Cozumel advice

LindyWebb

Mouseketeer
For those who have travelled to Cozumel I am hoping for some advice. I have booked the Disney excursion with the beach package with all the inflatables. My kids are the perfect age and will love it. The 8:30 departure was a bit early but we are fairly early risers so it didn't deter me. Until I realized it was January 1!!! My kids generally don't stay up late, but I am sure they will on New Years Eve. With the DCL party and fireworks, we will ring in the New Year for sure. It seems unlikely we will be in any condition to enjoy an excursion that departs at 8:30 am.
Does anyone know if that beach they show is something you can book without Disney? Is it close by? If not any other suggestions for Cozumel?

New Years Day is on a Sunday. When we were in port in 2015, it was a Sunday so many of the "beach places" were closed to the public. DCL still had excursions that went there though. Something else to note...again in 2015, the beach places that were open to the (paying) public offered "locals get in free on Sunday" so we opted to just walk through town a bit. Which beach location were you going to?

In Cozumel it is very easy to grab a cab to one of the Beach Clubs - there is a sign at the cab stand of the fixed prices to various locations on the island. The last couple of times we have been there, we have enjoyed Paradise Beach Club.

I believe the DCL excursion goes to Playa Mia which you could normally grab a cab to but I don't think they are open on Sundays.

Reactions: MUN
In Cozumel it is very easy to grab a cab to one of the Beach Clubs - there is a sign at the cab stand of the fixed prices to various locations on the island. The last couple of times we have been there, we have enjoyed Paradise Beach Club.

I believe the DCL excursion goes to Playa Mia which you could normally grab a cab to but I don't think they are open on Sundays.
Paradise Beach should be open and it is an easy taxi ride. They have plenty of inflatables for the kids to enjoy.

MUN

Nachi Cocum is THE BEST all inclusive, small, private beach club , but check their web site as I'm not sure about Jan 1. We've been there twice and would return in a heartbeat. Good luck!

I like Nachi or Mr Santos. Both are a breeze to get to on your own. I wouldn't book that through DCL. Go to their website and email them. Ask if they'll be open to the public.

Nachi Cocum is THE BEST all inclusive, small, private beach club , but check their web site as I'm not sure about Jan 1. We've been there twice and would return in a heartbeat. Good luck!

OP mentions kids and inflatable water toys. I don't remember much of that when I was at Nachi in June--mostly adults drinking by the pool bar. Maybe I missed the toys though.

We are on your cruise and having the same issue. We love Mr. Sanchos but it will be closed, as will Nachi. Our teens are not early risers so we want something we can get to on our own so I believe that leaves Paradise Beach.

We have gone to Paradise Beach on our own a few times now and enjoyed it. It's nice being on your own schedule.

Can you pay for things in US dollars? One thing I liked about a DCL excursion is no cash needed.

Just checked out the website. Paradise Beach looks great. Way cheaper than the DCL excursion! Thanks for the tips and advice.

The 8:30 departure was a bit early but we are fairly early risers so it didn't deter me. Until I realized it was January 1!!! My kids generally don't stay up late, but I am sure they will on New Years Eve. With the DCL party and fireworks, we will ring in the New Year for sure. It seems unlikely we will be in any condition to enjoy an excursion that departs at 8:30 am.

Does this mean if you take the DCL excursion you are required to leave at 8:30 for the beach and come back at the scheduled return time? I sort of thought since it was a beach day fairly close to the ship that it was more of come and go as you please but those were the hours the excursion was available. I don't want to go to the beach at 8:30am and we usually only stay at a beach a couple hours.

Thanks

Does this mean if you take the DCL excursion you are required to leave at 8:30 for the beach and come back at the scheduled return time? I sort of thought since it was a beach day fairly close to the ship that it was more of come and go as you please but those were the hours the excursion was available. I don't want to go to the beach at 8:30am and we usually only stay at a beach a couple hours.

Thanks

If you go as part of the excursion you are on their schedule for coming and going. (Sometimes you can get permission to leave on your own, but that has to be arranged so they're not trying to find you.)

If you go as part of the excursion you are on their schedule for coming and going. (Sometimes you can get permission to leave on your own, but that has to be arranged so they're not trying to find you.)
Thank you. Well that settles that, we will be doing Paradise Beach on our own. I appreciate your response.

Just checked out the website. Paradise Beach looks great. Way cheaper than the DCL excursion! Thanks for the tips and advice.

Make sure you actually contact them about Jan.1st. We are on the same cruise, and I had to contact a beach now I'm not remembering if it was Paradise or maybe Mr.Sanchos. Anyway they said they were open on their website on sundays but when I contacted them the clarification is they are open on Sundays Except on Jan 1st they are closed for the holiday. Although Disney has an exception and will still be doing the excursion but they are close down to the public or those not on a ship based excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter