Copper Creek Cabins - Worth It? And 7 Month Availability

We had a TON of points in 2020 because we had to cancel a Covid stay, and we did it before they had their ducks in a row at DVC, so they gave us all our points back, and banked points that shouldn’t have been banked, etc. So, anyway- we had tons of points, and I wasn’t super pumped to travel yet in the spring of 2023. The cabins seemed like a great compromise, because we had all these use them or lose them points, and I didn’t want a super long stay. We booked four nights.
it was fantastic! my favorite thing, by far, was to just sit on the porch. They stream in the music during the fireworks, but they also stream the resort theme music loop The rest of the day. It’s relaxing and lovely. Also, it’s a bunch of songs from movies in the 90’s like Little Women and Legends of the Fall that I remember from being a 90’s kid/teen. I am not sure I ever even sat on the couch in the unit. It was just lovely! we could not see the fireworks, and we didn’t have a great view of the water pageant, we were in #11 but we still loved it!

We had a TON of points in 2020 because we had to cancel a Covid stay, and we did it before they had their ducks in a row at DVC, so they gave us all our points back, and banked points that shouldn’t have been banked, etc. So, anyway- we had tons of points, and I wasn’t super pumped to travel yet in the spring of 2023. The cabins seemed like a great compromise, because we had all these use them or lose them points, and I didn’t want a super long stay. We booked four nights.
it was fantastic! my favorite thing, by far, was to just sit on the porch. They stream in the music during the fireworks, but they also stream the resort theme music loop The rest of the day. It’s relaxing and lovely. Also, it’s a bunch of songs from movies in the 90’s like Little Women and Legends of the Fall that I remember from being a 90’s kid/teen. I am not sure I ever even sat on the couch in the unit. It was just lovely! we could not see the fireworks, and we didn’t have a great view of the water pageant, we were in #11 but we still loved it!
Sounds wonderful, and I hope to do the same in a couple of years. But we expect to have our DD's family with us, including their daughter who might still be "napping age" then. So I was wondering whether there's a way to turn down the volume or turn off the resort theme music during the day and the fireworks music at night, in case the toddler needs to sleep?

Sounds wonderful, and I hope to do the same in a couple of years. But we expect to have our DD's family with us, including their daughter who might still be "napping age" then. So I was wondering whether there's a way to turn down the volume or turn off the resort theme music during the day and the fireworks music at night, in case the toddler needs to sleep?
Oh yes, you can turn it down or up Or off. It only plays in the screened in porch area, and it was at a low, background music type volume.

That's nice to hear! I was actually leaning away from staying there lately because of the points. I'm borrowing ahead for this trip to begin with and a cabin for 2 nights would pretty much wipe out our next year's points (but we could keep borrowing ahead, lol). Wasn't sure if it was worth it but I have a feeling it would be a core memory for my family too. :) Will be continuing to think about this!
Net net, I don't think you'd regret it. It was a splurge for us (we rent points) but still worth it. We dream about it still...

Love the Copper Creek Cabin, might be my favorite DVC villa. I think fireworks view will depend on which unit you get. You should be able to to see the water pageant from most of them though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter