• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT: Since BOG opened....

LadyOfDunBroch

Earning My Ears
Has CRT gotten easier to book? Haven't eaten there in years and I wanted to book for DDs birthday (April 15th)... are we still talking brew a pot of coffee and hunker down, or has BOG taken some pressure off and now it can be booked a little more like a normal ADR? I know that we're going at a slower time, but I want to make sure I don't goof up and lose the ressie. Any insight would be very appreciated... thanks all!! :D

When I made my ADR's at 180+10 there was only 1 CRT available for the last day of our trip. It's been the hardest for me to find for our upcoming vacation in November. Granted it's during free dining, but a low to moderate crowd predicted. I hear free dining has something to do with it so if it's not in effect during your April trip, that might help? At any rate, I'd recommend booking it first when your ADR window opens and plan to get it on the last day of your trip vs. the first day or two.

I don’t know about that. We are going the week after Thanksgiving which is supposed to be one of the highly recommended times to go with low crowds and it took me nearly 2 months before I was able to get my ADR for it. And that was being online a few minutes before ressies opened up at 6 months and yet I still wasn’t able to get through. I guess maybe depending on which you want ie, breakfast, lunch, dinner. We were picky and only doing dinner for meeting the Beast.

Thanks! I'm hoping that low crowds plus no free dining makes it easier, but now I'm thinking I may want to go ahead with that coffee just in case...:scratchin

We lucked out and got it for this trip in November but it's at a really weird time 4:20 pm. We'll just eat a large breakfast and skip lunch. You may want to grab whatever time you can get and work around it. I'd get the coffee ready!

I just looked at availability for 3/21/16 for a party of 4, 5, 6, or 8 and there are still reservations available at both BOG & CRT for lunch and dinner. The only thing that wasn't available with those parameters was a party of 5 for lunch -- both restaurants show no availability. I was kind of surprised at the availability as that's the week that leads up to Easter. I would think you'd be able to find something for April if you're booking 180+10.

I found that booking CRT has been quite hard. Since booking my ADRs at the 180 day mark, I have seen several BOG reservations come up during my stay but not a single CRT has opened up.

I just looked at availability for 3/21/16 for a party of 4, 5, 6, or 8 and there are still reservations available at both BOG & CRT for lunch and dinner. The only thing that wasn't available with those parameters was a party of 5 for lunch -- both restaurants show no availability. I was kind of surprised at the availability as that's the week that leads up to Easter. I would think you'd be able to find something for April if you're booking 180+10.

We're staying at WBC, so off-site :headache: Gonna have to hope for pixie dust!

0090, what month will you be going? Trying to see if that *severely* impacts availability.... TIA!

We're staying at WBC, so off-site :headache: Gonna have to hope for pixie dust!

I'll just point out that the availability in my example is only 180 days out. So I'd say there's hope...since the date I was looking at is a really busy week (crowd level 9's) *and* the 21st is a Monday and MK is the least recommended park that day -- so it's a busy day there but still, there's availability at 180 days out.

0090, what month will you be going? Trying to see if that *severely* impacts availability.... TIA!

I'm going from Nov 12-16 (free dining). During the last few weeks, I've seen so many BOG reservations appear. Even pre-rope drop times have shown up.

We're going March 9-21 and I was up at 5am making ADR's at 180 days out- I had no problems getting anything I wanted including CRT and BOG. I was torn between 2 days for CRT- day 2 and day 9 of my trip- there were lots of available times for both days. We ended up booking a late breakfast on day 2 (after DD's BBB appointment).

Been trying to make reservations at either CRT or BOG...for 2nd-3rd wk in October for the last 5 months. no luck :(

No CRT available when I booked at 180+ and I was booking for 2 separate weeks. I finally got one this week (and I've been trying since June).
I actually had. BOG dinner for one of the weeks several weeks ago.

We're going March 9-21 and I was up at 5am making ADR's at 180 days out- I had no problems getting anything I wanted including CRT and BOG. I was torn between 2 days for CRT- day 2 and day 9 of my trip- there were lots of available times for both days. We ended up booking a late breakfast on day 2 (after DD's BBB appointment).

Awesome! That's right around when we're going so hopefully I have the same luck ::yes:: Thank you guys so much for the feedback! I think a long as I'm on top of it I should be good, I'm feeling alot better about my chances now lol!

:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter