Craft beer drinkers unite

Not sure what they'll have out of Barcelona... but was there last year and Spain has a great selection of Craft Beers with flavors very close to American Craft Styles. I also enjoyed BrewDog at various locations in Barcelona. I'm on an AUG.2017 5-day cruise out of Barcelona and really hoping they have something decent other than InBev water....

Thanks! I'll have to look for that while we're in Barcelona :)

I'm usually doubly behind the eight-ball: I loooooove trying new craft brews, but my preferences run toward nut-brown ales rather than the high-hops brews that I've seen lately. Being reduced to drinking Newcastle and Sam Adams is just depressing.

Thanks for all this great information. Will be on the Dream in a few weeks and looking forward to trying Jai Alai.

Q: What is the craft beer selection like on Castaway Cay?

Thanks for all this great information. Will be on the Dream in a few weeks and looking forward to trying Jai Alai.

Q: What is the craft beer selection like on Castaway Cay?
Non-existant. Best I saw was Kona at one of the bars, I had frozen drinks and a Corona.

The selection on the Dream was pretty good though.

Just got off Fantasy. Craft beer selection was nearly non existent. I was told that Jai Lai had been discontinued off the ship. One bar tender mentioned that they had 2 cases left when the cruise started. I did not see any micro on tap. Therefore no beer mug for me. I was highly disappointed in the selection. Kona IPA brewed in New England was the only IPA I found. Disney should be ashamed. I did however leave a 5 pack off Jai Lai in my checked baggage. It made it on the ship. I do not feel bad about it at all.

Depending on how long you're in EYW, get over to The Porch. Best craft beer selection on The Rock. Stephanie, and the rest of the crew, are awesome. They open at 11. It's one of my favorite places of many, though if I only have a short time in town I'll typically be at Schooner Wharf listening to Michael McCloud and drinking Rum Runners.

http://www.theporchkw.com/
http://www.schoonerwharf.com/

I strongly second the Porch. Great selection and the staff really knows their stuff. Another good place in KW is World of Beer. It's so big in can be a turn off to some but the staff was great and they had almost everything you could think of. The Krawl off Duval was a great place for craft too but it closed last I heard.

I don't want the mug to keep but do they serve draft in non-souvenier mugs? I don't want plastic cups (I understand at the pool but I'm talking elsewhere). Thanks!

Chris

I strongly second the Porch. Great selection and the staff really knows their stuff. Another good place in KW is World of Beer. It's so big in can be a turn off to some but the staff was great and they had almost everything you could think of. The Krawl off Duval was a great place for craft too but it closed last I heard.

World of Beer is closed. Has been closed longer than Krawl, which shut its doors in February. I walked by Krawl one evening in February and there were tons of people there. The next day the doors were shut and they were taking down the sign.

The lady I mention, Stephanie, actually left World of Beer to go to The Porch.

Just got off Fantasy. Craft beer selection was nearly non existent. I was told that Jai Lai had been discontinued off the ship. One bar tender mentioned that they had 2 cases left when the cruise started. I did not see any micro on tap. Therefore no beer mug for me. I was highly disappointed in the selection. Kona IPA brewed in New England was the only IPA I found.

Just my luck. I leave in a week on the Fantasy (hurricane permitting). Was really looking forward to Jai Alai on draft. I am sure ABInBev is giving them some incentive laden deal. The evil empire strikes again.

Leaving on the Fantasy in just under two weeks. Are there any IPAs on tap in ship now?

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.

Leaving on the Fantasy in just under two weeks. Are there any IPAs on tap in ship now?

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.

They did have Jai Alai and Devils Triangle IPA a couple months ago, so not sure if they are just down to Devil's Triangle or if that one is gone too.

Does anyone know what kind of IPAs they have on the Magic sailing out of NYC right now? DH is big into craft/micro IPAs and double IPAs -- trying to decide whether its worth it to get the beer mug or if the selection be disappointing.

Just wait to buy the mug on board once you check out the selection. Any bartender at a draft bar can sell it to you.

Great thanks Hubby will be excited!

If they have Devil's Triangle from Florida Beer Company, it's better than Castaway in my opinion. They have it on tap on the Fantasy. I don't know if the Magic will have it or not.

Just got a text from a friend. The Dream currently has Heavy Seas Loose Cannon on tap in FroZone. That's a great reason to get the mug, because it's a phenomenal IPA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter