Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We checked in last night, and we got KTTW cards as well as the MB we had. There is a fridge in our room too! The MB have worked great so far & we have not had to use the KTTW cards at all!! My DD even forgot her paper ticket to MNSSHP last night but it was synced to the MB and it worked fine for entry. Had a blast at the party!!! And love love LOVE CSR!!! :)

We checked in last night, and we got KTTW cards as well as the MB we had. There is a fridge in our room too! The MB have worked great so far & we have not had to use the KTTW cards at all!! My DD even forgot her paper ticket to MNSSHP last night but it was synced to the MB and it worked fine for entry. Had a blast at the party!!! And love love LOVE CSR!!! :)

For the mnsshp it used the rot portion of ticket? Bc I've Been reading on the board to not have them synced bc it will used a regular park ticket and short you a day.

For the mnsshp it used the rot portion of ticket? Bc I've Been reading on the board to not have them synced bc it will used a regular park ticket and short you a day.

It might have, but I spaced a little and forgot that the ticket was a park entry so I had an extra day anyway! So it worked out great & she didn't have to run back to the resort to get a paper ticket! :)

Hey everyone, I just booked a CSR preferred room for out last minute December trip! We are first time Disney guests and like that everything was totally themed out at CSR. Any room requests/suggestions I should be looking for? How is PM now, do they have someone seating you still? Thanks!

We stayed at CSR last week October 18-25 and loved the resort. Even though we requested Cabanas ahead of time (just a request) we were placed in quite possibly the most far out room in all of CSR. The front desk CM was a little abrupt on arrival when I asked if there was any possibility to move at least closer to a bus stop - the resort was full so no pixie dust or moving. It ended up being OK because we had a rental car for our stay, so we drove to El Centro instead of walking a couple of mornings. The rest of the front desk encounters were more pleasant, so maybe just a chaotic arrival day with Free Dining period starting.

We were in Rancheros 6A, corner room 1st floor 6130. Our room was clean, and stuffed animals organized for us daily. I will try to post a couple of shots that we took in the Rancheros section and our room. Rancheros section was actually very tranquil and beautiful. DH did spot a large black snake walking back from the Dig Site one night though!

We were only a short walk along the lake to the Dig Site - closer than the quiet pool. Laundry was a bit of a pain though since that was by the quiet pool. Kids loved the Dig Site pool, more than POR or POFQ main pools that we got to try out at the end of our trip. We enjoyed the larger hot tub as well that was not overrun by too many kids. DD enjoyed the playground.

While it is definitely more adult feeling at the resort, I think it actually made it feel more relaxing than POR and POFQ. Definitely still families around.

We only filled up mugs (both at El Centro and Dig Site), never ate at the resort, so can't speak to that. Staff at Panchito's were really nice and offered DD and DS a chance to open the store with tambourines and stuff one day while we were sitting at the fountain and while DH was talking to the front desk. They were too shy though.

Here's a map with our room location below (UPDATED WITH LOCATION). It was a close walk to Bus Stop 3, and I loved that the buses hit the outer stops first. We never waited long for a park bus. CSR has a nice central location for driving around Disney too - we drove to Walmart, AK, AKL, GF, Poly and used the rental when switching resorts.

We stayed at CSR last week October 18-25 and loved the resort. Even though we requested Cabanas ahead of time (just a request) we were placed in quite possibly the most far out room in all of CSR. The front desk CM was a little abrupt on arrival when I asked if there was any possibility to move at least closer to a bus stop - the resort was full so no pixie dust or moving. It ended up being OK because we had a rental car for our stay, so we drove to El Centro instead of walking a couple of mornings. The rest of the front desk encounters were more pleasant, so maybe just a chaotic arrival day with Free Dining period starting.

We were in Rancheros 6A, corner room 1st floor 6130. Our room was clean, and stuffed animals organized for us daily. I will try to post a couple of shots that we took in the Rancheros section and our room. Rancheros section was actually very tranquil and beautiful. DH did spot a large black snake walking back from the Dig Site one night though!

We were only a short walk along the lake to the Dig Site - closer than the quiet pool. Laundry was a bit of a pain though since that was by the quiet pool. Kids loved the Dig Site pool, more than POR or POFQ main pools that we got to try out at the end of our trip. We enjoyed the larger hot tub as well that was not overrun by too many kids. DD enjoyed the playground.

While it is definitely more adult feeling at the resort, I think it actually made it feel more relaxing than POR and POFQ. Definitely still families around.

We only filled up mugs (both at El Centro and Dig Site), never ate at the resort, so can't speak to that. Staff at Panchito's were really nice and offered DD and DS a chance to open the store with tambourines and stuff one day while we were sitting at the fountain and while DH was talking to the front desk. They were too shy though.

Here's a map with our room location below (star close where our room was, or maybe even the corner room to the left section of the building, we were in the very tip of the building). It was a close walk to Bus Stop 3, and I loved that the buses hit the outer stops first. We never waited long for a park bus. CSR has a nice central location for driving around Disney too - we drove to Walmart, AK, AKL, GF, Poly and used the rental when switching resorts.

http://s269.photobucket.com/user/ho...8-4ed2-b45c-46c7ae65e33d_zpsd554952d.jpg.html

Snakes??? I can take alligators but snakes? This really freaks me out.

I'm sure that they are "Animatronic" snakes set up by Imagineers ;) ..... Do they talk or start breaking into song? :rotfl :) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

LOL, I am SO glad it was DH and not me that saw the black snake slither by, I too would have freaked! It was night/dark, lots of foliage lined the sidewalk, I had headed back to the room with the kids a few minutes earlier so didn't see it. I was keeping an eye out for critters and was actually spooked by a bunny one night. ;)

Path BEHIND the Dig Site (to like Rancheros 7B, Cabanas, etc.) if you want to avoid it. (Yet they move...:scared1:) DH was going to get some extra quarters for pressed pennies.

Honestly, I was probably more scared about the "unplanned" maintenance at the pool one night - ewh!

We stayed at CSR for 12 days. We've been back for a couple of days now. We stayed at Casitas 5. The room was nice but no animal shaped towels after day 2. It was a bit of a hike from our room to the Dig Site or El Centro so we did not use our dining plan mugs a lot. The nice thing was that we were very close to Bus Stop 2. We had no trouble getting on a bus. It seemed like the bus rides to DTD, EP, and MK were a bit long and those are the parks we'd go to most. Loved the resort but might stay closer to MK or EP next time.

We stayed at CSR for 12 days. We've been back for a couple of days now. We stayed at Casitas 5. The room was nice but no animal shaped towels after day 2. It was a bit of a hike from our room to the Dig Site or El Centro so we did not use our dining plan mugs a lot. The nice thing was that we were very close to Bus Stop 2. We had no trouble getting on a bus. It seemed like the bus rides to DTD, EP, and MK were a bit long and those are the parks we'd go to most. Loved the resort but might stay closer to MK or EP next time.

Was there last week as well. Never used the bus so can't comment on that. But I thought Casitas 5 was one of the closer buildings to the dig site - just go left and across the little bridge yes? And it's pretty close to El Centro too (at least compared to any Ranchero building).

Have to admit that staying in Cabanas 9B was convenient to both although we never went to El Centro except for one time to eat at Pepper Market.

Here's the picture overload. While we were WAY out in Rancheros, I have to admit the room view and surroundings were so beautiful that it helped ease the pain of the distance to El Centro. Having a rental car helped with that as well.

On the path near Rancheros Section near 6B/7A, walking toward 6A:

Kids walking into 6A on the opposite end of our room, coming from the Rancheros quiet pool (they liked walking down the corridors):

Corner room 6130 coming from Dig Site path ear the bridge to the Casitas:

View from Standard room 6130, lovely little pond next to building and pond across the street with morning fog:

Here's the picture overload. While we were WAY out in Rancheros, I have to admit the room view and surroundings were so beautiful that it helped ease the pain of the distance to El Centro. Having a rental car helped with that as well.

I agree that it is "out of the way", but I walked the path all the way around the resort every morning and really liked the theming and the atmosphere back in the Rancheros section. So much detail - the cactus, the hoof prints, the dry river bed that carried over onto the sidewalks. Just thought it was really cool!

Glad I got out and explored away from the Cabanas! I will post some pics...eventually...

I agree that it is "out of the way", but I walked the path all the way around the resort every morning and really liked the theming and the atmosphere back in the Rancheros section. So much detail - the cactus, the hoof prints, the dry river bed that carried over onto the sidewalks. Just thought it was really cool!

Glad I got out and explored away from the Cabanas! I will post some pics...eventually...

The footprints in the sidewalk were really cute, and the different varieties of cactus were beautiful. We spotted snails and the little salamanders often on the sidewalks too. It reminded me a bit of Scottsdale at times. More shade then what I thought would be there too.:beach:

I wish we would have explored the Cabanas a bit, but we never made it over there. I had requested Cabanas, so I also didn't want to disappoint myself further that we didn't get that section, and just enjoy the Rancheros. DH walked the path, but I only did the trip once from El Centro on arrival day (midday, 90 degrees + 95% humidity, in jeans, :crazy2:)

I think that fact that it looks like Arizona is going to be a big plus for us! (Two weeks from Saturday!!!) We plan to move to Arizona in a few years, so I'm sure we are going to love CSR for that reason. We were originally booked at POR, but with free dining, we ended up moving and I think we're going to be very happy with the change!

We stayed at CSpr at the beginning of the month and wanted to give a little report and share some pictures. This trip involved me and my DS 14.

I did not do the online check-in and had to wait in a bit of a line to check in. When I finally did get to the counter, the Key to the World printing machine malfunctioned and we had to wait around 30 minutes to get our keys. However, the cast member checking us in was very nice and you could tell she felt bad for long wait. Good news was our room was ready even though we were well before the check-in time.

We had a preferred room that backed up to the Convention Center. Because we had to go around the convention center, the walk still seemed long. This was my biggest problem with the Resort, it seemed like a long walk everywhere we wanted to go. (But that is part of doing Disney...you have to walk everywhere.) All of the walking did have an upside, the views were wonderful. The resort is landscaped beautifully and is breathtaking at night.

Our room was clean and comfy. The pocket doors were very nice to give a larger changing area. The beds were very comfortable as well. I had not problem sleeping on them and I am very picky about my beds! I also loved that I did not have to remove a comfortable.

We ate at both the Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. The Pepper Market was just okay. Not the best food, not the worst. One evening we got our food to go and sat outside by the lake and watched the sun set. At Cafe Rix, we got a some pastries and boy where they yummy!

So, to some it all up: Very nice Cast Members, Beautiful room and grounds, and lots of walking.
Disney2013116_zps1865512a.jpg.html

Disney2013084_zps335c5ae3.jpg.html

Disney2013080_zps4df1639b.jpg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter