Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new thread it is always a wealth of info. and I check it all the time. Our trip in March, staying at CSR, can't come soon enough!:upsidedow

What is the best way to get water shipped to the resort? We had been thinking about doing Garden Grocer, but I don't think we are going to do that anymore since we are thinking about upgrading to the DxDDP. We still need extra water though. I've done the Costco and Staples thing in the past, but it sounds like I'm going to be charged extra by Coronado to have a package delivered?

First let me say thank you to all of you...this thread has been so helpful to us as we plan our first stay at CSR. :)

I read somewhere on a website that Pepper Market opens at 6:30am but in most references I see to the operating hours it shows 7am. Does anyone know the true operating hours?

What is the best way to get water shipped to the resort? We had been thinking about doing Garden Grocer, but I don't think we are going to do that anymore since we are thinking about upgrading to the DxDDP. We still need extra water though. I've done the Costco and Staples thing in the past, but it sounds like I'm going to be charged extra by Coronado to have a package delivered?

I arrive on the 11th, so 10 days (cant wait) and am wondering the same thing... GG or Costco for water.. I like that if I go through GG, I can also get some Red Bull or something like that, but i know I dont need that and really dont want to pay $5/package for Costco water

The 10 day weather forecast is not looking at all how I want it to.:( I sure hope it changes.

We are back from our wonderful vacation. We spent 5 days at the CSR and it was fabulous.:cool1: We stayed in a king room, Cabanas 9B, 2nd floor corner room. The room was great and the bed very comfy.:cloud9: We loved the hammocks practically just outside our door; the quiet pool was so relaxing. We had a car and we were able to park quite close. Everything was great from check in to the auto check-out, no complaints.
Our last day we went to use our snack credits and sat out by the Laguna Bar. We sat near the water and as I was telling my husband about the alligator, it swam by!! :rotfl:We also saw a few turtles too.
We would love to go back some day, but explored the AKL so that might be a possibility for next time.
I have pictures I’ll try and post soon.
:hippie:

We are back from our wonderful vacation. We spent 5 days at the CSR and it was fabulous.:cool1: We stayed in a king room, Cabanas 9B, 2nd floor corner room. The room was great and the bed very comfy.:cloud9: We loved the hammocks practically just outside our door; the quiet pool was so relaxing. We had a car and we were able to park quite close. Everything was great from check in to the auto check-out, no complaints.
Our last day we went to use our snack credits and sat out by the Laguna Bar. We sat near the water and as I was telling my husband about the alligator, it swam by!! :rotfl:We also saw a few turtles too.
We would love to go back some day, but explored the AKL so that might be a possibility for next time.
I have pictures I’ll try and post soon.
:hippie:

Thanks for the mini review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. We stayed in the Cabanas for the first time in eight stays this past September and enjoyed the area (although we do prefer the Casitas). Glad you got to see "Glen's relative" swimming by. Like you, we are hoping to try AKL on our next visit...but we're doing a split stay at AKL and then back to CSR because we need to visit "home" on our trips.

Can't wait to see your pictures, and thanks again for reporting.

I see there was a catalog in the rooms where you can order pillows and bedding just like the resorts. However, there were 3 different kinds of pillows in the catalog and on the online site. Does any one per chance know which ones are actually in the rooms? I LOVE them and want to make sure I purchase the right ones. Thanks!!!

I really hope I like or love CSR I just added 2 nights to my 6 night ressie.:banana:

I arrive on the 11th, so 10 days (cant wait) and am wondering the same thing... GG or Costco for water.. I like that if I go through GG, I can also get some Red Bull or something like that, but i know I dont need that and really dont want to pay $5/package for Costco water

Does CSR charge for Garden Grocer deliveries too? We are thinking about ordering a few things from there.

I was also wondering if anyone knows how CSR handles delivery of perisible items. The GG website states that all bell services storerooms have a fridge where these items are kept for you but I'm a little worried still.

Thanks for all the great help and advice!

13 days and counting down!!!!!!!:santa:

Since we are at that window time, I am faxing my request tomorrow. It is the 10 day countdown.

Coronado Springs Resort is beautiful!! Beautiful and massive!

Wed 11/18: We arrived around 10:30pm via Magical Express and CSR was just as beautiful as I expected and had seen in many, many photos here. That being said, the resort is very, very large! We were in room 9109 (upgraded to waterview...yay!) Cabana 9A which is a great location but still a 5-7 minute walk to El Centro and the Dig Site which we went to both quite a bit. Our room was directly facing one of the quite pools which we never used because the kids loved the Dig Site...we were also just feet away from the little beach and awesome hammocks...those, we used almost daily! So relaxing!

Thur 11/19:
Rix Cafe: :)
The kids and I had muffins, bought our souvenier refillable mugs (great value for us!!) and sat outside to eat and guess what the first thing we saw was? Glen!! He is so cute!! Well...as long as he stays in the water he's cute!! We also saw a large turtle, not sure if he has a name but the kids got a kick out of both of them. They also wondered how I knew the alligator was named Glen...haha! Ok...sometimes I get off track when writing. or speaking. So forgive me. Anyway...the muffins were GREAT! Very yummy...we all got the chocolate chips ones...and that wasn't the only muffin morning due to their yumminess!

Ok..from this point on...I am just going to list what we tried, thought ate, liked, disliked...afterall, I DID say this report was mini!

Dig Site: Kids LOVED it! Espeically the slide, playground and Arcade surrounding the pool area.

Pepper Market: YUCK! I made the mistake of eating here...TWICE! :eek:
First time, my 7yo and I ate lunch here.
DS7: hotdog, oreo cake: Liked it
Me: Chargrilled steak, rice: GROSS! No flavor!
Would never eat here again!

Second time...we had just come back from the parks, were tired and hungry so we gave it another shot.
DS7: hotdog, choc cake: Liked it again
DS10: Turkey Sand, chooc cake: said it was good
MIL: side of mac and cheese: ate 2 bites...not very good.
Me: Chef Salad....ehhhhhh

Panchitos Gift Shop: Very cute store...the kids and I visited here quite a few times...loved that they also had a little food area...boxes of dounts, cookies, chips, milk, juice, cold drinks, etc. Very nice!

What am I doing? I haven't even mentioned the room: The room was nice...just like the pics posted on the Dis! It just didn't feel very clean to me...so as I would have anyway...in any room...I wiped down the entire room in Clorox wipes...felt much better! Beds were awesome and we melted into them each night!

Mousekeeping: We only had our super awesome, friendly Mousekepper Marianne service the room 4 times during our stay. She was great! Always left plenty of towels, toiletries and a little bird towel animal! So cute!!

Bus Stops: We used both stops 1 and 4. I prefer 1. The transportation was ok. Better to the parks than back to the resort as one would imagine. On average, we waited about 15 minutes for busses to the parks. There were a few times we waited 20 minutes and several times leaving the park that we waited about 45 minutes...that.was.horrible! Everyone is tried and cranky...you stand in line and swear that every other resort has 3 buses coming to your one...not fun!

Ok...Dining Review! We were on the Dining Plan and LOVED it!! I think we will always opt to add the DP to our vacation packages!! I am only going to list what I ate because well, quite frankly, I was so hungry I didn't pay attention to what others had or liked the rest of the trip...sorry!

DTD Raglan Road: :)
Me: Chowder and bread pudding...very yummy! And filling! loaded with seafood and finished off in a nice, rich cream sauce! The bread pudding. Well, OMG! Awesome!! Best bread pudding I have ever had in my 32 years of life...and the sauce? Outstanding!
Would eat here again! Service: Very Good!

DTD Earl of Sandwich: :)
Me: Original sandiwch which is the Roast Beef one, coke, sugar cookie.
Sandwich was awesome! One of the best I have ever had, cookie was ok...it was a cookie. Loved EoS....great counter service meal!
Would eat here again!

Chef Mickey's Breakfast: :)
I give it a :) because of the characters. the food was avaerage...typical breakfast buffet food, nothing special. It's a "do it one time cause it's Chefg Mickey's and you have to" kinda place for us.
Would not return here. Service: Good

Continued in next post....

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/1028359:5?role=&from=golf_courseprofile

Doing a single digit dance!! Looking really good for next week!
Kathy, LMK if you want any specific pictures ~ and thanks as always for all your help, this thread is invaluable.

Thank you, sweetie! I hope you ahve a really magical Christmas trip. How fun!
I would love pictures of as many Christmas decorations as you can get (lobby, hallways, outdoors of the resort) and more "inside" pictures of Panchitos.

Thank you. :hug:

Coronado Springs Resort is beautiful!! Beautiful and massive!

Wed 11/18: We arrived around 10:30pm via Magical Express and CSR was just as beautiful as I expected and had seen in many, many photos here. That being said, the resort is very, very large! We were in room 9109 (upgraded to waterview...yay!) Cabana 9A which is a great location but still a 5-7 minute walk to El Centro and the Dig Site which we went to both quite a bit. Our room was directly facing one of the quite pools which we never used because the kids loved the Dig Site...we were also just feet away from the little beach and awesome hammocks...those, we used almost daily! So relaxing!

Thur 11/19:
Rix Cafe: :)
The kids and I had muffins, bought our souvenier refillable mugs (great value for us!!) and sat outside to eat and guess what the first thing we saw was? Glen!! He is so cute!! Well...as long as he stays in the water he's cute!! We also saw a large turtle, not sure if he has a name but the kids got a kick out of both of them. They also wondered how I knew the alligator was named Glen...haha! Ok...sometimes I get off track when writing. or speaking. So forgive me. Anyway...the muffins were GREAT! Very yummy...we all got the chocolate chips ones...and that wasn't the only muffin morning due to their yumminess!

Ok..from this point on...I am just going to list what we tried, thought ate, liked, disliked...afterall, I DID say this report was mini!

Dig Site: Kids LOVED it! Espeically the slide, playground and Arcade surrounding the pool area.

Pepper Market: YUCK! I made the mistake of eating here...TWICE! :eek:
First time, my 7yo and I ate lunch here.
DS7: hotdog, oreo cake: Liked it
Me: Chargrilled steak, rice: GROSS! No flavor!
Would never eat here again!

Second time...we had just come back from the parks, were tired and hungry so we gave it another shot.
DS7: hotdog, choc cake: Liked it again
DS10: Turkey Sand, chooc cake: said it was good
MIL: side of mac and cheese: ate 2 bites...not very good.
Me: Chef Salad....ehhhhhh

Panchitos Gift Shop: Very cute store...the kids and I visited here quite a few times...loved that they also had a little food area...boxes of dounts, cookies, chips, milk, juice, cold drinks, etc. Very nice!

What am I doing? I haven't even mentioned the room: The room was nice...just like the pics posted on the Dis! It just didn't feel very clean to me...so as I would have anyway...in any room...I wiped down the entire room in Clorox wipes...felt much better! Beds were awesome and we melted into them each night!

Mousekeeping: We only had our super awesome, friendly Mousekepper Marianne service the room 4 times during our stay. She was great! Always left plenty of towels, toiletries and a little bird towel animal! So cute!!

Bus Stops: We used both stops 1 and 4. I prefer 1. The transportation was ok. Better to the parks than back to the resort as one would imagine. On average, we waited about 15 minutes for busses to the parks. There were a few times we waited 20 minutes and several times leaving the park that we waited about 45 minutes...that.was.horrible! Everyone is tried and cranky...you stand in line and swear that every other resort has 3 buses coming to your one...not fun!

Ok...Dining Review! We were on the Dining Plan and LOVED it!! I think we will always opt to add the DP to our vacation packages!! I am only going to list what I ate because well, quite frankly, I was so hungry I didn't pay attention to what others had or liked the rest of the trip...sorry!

DTD Raglan Road: :)
Me: Chowder and bread pudding...very yummy! And filling! loaded with seafood and finished off in a nice, rich cream sauce! The bread pudding. Well, OMG! Awesome!! Best bread pudding I have ever had in my 32 years of life...and the sauce? Outstanding!
Would eat here again! Service: Very Good!

DTD Earl of Sandwich: :)
Me: Original sandiwch which is the Roast Beef one, coke, sugar cookie.
Sandwich was awesome! One of the best I have ever had, cookie was ok...it was a cookie. Loved EoS....great counter service meal!
Would eat here again!

Chef Mickey's Breakfast: :)
I give it a :) because of the characters. the food was avaerage...typical breakfast buffet food, nothing special. It's a "do it one time cause it's Chefg Mickey's and you have to" kinda place for us.
Would not return here. Service: Good

Continued in next post....
Can't wait to hear more detail, we are 90 days away from our first CSR trip...!

DTD Wolfgang Puck Express: :)
Me: Chinois Salad, Key Lime Pie. LOVED the salad...LOVED it!! The Pie was also quite tasty. I was so bummed 'tho that they didn't offer the creme brulee!! When did that happen?! In any case...
Would totally return here!!

Le'Cellier: So awesome!! :love:
Me: NY Strip subbed mushroom risotto in place of gratin potatos, chocolate "moose". One of the best steaks I have ever had!! Perfectly cooked, great flavor...risotto was delish! Smooth, creamy and perfect! The moose was too cute for words and quite tasty!
Would without a doubt return here in a heartbeat!! Awesome!
Service: Best of the trip...Greg was fantastic!!

Grey Goose Slush in France: Perfection in the version of a slushy boozed beverage! :)

Starring Rolls: :)
Me: chocolate chip muffin. again, yum.

Sci-Fi Dine-In: :confused3
Me: Burger w/onion rings, hot fudge sundae. Maybe they were having an off day...but the burger was just ok. After reading that is the ONLY thing this place serves that's good...I would say the opposite. It. was. not. good. Very average. Onion rings on the other hand, AWESOME! As well as the sundae...how can you go wrong with ice cream and fudge?! very tasty!
Would possibly return if only for the Onion Rings. Service: Very Good!

Boma: :love:
Me: EVERYTHING!! OMG! Love this place...so very, very good! best things were: prime rib, chicken, pita chips w/hummus, all of their salads, all of their fruit, zebra domes, mini peanut butter dessert cups...ok, that's just about everything they had on the buffet.
Would return here in a heartbeat again...fantastic!! Service: OK

Peco's in Magic Kingdom: Yuck! :sick:
Me: Burger, fries, coke. The burger was nasty...they NEED the fixin's bar to mask the actual burger quality. Best part was the cheese sauce.
Would never return. never.

Pizza on the Boardwalk: :sick:
All of us: Not very good. Not at all. Plain and tasteless and just not good. Never again.

Kona Cafe for breakfast: :)
All of us: fruit to share....so good and fresh! awesome!!
Me: Big Kahuna...alright. Nothing to write home about. coffee was very good 'tho!
Would not return here for breakfast...too average. Service: OK

Tokyo Dining in Epcot: :)
All of us: Various sushi...very, very good and fresh!
Me: tempura chicken and shrimp, shrimp cocktail. All of the food was very good here...the shrimp cocktail was the best part of my meal! Shrimp cooked to perfection, chilled and served with spicy cocktail sauce...yum!
Would not return here...it was very good but not somewhere we NEED to eat when in WDW! Service: Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter