• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crab legs at Cape May thread-crab legs still going strong! :)

TISHLOVESDISNEY

It all started with a duck.
I could have sworn when I made my ADR a month ago, it listed crab legs on the menu. I just checked it today, no crab legs. :confused3
Am I losing it? :upsidedow
Disappointing...

EDIT TO ADD:
I emailed WDW:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

It appears that crab legs are not offered at this time; however, the menu is subject to change without notice. We advise all guests to check the website before arrival to verify their information.

EDITED TITLE: since they are still there. Hopefully the menu gets updated soon!!
i hope they are still there for future ADRs! :)

Oh, that would be a problem for us. My kids LOVE crab legs! That was the whole reason we made that ADR.

I understand the menu at Cape May rotates. Perhaps the crab legs are only offered on certain nights?

Please no!!! Going in a few weeks. Please someone tell me this isn't true. We will likely cancel if it is.

I really hope not. We went last trip and loved it and were planning on eating there again next trip. If the crab legs have been removed we definitely won't be returning.

Crab legs are not part of the rotation - they're on every night (unless something just changed). If they stop having them I'll be canceling our ressie.

I emailed WDW:

It appears that crab legs are not offered at this time; however, the menu is subject to change without notice. We advise all guests to check the website before arrival to verify their information.

Hope they return by December:sad2:

Noooooooo!!!!! That was a BIG reason for our September ADR here!!! That's like taking steak off the menu at Yachtsman!! I just looked at the menu, and it doesn't look like they even added anything in its place!! :mad:

Well first its on the pictures of the restaurant :laughing: but not on the menu which I just checked but now we will not be going for sure. The legs were the one thing we both loved.:hippie:

I emailed WDW:

Hope they return by December:sad2:

:sad2:

Wow. If they don't return by September, we'll be cancelling out ADR.

Well, they are still on the menu at the Capt's Grille. I really hope that they are back on the menu for Aug. 24th for my ADR! DH and I will be extremely disappointed if they are gone!

Has anyone reported that they really don't have them? I would imagine there would be some pretty upset diners. Reading this has made me sick as it is the highlight of the trip for DH and my DS loves it as well.

Chances are that the CM who responded is just looking at the same online resource as you are - a CM portal version, rather than the external web site.

I would request that they specifically contact the restaurant management to confirm. Or I might call the WDW switchboard and ask to be connected to the kitchen at the restaurant yourself. I have had good luck in the past getting restaurant details this way, although admittedly it has been a few years since I've tried it.

1) New Cape May SEAFOOD Menu (no more crab legs, at least foreseeable future): *
. . . Seafood Selections
. . . Steamed Mussels with a side of Tomato Sambuca Broth
. . . Paella
. . . Steamed Clams
. . . Herb-marinated Salmon
. . . Batter-fried Shrimp (offered Sunday & Wednesday)
. . . Fried Clam Strips (offered Monday, Thursday, and Saturday)
. . . Batter-fried Calamari (offered Tuesday & Friday)

2) Captains Grille Menu:
. . . Snow Crab Legs New Potatoes and Corn on the Cob $29.99
. . . New York Strip Creme Fraîche Whipped Potatoes, Roasted Mushrooms, Oven-cured Tomatoes, and Cabernet Reduction $29.99
. . . Cabernet-braised Short Rib Corn Risotto, Pan Jus Reduction, and Corn Cream $24.99
. . . Rosemary-brined Pork Tenderloin Braised Pork Belly, White Bean Purée, Cherry Gastrique, Ham Jus, and Braised Greens $23.99
. . . Market Fish Seasonal Accompaniments (Market Price) Chef's Pasta Creation $19.99
. . . Chef's Vegetarian Inspiration Seasonal Accompaniments $14.99
. . . Pan-seared Chicken Roasted Carrot Purée, Green Onion, Glazed Radish, Artichokes, and Lemon-Thyme Butter $19.99
. . . Lump Crab Cakes Old Bay Gaufrette Chips, Stone-ground Mustard Cream, Lemon Emulsion, Succotash, and Greens $27.99

3) Yes, Cape May no longer has Crab Legs, but Captains Grille does.
4) However, crab legs at Capt Grille are ONE serving, not AYCTE.
5) Too many people "pigged out" on crab legs at Cape May.
6) They were no longer profitable.
7) Some people, I swear, ruin it for others !!!

* Fortunately, for many (including me), the crab legs at Cape May were small and not filled with much
meat. One had to really work to get enough. In our opinion, they were of lesser quality than the Lobster
Feast on Hwy-192. And, that is not not a glowing comment or endorsement.

Was considering booking dinner there for my boyfriend who loves seafood (while I don't eat it at all). Kinda glad I didn't choose it now!

Oh no!! I booked an ADR here for the first time for Sept. because the family loves crab legs... anyone eating there after menu change, please keep us posted if this holds true!! Now to search for another ADR (I was excited about Cape May) I know I am not the norm but I have a hard time with Epcot ADRs :confused3

I wonder if they are planning to replace the crab legs with a different kind of seafood? Cape May is supposed to be a New England style seafood buffet, but without the crab legs, & it seems like they are now dwindling in the New England style seafood selections....

I am sooo bummed. This was the one ADR that DH insisted on too. :sad1: We were looking forward to a crab leg buffet. :)

I am looking for a back up plan. I had thought about Garden Grove, but it gets terrible reviews on Tripadvisor.

Looks like we may be skipping a seafood buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter