Crowd Calendars: Undercover Tourist vs. Josh at EasyWDW

I don't think Josh has ever recommended Epcot for that reason; in fact, on days like Christmas, when a lot of people gravitate towards MK, he doesn't recommend Epcot either, but will recommend AK and DHS. He even explains that a lot of people will recommend Epcot for just the reason you mention, but that since Epcot doesn't have a lot of headliner attractions, it's actually not a good choice. He tends to recommend the parks that don't have EMH or parks that don't have something going on to make people gravitate towards it.

I have a friend that went over Chrsitmas several years ago and they went to AK on Christmas Day and it was not crowded at all. I would avoid the MK and EC on a major holiday like that.

Definitely a Josh fan here. And I agree, his blog is pretty funny. Love his humor. Also if you read his crowd calendar he spells it out - says exactly why he recommends or doesn't recommend each park.

This is what I love most about his calendar. He says why and why not.

I think Josh mirrors TGM's old philosophy of staying away from EMH parks.

I'd say that at a 3, you're not facing crazy crowds and can't make too big of a mistake even if you guess "wrong".

You have a good reason for wanting to do MK on your day. If you'll also actually USE the evening hours, or have hoppers that can give you an escape hatch if needed, it's still a good choice for you. I think Josh primarily warns against an EMH park if you're not using the time. Then, you fight the potentially higher crowds without getting any benefit.
Thanks. While I may be staying on site that day, I doubt I'd use the extra late hours as it's the winter and I'd rather just get everyone to bed early for an early wakeup the next day. Need to get sleep somehow. But we'll see. I'm going to try and get creative with my park hopping this trip.

I liked Josh's advice, but just remember to look at the rationale and think about your touring style. On our last trip, I went with his #1 or #2 pick for a park UNLESS I was going to use am EMH. I also split Epcot Future World and World Showcase into 2 days. I wasn't really afraid of doing World Showcase on a less than ideal day because there is plenty of room in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter