Crossroads

1000th happy haunt

<font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u
What's at the Crossroads Shopping Center? It sounds like it's a good place to pick up groceries, but what else is there? Which supermarket is there?

We'll be staying at SSR and will have a car, so transportation isn't a problem. And I found the shopping center on the roadmap in the "Handy Guide To All The Magic".

There is a supermarket there, a small one and several restaurants. You would be much better off driving up the street a couple of miles to the super Wal Mart for groceries. Much cheaper.

Which Super Wal-Mart? The one on East Osceola Parkway in Orlando or W. Vine (192) in Kissimmee?

We went to Winn Dixie, which is just a couple of minutes away from Goodings (Crossroads) and found it much better.

Goodings is evil. Avoid them at all costs ;) Unless you want to be greatly overcharged for your groceries.

Karen

I saw the price comparison on All Ears Net and saw that Goodings was much higher than the other stores.

price vs. convenience - you get what you pay for!

our usual stop at Goodings has become part of our trip "home!"

although we are considering wegoshop.com for our next trip because DS told us he HATES grocery shopping at the start of our trip - news to us as he usually picks up a few goodies at Goodings while we are there!

I like the Publix in the shopping centre behind the Premium Outlets - clean and pretty quiet. There is also a Walgreen's there, and I can do a Starbucks run at the Premium Outlets.

Since the Bath and Bodyworks closed at Crossroads I haven't ventured there anymore, but there are several better options only a few minutes away.

We prefer Winn Dixie to Goodings as the prices are much better Goodings is very expensive for what they have there.

Directions to The Timeshare Store, Inc.

Stop by our office on your way to DVC because we have a Publix grocery in our shopping center. It is a neighborhood store, so the prices are very reasonable compared to the groceries in the Disney area.

From the airport: Take the toll road 528 West, headed toward Disney. Exit at Orangewood Blvd , turn Left at the light, go straight for 1/2 mile and see the "Williamsburg Downs" shopping center on your right at the intersection. Our office is close to BlockBuster. Look for big yellow "TIMESHARES" sign on top of building.

From DVC: Take I-4 as if heading toward airport, take the Sea World exit. Turn right immediately onto Central Florida Parkway. Pass the Sea World entrance and continue for 2 blocks, turn into "Williamsburg Downs" shopping center. Our office is close to BlockBuster. Look for big yellow "TIMESHARES" sign on top of building.

We usually do the Publix near the Premium outlets too. They have a bakery there that makes a mean Italian bread loaf! :lovestruc

dianeschlicht said:
We usually do the Publix near the Premium outlets too. They have a bakery there that makes a mean Italian bread loaf! :lovestruc

And while I have never bought a sandwich at any other grocery store sub counter, they make a mean veggie sandwich too! :goodvibes

Publix+Walgreens+Starbucks = happy shopping to me!

We went to Goodings last year not knowing how overpriced they were and we paid a fortune. we paid $5.00 for a 6pk of water, & the store wasn't very big.
There is a Publix on Rt. 535, (Vineland Rd) you can check them out on there website to get directions under store locator (Kissimmee). There sales also run from Thurs-Thurs. so you can view there sale flyer online. and you do not need a store card to get sale prices.

We live in London!!!

We absolutely love Crossroads and Goodings!!!!

When we heard about SSR and DVC we had to buy as so close. We can walk from SSR to Crossroads and have a great meal at Jungle Jims etc.

This has become a "ritual" but will make sure we check in first next time before getting our supplies.

We found Goodings extremely cheap compared to shops in London so we are in heaven. Love the older women who loads the bags into the car!!! Hope to see her next October when we go.

Only 391 days until we are in SSR.

Five weeks to Disneyland Paris!!! The price of food in Paris is like London!!!

Also so excited about the news of a table service restaurant at SSR

:banana:

Susan

justplaingoofy said:
We went to Goodings last year not knowing how overpriced they were and we paid a fortune. we paid $5.00 for a 6pk of water, & the store wasn't very big.
There is a Publix on Rt. 535, (Vineland Rd) you can check them out on there website to get directions under store locator (Kissimmee). There sales also run from Thurs-Thurs. so you can view there sale flyer online. and you do not need a store card to get sale prices.
Besides the sales flyer, you can also get a shoppers discount card so you don't even have to know what the sale items are. You just present it with your payment and they credit the discounts. DH keeps it in his wallet so we always have it when we get to Florida.

We went to Goodings last October just as Hurriane Jeanne was about to hit, I wanted to report them for price gouging :earseek: , but I guess those are the standard, everyday, extremely over-inflated prices that they always have. I would avoid it at all costs! Taking a taxi to a local Publix (may fav) or Winn-Dixie would probably still come out cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter