• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cot or inflatable for the extra person?

We just had a similar situation with 8 travelers at BCV. We are the DVC owners and have no kids, and we were with our SIL and BIL and their 4 kids (13 + 10YO triplets). We took the master. SIL&BIL wanted the privacy of their own room, so they took the second bedroom. Then 4 kids needed to sleep in the living room. 2 sleep on the pullout and we ordered & shipped 2 twin cheap ($14 each) air mattresses from Walmart and blew them up with the hairdryer. We never deflated them and only added air every night as needed.

IMO, the adults should get the real beds (if that's what they prefer). The teens can share or sleep on the floor. My 3 teens never want to share a bed, but they always choose sharing over sleeping on the floor. They complain about it to start, but if they are tired enough, they end up not caring much. I don't care if my daughter shares with one of my sons. That's for them to work out and it usually results in the 3 of them taking turns. Tell them when they can pay for their own accommodations, they can choose to have their own bed.

We were just 3 in a studio last week. As owner, I claim the queen. No one wants to sleep with dd21 - no one, she moves everywhere - so we brought one of the IMEX singles that inflates and deflates. It was nicer than the pullout, actually. And we inflated/deflated it everyday to push it out of the way. Best $40 (amazon) I spent for the trip.

We have an inflatable bed we bring. Our son has autism and won’t share a bed, so we do an inflatable. We drive so we also have a memory foam topper. It’s one of those double high ones so it doesn’t feel like he’s on the floor.

I would think an inflatable would be easier to store during the day, just lean it against a wall and it won't leave a scratch. On the other hand a cot is furniture and could cause scratches or marks on the wall.

In past years we ordered a air mattress from amazon had it shipped to resort . and left it there.
I think a coleman with the pump was about 50 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter