Country Bear ‘Musical’ Jamboree: Treat or Travesty?

I ADORE the Jamboree, but I think I'll have to reserve judgment on the new show until I see it. The bright spot is, if it turns out to be a giant pile of suck, there's always the chance that it could eventually be returned to the original show like the Tiki Room.

I am as big of a purist there is when it comes to WDW.

I am overjoyed that TWDC isn't scrapping the bears and is improving/replacing animatronics. Hopefully, the bears will be around for another 50 years. And, I am open to change with attractions, but I do not like the direction of including songs from different Disney movies into the bears show.

I would far, far prefer new original music throughout the entire show along with the new story. Pay real artists -- authentic bluegrass and country musicians -- to score an entire new show. It really isn't that hard. All TWDC needs to do is send a few executives to Nashville and listen to artists performing at the bars and find some young, talented songwriters to build and pen an entirely new story.

If that makes me a hater, then Amen.

I am overjoyed that TWDC isn't scrapping the bears and is improving/replacing animatronics. Hopefully, the bears will be around for another 50 years. And, I am open to change with attractions, but I do not like the direction of including songs from different Disney movies into the bears show.

I would far, far prefer new original music throughout the entire show along with the new story. Pay real artists -- authentic bluegrass and country musicians -- to score an entire new show. It really isn't that hard. All TWDC needs to do is send a few executives to Nashville and listen to artists performing at the bars and find some young, talented songwriters to build and pen an entirely new story.

Original songs would be great, or even a mix. I don't necessarily mind some Disney songs if they are appropriate. I am kinda hoping that they keep either the intro song or Come Again for the finale - both are pretty iconic. They can do new recordings, but It would be a nice nod to the original.

Actually, I'd really like to see a show with some randomized numbers, such that each show could be a little different. I doubt they will do that, but it would help keep it fresh for repeat visits.

Original songs would be great, or even a mix. I don't necessarily mind some Disney songs if they are appropriate. I am kinda hoping that they keep either the intro song or Come Again for the finale - both are pretty iconic. They can do new recordings, but It would be a nice nod to the original.

Actually, I'd really like to see a show with some randomized numbers, such that each show could be a little different. I doubt they will do that, but it would help keep it fresh for repeat visits.
They said there would be Easter eggs & nods I 100% think bear band serenade will be the intro and if I had to predict Disney songs for each act:
Let It Go (Wendel & Teddi) listen to the rascal flats/Lucy Hale cover
I won’t say I’m in love (Trixie with the sun bonnet trio as the muses to her Meg)
Bear necessities as the finale

No hate here, I think your idea would be awesome!

This could work too. Wish they'd do variations with a few attractions, such as Smugglers' Run, Soarin', and others I'm probably not thinking of right now. Not unlike what they do with Star Tours. Sometimes I'll ride that 3x in a row just to see which sequence I get, lol.

They wouldn't need to vary an attraction's scenes or music to the degree where it changes the experience. Keeps an element of surprise for repeat visitors and new visitors alike (at least those that watch before their trips on YouTube or read up on it, etc.)

No hate here, I think your idea would be awesome!

This could work too. Wish they'd do variations with a few attractions, such as Smugglers' Run, Soarin', and others I'm probably not thinking of right now. Not unlike what they do with Star Tours. Sometimes I'll ride that 3x in a row just to see which sequence I get, lol.

They wouldn't need to vary an attraction's scenes or music to the degree where it changes the experience. Keeps an element of surprise for repeat visitors and new visitors alike (at least those that watch before their trips on YouTube or read up on it, etc.)

Right, like the opening number is always the same, then two or three random songs, then the finale that is always the same. I have wanted them to do with with The Muppets too. Do it like The Muppet Show with three random sketches. It would be fun!

I prefer anything that does not cause Tech Issues
I vote Keep it simple with one show …

Well, with a show like that, I doubt it would. I mean it's already the same mechanics, just a different program. It certianly wouldn't be an issue for projection only shows like Soarin'.

The Country Bears were still wandering around yesterday at the Magic Kingdom .
Good to know !

Last edited:
I think it's hard to satisfy both fans of Disney Parks and of Disney in general. The latter group would like to hear Disney music songs. The former group will be happy the Bears live on. So I think it's a compromise, and I think that's good.

If the new show absorbs more crowds, it's also a win even for those who are unhappy about the changes as it will help other attractions be less crowded.

I think that there are other ways to make the show more popular without drastically changing it. Just look to something like Stanley insulated cups. When was the last time someone carried those before recently? Maybe have a TikTok trend of going to every existing opening day attraction. It seems like WDW hasn't been promoting the classic attractions much. Maybe Dumbo, but rarely a mention of CBJ. So, it's no surprise that it is an afterthought for many visitors.

I think that there are other ways to make the show more popular without drastically changing it. Just look to something like Stanley insulated cups. When was the last time someone carried those before recently? Maybe have a TikTok trend of going to every existing opening day attraction. It seems like WDW hasn't been promoting the classic attractions much. Maybe Dumbo, but rarely a mention of CBJ. So, it's no surprise that it is an afterthought for many visitors.

It may just be me, but I feel like the shows are a hard sell these days, especailly the animatronic shows without live actors. It seems like a lot of people are just about rides. They definitely could promote them more - present them through the lens of the history. I think the issue is that animatronics are around so much now that people don't really think they are that impressive.

Animatronics are often my favorite part. The Shaman of Songs is an amazing feat of engineering. But I think I am in the minority

I've been enamoured with them since I was a kid, even when I was sometimes afraid of them! I always wished I had more of an engineering mind like my dad and could have built things like that for a living. I think they are fascinating. A form of art brought to life and movement.

I think this is part of a bigger plan. Pecos Bills is going to be Tiana's, and the Bears will re-vamp the show to be more Dixieland/New Orleans vibe than country. Hopeful that this won't be another "under new management" fiasco.

Animatronics are often my favorite part. The Shaman of Songs is an amazing feat of engineering. But I think I am in the minority

Well, the newer ones are more technically impressive, but I still think that if they are not part of a ride, people don't much care about them. That's not to say that I don't - I love them!

It may just be me, but I feel like the shows are a hard sell these days, especailly the animatronic shows without live actors. It seems like a lot of people are just about rides. They definitely could promote them more - present them through the lens of the history. I think the issue is that animatronics are around so much now that people don't really think they are that impressive.

Yeah, I guess they aren't as exciting nowadays. But, it's the show itself....it makes me smile. And I think that is the amazing part...having something so outdated and unimpressive be so enjoyable. I never would have thought that I would like CBJ, or Tiki Room or CoP. The show is doing something right. Having them sing songs from Disney movies kind of makes them just singing animatronics. It takes away the soul of the show, IMO, and it's like "why are these bears singing Let it Go?" Sure, you can have a bluegrass soundtrack, or songs with bear related puns...but it still loses a lot of who the bears are as people...err...who they are as bears. There is a lot of life in their stories. I could be proven wrong, but it would be difficult to portray those emotions with different songs.
So, I realize that I'm talking about the life stories and emotions of 50 year old robot bears. I may need to get out more...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter