Cricut Cuts Swap Active - Complete!!

:hug::hug::hug:Erin:hug::hug::hug: Family first always

LaWanna I understand your frustration, but, Erin did push back the due date because several of us asked her to and then she had a lost package that just arrived on Saturday. I know Erin wants to get this swap out of her house and I'm sure she's working as quickly as she can.

Hang in there Erin!!:hug:
Family always comes first~in the end all this swap stuff is just paper!!
Sometimes we all need to remember that. :goodvibes

:hug: Erin, I'm sending lots of prayers and pd your way!!

Please take care of your family and don't rush on my account. I imagine just swapping this one out has been a nightmare with all the individual request. I know it took me forever just to get all my baggies tagged correctly. If you didn't live half the country away, I'd come over with a big bag of chocolates, and we'd get this swap knocked out. :thumbsup2 I'm sure it will be worth all the hard work and waiting when we get all those great pieces for our pages.

While I understand there are some frustrations.. I'm sure all would agree that when there is a death in the family, family needs to be taken care of first and foremost.

Erin said if you read in her post she only a few a spots left to swap out and that would happen after tomorrow. The swap will be returned as soon as she can get it out...FRIDAY!

Thank you for the thoughts. I understand the frustration. I too am very frustrated. There were several things that held this swap up. I do apologize for that. However a death is never convenient. I really don't even know how to respond to that excuse statement. I spent the rest of tonight sorting in fact skipping my daughters softball game to get it done because I felt bad. Everything is ready to be mailed Friday. We will be heading out of town early tomorrow so the p.o. is not open yet. If we get back earlier than 5:00 these will go tomorrow.

Nan- thanks for jumping in on my behalf as a mod.

I'm going to throw my two cents in here, because I too am very frustrated. I know a death is a big deal, but Erin knew about the death in the family and yet chose to upload pictures of her ABC Album and post them instead of swapping out earlier this week.

She also said on April 27th:

I just want to update everyone on where we are with this swap...I am waiting on a few more packages. I have sorted what is here. So, when the others get here, I will sort those and swap out. It may not be until after next weekend. I expect the rest of the packages by early next week or so. But, we have lots of baseball next week and then we go away to Maryland Friday through Sunday next week for DS's national wrestling tournament. Depending on time, I will try to have them returned before Maryland, but it may get pushed off until after May 6th. I will keep everyone informed.

I read that to mean that she had swapped what she had and was going to be putting the rest of the items into those packages when she got them. That was just a few groups, if I remember correctly.

Honestly, I don't think Erin was done with her 26 spots in this swap (not to mention the other swaps she was/is in) and has been making up excuses so she could finish them. I would have understood much better if Erin had just said "You know, I'm overwhelmed, it's going to take me a week or two to catch up" and then focused on getting them done instead of posting pictures of her ABC album. That being said, a hostess cannot keep pushing off the due date until it suits her. To quote a mod on this board, "I do however, totally agree and understand your frustration.. while it is just paper, it is also your time, money, effort and it'd be nice to get it back timely especially when you were on time for the original deadline. Yes, life can get in the way...but we all have a number of friends on here we could ask to help take over for us in a bind and box everything up and ship to to keep things running smoothly."

Erin, I'm sorry for your loss. I've said before that it's just paper and I still think that. But, there has to be an end date.

I hope you all won't hate me for saying this, but it's how I feel.

Just as a reminder Erin did not receive the last package until May 11th. You can't sort what you don't have. And while we all have friends on this board I know that there is no one I can call to help me sort and box because no one that swaps regularly lives any where near me. I don't think anyone lives within a 2 hour drive of Erin either.

ETA--In fact I'm a little jealous of those of you that can get together with you scrappy DIS peeps ;) I wish I lived close enough to join in the fun!

Maybe we all should take this is stride and a lesson learned....not to sign up for so many groups in each swap....I know life always throws a curve ball into each of our lives at some point and not to mention our kids schedules and outings keeps us all hopping. It seems as late not many of our swaps have finished up on time.

Ok I’m not even sure of what I want to say here, but I’ve got to say something……

First of all Erin, I’m so sorry for your loss. Death is never ever any easy thing to deal with.
Trust me. I know firsthand.
Second of all it is just paper, glue, and pretty things to look at. Right?
Third- We all have friends on here. We are all entitled to our opinion. My opinion may be
Different from yours, but I am entitled to mine and you yours. It does not make either one
Of us right, it just is what it is.

Erin I’m also sorry if you disagree with my post but I feel like I’d like to add my feelings. I was
Thrilled to join this swap and in fact bullied Jennifer into joining it with me because I really wanted
To do it and knew she would love it too. And I have not swapped since 2009. I actually walked away
From this board because of something so stupid. (and I hate the word stupid, but I had to use it.) I have made the world’s best friends on here and when my mom was dying you girls could not have been better to me. And for that I will always be thankful. Then 2 girls on here decided that they did not like me for one reason or another ( I think I know the real reason)and one delete me from her facebook account and acts like I don’t exist. That hurt like you would not believe. My son was terrible sick on Christmas day and I noticed it and could not even believe it. But she did. And I got over it. And you BOTH know who you are and I am certain that you are reading this as well. Erin was so kind to me during all that and I would hate for you to be upset with me but I truly feel like this swap is WAY past its due date. I know life happens and throws you a curve ball and not when it’s convenient but could you have found a little bit of time to swap it out since the last box was received? I think that is what is frustrating. I know it was your husband’s birthday the other day, but could you have just spent an hour that night swapping out and boxing? Could you have found time after the kids got on the bus? The first few push backs when you Grandfather passed I truly understand. Then you did Disney… Get that one too! Would love to do a trip just Dave and I! Just wondering if in (your) hindsight could you have found the time to do it? Maybe? Put yourself
In our shoes…. How would you feel?
Like it’s been said a 1000 times…. Just paper and glue….. there should be no hard feelings.

Now I’m sure that I will probably be banned from swapping and a lot of you will be mad with me for speaking my mind and I’m ok with that. It is just my opinion. I feel like I will again walk away from this whole Dis Creative Community and just stick to my other parts of the Dis boards. I hope that we can remain friends. I hope that those of you that know me will know that I mean no disrespect to anyone involved.
Anyone that would like to respond to my post- please do. I welcome the discussion.

Just as a reminder Erin did not receive the last package until May 11th. You can't sort what you don't have. And while we all have friends on this board I know that there is no one I can call to help me sort and box because no one that swaps regularly lives any where near me. I don't think anyone lives within a 2 hour drive of Erin either.

ETA--In fact I'm a little jealous of those of you that can get together with you scrappy DIS peeps ;) I wish I lived close enough to join in the fun!

I think the mod was saying to package it ALL up and send it along to someone else to finish up the swap, but I could be wrong.

As to whether or not the last package was there on the 7th or the 11th...I'm very cynical. I have a very very hard time believing that Holly's package was delivered just fine on the 7th and Sheila's was brought to someone else's house...the same post person would have sorted and delivered the mail. To me, it sounded like an excuse. Regardless of that fact, Erin DID have all the packages on the 15th when she chose to share her ABC album and not swap/get packages ready to mail. Seriously, that's what's bothering me the most. No, swapping out and getting packages ready to mail isn't fun, but you take it on when you hostess a swap, right?

I am extremely fortunate to live close to many of the people I've met on the boards. And, doubly so that one of them is like a sister to me. Holly was horribly hurt by the very childish antics of a couple people on the boards (she de-friended me too, but we were nowhere near as close as she was to Holly, so I got over it easier) and I lived through it with her. This may not be the time or place, but really, we are all adults here and should know how to treat people better than that. No, not everyone is going to "like" everyone else, but we can at least be civil to one another. Kindness never killed anyone. (I guess we'll be together again, Holly - sent to the naughty mat!).

Erin, I appreciate you getting the packages out as soon as you can. I hope you can understand my frustration and will not hold my opinion against me.

Jennifer I wasn't saying anything against you :grouphug: I really wish I lived closer to several of my scrappy DIS peeps. It makes me really sad that you think I was being mean...in fact just the opposite was meant. I get really lonely here in DIS no-man's land. Silly me here I am crying over these boards again today. I give up. I apologize for offending anyone.

Jennifer I wasn't saying anything against you :grouphug: I really wish I lived closer to several of my scrappy DIS peeps. It makes me really sad that you think I was being mean...in fact just the opposite was meant. I get really lonely here in DIS no-man's land. Silly me here I am crying over these boards again today. I give up. I apologize for offending anyone.

NO! I didn't think you were being mean at all! (Tone is impossible to read, I've learned that the hard way). I'm not angry, I don't feel like anyone is ganging up on me, and I hope I didn't come across that way, and I really don't want to offend anyone either.

honestly, i was so hurt by that whole de-friended thing. i was. i cried. i admit it. she was my friend. she was the one dave called when MA passed. she was the one i called every day on my way home from the hospital when MA was dying. i still cry just thinking of those days. (like now.) and for her to de-friend me broke my heart. but it is what it is. I also know that I will never ever forget that you, Jennifer were the one to say let it go Holly. It's not worth it. you were and are a true friend to me.
I feel bad that this whole thing has turned ugly. I hope that Erin will understand our frustation. She also stood by me during those days when I was trying to figure out what I had done to make someone de-friend me.
Oh well.... chalk it up to a live lesson.....
MA would always say.....Not everyone has to like you in life Holly. BUT always treat people the way you want to be treated. And tell the truth. It might hurt someones feelings at the time, but I guarantee you they will appreciate the honesty more than a lie.
I hope I have done that here.

I was so happy when I found this creative community/swap area a while ago while on the disboards. I had participated in 3 major scrapbook forum swaps prior to finding this community. There were always so many flakers on swaps, that you couldn't trust anyone. There were actually hostess that would flake and keep people's money/swap items. There were so many members, you couldn't form a connection and remember who was who? Some people were so mean and unreliable, so signing up for a swap was a risk that I soon found out wasn't worth taking after giving a few a chance. Finding this little community was like a breathe of fresh air compared to other boards. Everyone was so nice, kind, and trustworthy. So really what I am trying to say, is I hope no leaves the community. I like it here and everyone in it :grouphug:

I really love all of you! :grouphug: I love the pieces that I get to create and I love seeing what other people make :) I'm having a really hard teary day :sad: actually it's been a rough few weeks. Mostly I'm concerned about losing/offending my "friends in a box" y'all are my happy place and I just don't do conflict well. I hope we can all move past this frustration, here's a :grouphug:and a :flower3: for each of you :goodvibes

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes....I really hope this doesn't cause anyone to leave our little family...everyone here is so supportive and I too wish I lived closer to everyone, lucky I have Rachal close by!
you all welcomed me back with open arms and hearts after Jim died and am forever grateful for that and the love and support you show to Megan and me :goodvibes

like I posted earlier, we just all have to be aware of upcoming plans and know our limitations of getting our swap time scheduled before committing to a swap!

:grouphug: :love: for us all :grouphug: :love:

Teary eyed here as well. You all welcomed me with open arms and I would be sad to loose any members of this family in my box. I hope we are all able to move past the frustration as I know we all support each other through the happy and sad times.

I agree with Lisa about knowing our limitations before we commit to swaps.

:grouphug: for us all as I think we all need one today.

The best things in life are family and friends.:goodvibes

Cassey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter