Convert to twin beds

Unfortunately no. Originally the Wonder and Magic did but when the Dream and Fantasy came out with the higher beds to store the luggage under they switched all the beds out.

Wow. That is kind of surprising. Really limits who is willing to share a room ( maybe their point!).

Luckily it’s just me and DH. We’re used to a king but we’ll make do I guess!

Wow. That is kind of surprising. Really limits who is willing to share a room ( maybe their point!).

All the rooms have a very nice twin sofa bed that the room host sets up and takes down each day. So instead of two twins, you get a queen and a twin for people sharing rooms. Not sure how that is worse than two twins?

All the rooms have a very nice twin sofa bed that the room host sets up and takes down each day. So instead of two twins, you get a queen and a twin for people sharing rooms. Not sure how that is worse than two twins?

Just off a ship where you could have 3 twins. Queen converted to 2 twins and a twin sofa bed. Much better for a mother, daughter, granddaughter trip. While I “could” share a bed with someone other than DH, I really wouldn’t want to. :-)

Just off a ship where you could have 3 twins. Queen converted to 2 twins and a twin sofa bed. Much better for a mother, daughter, granddaughter trip. While I “could” share a bed with someone other than DH, I really wouldn’t want to. :-)

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Which ship is this? Do you need to make a special request ahead of time?

Thanks for the replies everyone. It’s good to know instead of just assuming the option is available! That’s what I figured anyway. Most other ships make it pretty clear the bed is configurable.

As a PP mentioned, a really nice thing about the beds is that they are tall enough to store luggage underneath. So no tripping over suitcases in the stateroom. It's nice to have so much storage.

Most other lines have people-eating-if-pushed-together twin beds. Just not Disney.
Except for Disney all our other cruises had the twin/queen bed thing. Only once did we have an issue with them. One of the twin mattresses had obviously been recently replaced, and was a good 2 inches higher than the other. When we mentioned it to the room steward, they wound up layering multiple blankets underneath the sheet to "even it out" a bit. It sort of worked. We've never had a bed that actually separated on us.

a really nice thing about the beds is that they are tall enough to store luggage underneath.
We've been able to store our luggage under the bed on all our cruses (twin/queen configuration or actual queen bed).

We've never had a bed that actually separated on us.

Both of my RCCL cruises where I was solo in the cabin I have. The second my cabin steward was skilled enough to fix the sheets tight enough it mostly stayed the rest of the time. My first, not so skilled and I regularly woke up with at least an arm and leg between the mattresses.

Holland America actually had the strap you can put around them to keep them together. But I could still feel the edges of the mattress and the little dip between them.

I've cruised on other lines several times where the bed can be configured into two twins, and really have never felt like the bed was separating or was about to eat me. But beds and mattresses are one of those very subjective things, like food!

I've cruised on other lines several times where the bed can be configured into two twins, and really have never felt like the bed was separating or was about to eat me. But beds and mattresses are one of those very subjective things, like food!

Agreed with mattress firmness/softness. But there is nothing subjective about waking up literally between mattresses! :P

DCL doesn't need to be concerned about this, it's not something that seems to detour people from throwing money at their cruise line :D I'm not sure we have discovered anything that prevents people from throwing money at the cruise line yet.

Most other lines have people-eating-if-pushed-together twin beds. Just not Disney.
Thanks for confirming! I thought DCL started to offer the option recently. Wishful thinking!! DD would have to continue to sleep on the sofa bed. I actually don’t mind sleeping with her but she prefers to sleep alone if possible.

I hope for this too! Doesn’t deter us from sailing DCL, but is one of the negatives. We sleep on a king at home, but would love two twins. A queen is just too small. So we lose our couch at night on DCL and I get stuck in the smaller couch bed and my husband gets to enjoy the queen to himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter