic Kingdom.

Maybe its a DVC only parking lot because they are going to turn the entire Contemporary into a DVC location with monorail service to all other DVC sites - one stop parking regardless of your home!

Or not... :thumbsup2

Chris

Maybe its a DVC only parking lot because they are going to turn the entire Contemporary into a DVC location with monorail service to all other DVC sites - one stop parking regardless of your home!

Or not... :thumbsup2

Chris
Well why not make it a parking lot for all guests who stay at the Contemporary because there are still going to be just as many non DVC rooms there. So it's fair for both DVC members and non DVC members.

Well why not make it a parking lot for all guests who stay at the Contemporary because there are still going to be just as many non DVC rooms there. So it's fair for both DVC members and non DVC members.

We are all just kidding....at least I was.....

:sad2:

How do you know what they plan on using the garage for??? It's a perfect location for a garage, right on the water and a 5 minute walk to MK.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter