Contemporary Vs. Beach Club

Contemporary Vs. Beach Club

• Total voters

IronCloud

Earning My Ears
Me & my family are looking for a resort for our July 2017 Disney World Trip. This is our first Disney World Trips. We live in Los Angeles so we are Disneyland veterans with 25+ visits mostly day trips but, in September we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for a long trip and we loved it. When I saw the Contemporary it looked beautiful with its nostalgia and its lobby. But, I saw pictures of the pool and it wasn't really as immersive as we like for pools. When I saw the Beach Clubs Pool I was in awe. It looked like a water park. If I were to book the contemporary I would get Theme park View and Beach Club standard view. So, if i stayed at the Beach club I would save around $1,250. The polynesian is also an option.

We are Beach/ Yacht Club fans but we always spring for a lake view with full balcony. We have never stayed at the Contemporary and are not thrilled with the changes as the Polynesian Village, especially the view blocking bungalows.

. Since this is your first time I would stay at the contemporary or Polynesian. I've stayed at both with the edge going to Polynesian. For someone staying for the first time it's all about location. You can not beat a monorail resort especially if you have children.

Yes, the beach club pool is the best on property but the poly pool is not that bad and the contemporary pool is serviceable.

If money is the sticky point then just do beach club as you can still use the monorail it's just not as convenient.

We're up in NorCal and make many a trip to both DL and WDW. If this is your first time at WDW the sheer scale even compared to DL may blow you away.

At WDW it matters much more that you're at one of the resorts as it really does make you continue to feel like you're living on the inside of the Disney experience. Beyond that it's really a personal preference, and I'd pick based on #1 how much time do you plan to spend at the resort (if a lot then that's the top priority). If that's not a ton of time and you're aiming to spend more time at parks then pick based on proximity to the parks. While we do spend usually a couple days each visit at Magic Kingdom we're Beach club and Boardwalk fans due to being able to walk in 15 minutes to both HS and Epcot. Further for you MK while still grander at WDW will be the most similar park to any other so you may enjoy being near more parks that seem less familiar.

Either way all of your three choices are pretty good ones.

SAB is perhaps THE pool at WDW (some argument for AKL) - depends how much time you want to spend at the pool (during a busy period like July - you should plan on afternoon pool breaks - and thunderstorm breaks - sorry about our Florida weather - but SAB WILL be packed - finding a chair will be a challenge).

We love BC - because Epcot and DHS are our favorite parks and they're both walking distance. CR gives you easy access to Epcot and MK via monorail. (everybody buses to AK and the waterparks)

BC standard view can be a little boring - hard to have a bad view at CR. Recreation is great at CR (no waterskiing/parasailing/small boat rentals at BC) - and you have the BW at BC - dueling pianos and all.

CR gives you better breakfast options - breakfast can be a bit of a problem at BC - BC marketplace, BW Bakery unless you want to make reservations at Cape May (pricy)

BC is wonderful and probably more relaxing - if you're looking for "Disney feeling" - CR is it - the monorail and MK in view - THAT'S immersive.

We have stayed at BC several times and love the pool / convenience to Epcot and DHS. We spent a lot of time at our resort, so the pool is important to us. However, this trip we want to try the Contemporary (have not stayed there before but oldest DD has always wanted to try it). We have a split stay planned (4 nights Contemporary and 4 nights Beach Club). Our focus will be MK when we are at Contemporary and Epcot/DHS when we are at Beach Club. Perhaps a split stay is an option for you? Best of both worlds and save a bit of $ at BC? Good luck deciding :goodvibes

We have stayed at BC several times and love the pool / convenience to Epcot and DHS. We spent a lot of time at our resort, so the pool is important to us. However, this trip we want to try the Contemporary (have not stayed there before but oldest DD has always wanted to try it). We have a split stay planned (4 nights Contemporary and 4 nights Beach Club). Our focus will be MK when we are at Contemporary and Epcot/DHS when we are at Beach Club. Perhaps a split stay is an option for you? Best of both worlds and save a bit of $ at BC? Good luck deciding :goodvibes
Yes, that is what we were thinking. Were only going for 6 nights so i don't know if it is worth it to split. Though we would save $600 if we split instead of doing all Contemporary. My question is, Is doing a split stay on the first trip a good choice? and, Is only spending 3 nights at each resort a good idea or is that too short?

Yes, that is what we were thinking. Were only going for 6 nights so i don't know if it is worth it to split. Though we would save $600 if we split instead of doing all Contemporary. My question is, Is doing a split stay on the first trip a good choice? and, Is only spending 3 nights at each resort a good idea or is that too short?

I've done many split stays and, personally, would not do a 3/3 split as it really doesn't give you enough time to enjoy each resort.

If a pool is important to you, I would not do the Contemporary. That pool is in desperate need of a refurb.

If pool slides are important to you, then BC may be the way to go. It has the longest slide of the WDW resorts. The Poly slide is fun too and Poly has a zero entry pool.

Although I prefer BC for many reasons (walking to EP and DHS, TONS of restaurants within walking distance of the resort), the Poly is really nice as well. I would think about which parks you will visit the most and what amenities, in addition to the pool, you would like at a resort.

6 nights is kind of short for a split stay. If you are just adults, it can be done easier than if you have young children to pack up and transport to another resort though. We are actually 4 nights BC, 4 nights Contemporary, 7 night PORS - we enjoy split stays but I think with 6 nights I'd only stay in one place. If I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Beach Club - so peaceful and awesome pool! Good luck deciding - you've got awesome resort choices!

I've done many 5 night split stays, 2 nights in resort 1, 3 nights in resort 2. It's really no big deal to change resorts, you can either use separate luggage for each stay or packing cubes or even just big zip lock bags. Just unpack the stuff you will need for resort one, if using cubes or zip lock bags, put the dirty clothes in those at the bottom of the suitcase so the next leg of the trip will be at the top. Hanging toiletry bags are your friends for split stays, you just pull it out and hang it up on the back of the bathroom door. No need to clutter up the bathroom counter, just put things back in the bag after you use them, grab it off the back of the door for the move to the next resort. Have bell services move your bags if you are flying (I drive so I actually take separate bags) and go on over to resort 2 early in the morning and check in, go to whatever park you planned for that day and the front desk will text you when your room is ready. When you get back to your room, just call bell services and they will bring your bags up.

Having said that, YC/BC is my resort of choice. We love Epcot and HS so the ability to walk to both is priceless.

Thank you everyone btw, were getting the 7 day park hopper. Were just going to have resort breaks everyday and visit Magic Kingdom 3 days, Epcot 2 days, Hollywood Studios 1 day, Animal Kingdom 1 day.

Since you have the hoppers, I'd say Beach Club -- because you could hop for dinner. Dining at MK is a lot less enticing than World Showcase on a hop basis.

I think your main deciding factor should be which park(s) do you want to be walking/boat distance to? MK or Epcot/DHS?

Since you are Disneyland vets I'm thinking that BC near Epcot would be more appealing. I agree with the previous comment that being able to hop to Epcot from BC for all of the restaurants is really nice.

I agree that your trip is a little short for a split stay IMO.

Where are you planning on doing most of your dining? If you plan on eating several meals at World Showcase at Epcot, the BC is a great choice because you can walk to Epcot. What are the ages of your children? If they're small, CR theme park view because I'm guessing you may not be doing a ton of dining at World Showcase. The pool at BC is awesome, but it is SO crowded. As in, people EVERYWHERE.

I would choose the Polynesian. We stayed at the GF in October and went over and walked the Poly since we hadn't been over there since May 2013 before the construction. I think it gives you most of what you're looking for- it has a very nice pool with a much nicer theme and ambiance than the CR, without the packed craziness of the pool at BC. The new quiet pool with bar will also be finished by your stay. Poly has a lovely relaxing Hawaiian theme, and you can walk very easily to the Transportation and Ticket Center and hop on a monorail to Epcot. True, you don't have the super close proximity to World Showcase that you do at BC, but we thought it was still very easy from the Poly. For a first Disney stay, I think you'd like being around the lake, magic kingdom views, monorail etc etc.

We've stayed at all 3 resorts and like them all. It's a tough choice. I think it comes down to which parks and restaurants do you want to be close to, and how big a deal is the pool at the CR.

I would choose the Poly. It has easy monorail access to both Epcot and MK. The pool is awesome and not as crazy crowded as SAB. Breakfast dining is better than at the BC. The marketplace at BC just isn't as good for quick service.

The rooms at the Poly are larger and the entire resort is freshly refurbished. The theming is awesome, as well.

All your choices look good, but the Poly would work best for you, IMO.

A split stay would also be a good option with the BC. I think a three/ three split is easily doable, but I find split stays very easy. (I just pack with moving in mind. It takes me less than an hour to pack and unpack again. I love packing cubes!)

I would choose the Poly. It has easy monorail access to both Epcot and MK. The pool is awesome and not as crazy crowded as SAB. Breakfast dining is better than at the BC. The marketplace at BC just isn't as good for quick service.

The rooms at the Poly are larger and the entire resort is freshly refurbished. The theming is awesome, as well.

All your choices look good, but the Poly would work best for you, IMO.

I couldn't agree more! We've stayed at both the Poly and BC and while we did enjoy trying the BC, the Poly is our favorite. We find the CS options at the BC to be too limited (for us) and we weren't wow'd by SAB (we actually prefer the volcano pool at the Poly). The Poly has everything we look for in a resort and you can't beat having a view of the castle everyday! :wizard:

I think 6 nights is enough for a 3/3 split, but I'm not sure if I would try that for a first trip. Unless, it will be a long time before you take a second trip. Then I would consider Poly/BC. Just make sure to do plenty of research and planning ahead of time so you don't waste park time switching resorts. The Beach Club is amazing and if you do not do a split stay that is where I recommend. Will you be there over the 4th?

I have stayed at each and like them all. If pool is important to you, and you are travelling during the summer, definitely BC. Plus, you save money.

having stayed at both.....

Beach club wins every time.

Walking distance to 2 parks
Walking distance to 5 resorts

This just scratches the surface for me.

I might have missed it, but did you say how old your kids are? If they are youngsters, say under 9, I would not stay at the Beach Club. The pool is indeed more like a water park, which is great when you have older kids. But with little ones can be more of a pain. For one, you have to cross a public sidewalk in order to use the large pool slide. For another, you cannot see the whole of the pool area from any one spot. Makes it very difficult to keep an eye on your kids.

I agree with previous posters, no split stay. I've stayed at all 3 and would give Poly the nod, with the Contemporary in second place, and the Beach Club a distant third. Being at a monorail resort is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter