Could this be our last trip to the World for awhile...Final Plans 9/11

Hi Kathy, Wanted to get this in before I head up to NJ to visit family for a few days. Wishing you and Mark a GREAT trip and cannot wait to hear all about it. Have tons of fun!!! Elaine

Hi Kathy, Wanted to get this in before I head up to NJ to visit family for a few days. Wishing you and Mark a GREAT trip and cannot wait to hear all about it. Have tons of fun!!! Elaine

Elaine, thank you so much for coming by to wish us a fun trip. I hope you enjoy your time in NJ with family.

Safe travels to you and I hope you have a Magical vacation!

Thanks, Megan. :goodvibes

Have a great trip Kathy! I hope you and Mark have a great time.

And good luck keeping Timmy out of trouble when you meet up.

Well. well. well. Looky what we have here. I knew you'd post it, I just thought you were saving it for the TR. :furious:
Oh, she'll post it again. I have faith in her. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Have a great trip Kathy! I hope you and Mark have a great time.

Thanks Andy!

And good luck keeping Timmy out of trouble when you meet up.

I'd have better luck staying away from Starbucks. ;)

Oh, she'll post it again. I have faith in her. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Of course I will.

We finally made it:

I have 6-1/2 hours of work left, minus an hour for a DIS meet lunch (this is a DISer I've not yet met in person). Mark will pick me up at the train and we are going to Olive Garden for dinner. Then it is home to finish packing. Andy is stopping by to make sure our DVR is all set for all of our shows that start next week while we are gone and to say goodbye.

Andy and his brother are going to New York next Wednesday. Markie will drive into Chicago on Tuesday right after work and spend the night with Andy. They have an early flight out of Midway Wednesday morning and then are going to the New York Yankees game to see Derek Jeter play in person one last time and then they fly home right after the game and Markie drives back to Dubuque early Thursday morning to get to work.

Mark and I are so ready for this trip. Unfortunately, the severance check didn't come so we won't be adding our signature meal, but we plan on having a blast anyway. We are so looking forward to meeting Tim, Mel and the kids (that's nice) and Wendy and Johnny (teekathepony), and of course having drinks and seeing the Frozen fireworks with Cynthia and Jeff (eandesmom) tomorrow night.

If you are friends with me on FB, you will see at least a picture a day posted...including some hat photos, I'm sure.

Thanks again everyone for reading.

What a great trip you have planned!! I'm so excited that you're going to do the backstage safari! I bet that is a really great tour.
GOOD LUCK WITH PACKING AND LAST MINUTE THINGS TODAY!!! HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

Sorry the severance check didn't arrive yet. I know you'll have a great time and great food no matter where you eat though.

Well, as long as you avoid Pizza Planet. :rolleyes1

I'm kind of jealous of Markie and Andy though. I hate the Yankees, but have nothing but respect for Jeter. That will be a fun trip for them to go watch him play. I wouldn't mind doing that myself. :thumbsup2

What a great trip you have planned!! I'm so excited that you're going to do the backstage safari! I bet that is a really great tour.
GOOD LUCK WITH PACKING AND LAST MINUTE THINGS TODAY!!! HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

Thank you, Maddie. We have lots of great DIS meets planned and the safari for Mark. I've heard nothing but good things about the safari.

Sorry the severance check didn't arrive yet. I know you'll have a great time and great food no matter where you eat though.

We still have some really great restaurants we are eating at and then have all of our meals in Naples. It just ticks me off that they delayed getting it to us (typical!).

Well, as long as you avoid Pizza Planet. :rolleyes1

And Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm kind of jealous of Markie and Andy though. I hate the Yankees, but have nothing but respect for Jeter. That will be a fun trip for them to go watch him play. I wouldn't mind doing that myself. :thumbsup2

As you know, Andy is my big baseball guy. He started playing when he was five and now coaches high school and summer ball and fall ball. Let's say he eats, drinks and breathes baseball. Both him and Markie are huge Jeter fans, as am I. We need more class acts like him in baseball.

We finally made it:

I have 6-1/2 hours of work left, minus an hour for a DIS meet lunch (this is a DISer I've not yet met in person). Mark will pick me up at the train and we are going to Olive Garden for dinner. Then it is home to finish packing. Andy is stopping by to make sure our DVR is all set for all of our shows that start next week while we are gone and to say goodbye.

Andy and his brother are going to New York next Wednesday. Markie will drive into Chicago on Tuesday right after work and spend the night with Andy. They have an early flight out of Midway Wednesday morning and then are going to the New York Yankees game to see Derek Jeter play in person one last time and then they fly home right after the game and Markie drives back to Dubuque early Thursday morning to get to work.

Mark and I are so ready for this trip. Unfortunately, the severance check didn't come so we won't be adding our signature meal, but we plan on having a blast anyway. We are so looking forward to meeting Tim, Mel and the kids (that's nice) and Wendy and Johnny (teekathepony), and of course having drinks and seeing the Frozen fireworks with Cynthia and Jeff (eandesmom) tomorrow night.

If you are friends with me on FB, you will see at least a picture a day posted...including some hat photos, I'm sure.

Thanks again everyone for reading.

Hi Kathy!! I'm so happy for you that your trip with Mark is here!! I hope you two have a blast and I can't wait to read about it! :) Have a MAGICAL time!! :goodvibes

with a DIS meet. As you know, I've been fortunate to have many DIS meets...both at Disney World, in Milwaukee, Gurnee, etc. Today I finally had one in Chicago with a DISer who I've been dying to meet and we could just never get our schedules straight. She is just back from Disney on a surprise trip with her triplets for their birthday.

Mo (Chicago Mo here on the DIS) met me at Pot Belly where we had an enjoyable lunch and she told me a bit about her trip (I can't wait to read that Trip Report).

Thanks for the goodies you brought Mark and I...you are a true sweetheart, Mo, and I'm glad we finally hooked up.

And this silly picture is for D (DMGeurts here on the DIS):

with a DIS meet. As you know, I've been fortunate to have many DIS meets...both at Disney World, in Milwaukee, Gurnee, etc. Today I finally had one in Chicago with a DISer who I've been dying to meet and we could just never get our schedules straight. She is just back from Disney on a surprise trip with her triplets for their birthday.

Mo (Chicago Mo here on the DIS) met me at Pot Belly where we had an enjoyable lunch and she told me a bit about her trip (I can't wait to read that Trip Report).

Thanks for the goodies you brought Mark and I...you are a true sweetheart, Mo, and I'm glad we finally hooked up.

Were you at the Pot Belly on Dearborn, just north of the Marquette Building? I just walked past that building on the way to the bank.

What a great day for a Dis meet. :goodvibes I hope she told you some secrets about her trip. ;)

Were you at the Pot Belly on Dearborn, just north of the Marquette Building? I just walked past that building on the way to the bank.

What a great day for a Dis meet. :goodvibes I hope she told you some secrets about her trip. ;)

Sue, it is! I work across the street from Chase.

It is a gorgeous day out. No secrets (except to hang in Innoventions when it rains).

Sue, it is! I work across the street from Chase.

It is a gorgeous day out. No secrets (except to hang in Innoventions when it rains).

I work in the Monadnock Building, surrounded by federal buildings. :)

If we don't manage to run into each other in WDW, maybe we can try for Chicago. :)

I work in the Monadnock Building, surrounded by federal buildings. :)

If we don't manage to run into each other in WDW, maybe we can try for Chicago. :)

Sue, that would be lovely. I hope to see you there, but if not...definitely in Chicago (I work in the building at Dearborn/Madison -- Sidley granite sign out in front).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter