Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cockroaches are everywhere in Fl. Door open or closed they will get in. They can come up the drain.

Hopefully, Disney Resorts do their best to prevent them from coming up the drains...

I don't live in florida and I am terrified of bugs. One way or another, if I can prevent 1 of 2 to get in the room by keeping the door shut, IMO, it's worth it.

Curious about this... we are staying at CSR in two weeks, also on DDP. How do you know which items/stations make up 1 QS meal at Pepper Market? Do you just pick a station and are there entrees with sides and desserts? Or are they sides somewhere else? Just don't want to end up with something extra that's not considered part of my QS meal, and then have to pay OOP for it. Thanks!

Each station has a sign listing the entrees and what is included (e.g. French fries). That is your QS entrée. Then you chose a dessert and you can fill your mug at the beverage station. If you have any question, the cast members at the stations will help you out.

Left Coronado this morning.

I want to mention that up to tuesday, it was still possible to " double dip" (Fastpass)...

There was no service at the tables and no charge (gratuity) at Pepper Market.

There were cockroaches at Ranchos 7A (outside). They said pest control would treat the building. I refused housekeeping all week since they leave the doors wide open while they clean. Had no problems at all (they called every dy to ask if we needed shampoo or towels or getting our room cleaned) and we had no "unwanted roomates". ;)

The walk is not as bad as you would think. DH had to go get something at the shop before 11:00 p.m., we left the room at 10:50 p.m. We got there without running and were able to make it on time. Remember we were on the complte opposite from El Centro. Very close to the pool and there was a bus stop (#3) right behind our building.

I don't understand the complaints at all!

Thank you for the information!
Question - were you on the Disney Dining Plan? Just wondering if they are still charging a gratuity on meals purchased at the Pepper Market.
Thanks!

Yes, on the dining plan and no, they are not seating you/serving drinks and they don't add gratuity anymore. :)

So, if you are not on dining plan (like us), we had a server who brought us drinks and there was a suggested gratuity on the bill.

Strange, but I guess it makes sense if you have the refillable mugs as part of the dining plan.

So, if you are not on dining plan (like us), we had a server who brought us drinks and there was a suggested gratuity on the bill. Strange, but I guess it makes sense if you have the refillable mugs as part of the dining plan.
But you could buy a refillable mug even if you aren't on the dining plan, so in that case will they remove the gratuity? I'm just going to get the food to go like I planned to.

Cockroaches are everywhere in Fl. Door open or closed they will get in. They can come up the drain.

LOL, this reminds me when I lived in FL during CP and my roommates found a Palmetto bug in the shower one morning. :faint: I had to get out of bed shoo it away with Windex (we didn't have bug/roach spray) for them because I was the brave one in the apt. :rotfl2: Our doors were closed, and they sent the exterminators regularly to spray, so yeah, he/she probably came up the drain? :laughing:

So, if you are not on dining plan (like us), we had a server who brought us drinks and there was a suggested gratuity on the bill.

Strange, but I guess it makes sense if you have the refillable mugs as part of the dining plan.

No, we took our drinks at the drinks table like everybody else...

When were you there? I left yesterday....

But you could buy a refillable mug even if you aren't on the dining plan, so in that case will they remove the gratuity? I'm just going to get the food to go like I planned to.

I saw no servers at the tables. It was just like a good old cafeteria, except that you had you paper punched at each station and you paid in the end. (No gratuity added).

No, we took our drinks at the drinks table like everybody else...

When were you there? I left yesterday....

We were there until Tuesday. Ate lunch at Pepper Market on Saturday 10/26. When we were waiting for a table, CM asked if we were on dining plan. She took us to a table and told us who our server was and said that server would be by to take drink orders. They gave us the cards to be stamped. I had the panini of the day and DH had a turkey sandwich - they just wrote "turkey sandwich" on his card. Server brought me a coke and water for DH and took our cards.

When she came back with the bill and saw that we were going to use tap and pay she took me up to the cash register. Just looked at my receipt and see that we weren't charged for my soda.

If you don't have a server and don't have refillable mugs, how does one get drinks???

We were there until Tuesday. Ate lunch at Pepper Market on Saturday 10/26. When we were waiting for a table, CM asked if we were on dining plan. She took us to a table and told us who our server was and said that server would be by to take drink orders. They gave us the cards to be stamped. I had the panini of the day and DH had a turkey sandwich - they just wrote "turkey sandwich" on his card. Server brought me a coke and water for DH and took our cards.

When she came back with the bill and saw that we were going to use tap and pay she took me up to the cash register. Just looked at my receipt and see that we weren't charged for my soda.

If you don't have a server and don't have refillable mugs, how does one get drinks???

We arrived on sunday 10/27, we were told we could sit wherever we wanted and how the restaurant worked (with the cards). just like the other kinds of food, at the left side of the dessert stand, there was a drink stand --just a table and a bin filled with ice with all kinds of drinks -- (water bottle, and juices already in glasses) that we could pick up, our card was also punched there.

At the end of our meal, we brought our punched cards to the cash register and paid with our magic bands.

It was the same way yesterday morning 31/10.

Anyone know if you can get coffee in the mornings at the restaurant by the pool (Siestas I think it's called)? It shows that it opens at 11 but was curious if you could refill your mugs with coffee before then or if you have to go to El Centro. Thanks!!

Edit: it opens at 11, but not sure if the drink machines/coffee are self-service in the mornings.

We picked up our free mug as part of our vacation package. Do we pay to have it filled or is that included?

I'm confused on these recent reports of Pepper Market. To my knowledge, the way it has been is that everyone has a server - dining plan or no dining plan, refillable mugs or not. I was also under the impression that you were seated by a host or hostess.

Some of these recent reports are saying you can sit wherever you want and there were no servers? Has it changed or does Pepper Market do this during slow times? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter