Cooling vest

redberyl

DIS Veteran
Considering getting my daughter a cooling vest. Anyone here use them? Do they actually work? Are they comfortable?

I have a coolshirt system that works amazingly well. I've never wore it to Disney though. For whatever reason it seems like all my jobs that require foundry work come up in the heat of summer. That means standing close in over a 1900f furnace for hours feeding it bronze to melt. The air temp in the area tops 160f. As long as I keep ice water in my resevoir, a thermometer in my mouth will never top 99f (I've checked).

I've tried the type that work by evaporation and the kind you load with ice packs and am not thrilled. Circulating liquid cooling is key.

Considering getting my daughter a cooling vest. Anyone here use them? Do they actually work? Are they comfortable?

Be sure to follow instructions with it - She will probably need to wear an undershirt or something between her and the vest to make sure she doesn't hurt her skin from prolonged exposure to the cold.

I will also say, as someone who abhors the heat on every general basis, the cooling vest solution is a little bit of too good to be true. I'm not exactly even sure why. Mine can be rigged portable with a tiny backpack sort of like a camelbak and I still wouldn't wear it to wdw.

I always feel weird after spending a lot of time in it. My intuition is that the body will balance temp when your top half is being cooled but it's a task for which it was not designed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter