Cruise 10/11/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellen & Dave,

we would be delighted to dine with you again. Just give us a short info after the transfer to DU and we will also write to Donna for the arrangement.

Rosemary,

we haven't made the decision for the starting point of our trip yet. It depends on several factors:
-The time we will have
-The airline we're going to use
-Wether our friends from Germany will join us.

We will start somewhere between Boston and Philadelphia and then travel southward to finally wind up at the Space Coast. We'll keep you posted, but we will decide it not before January 03.

Kevin,

I can just say that we feel exactly like Rosemary!!

And now to everyone: Our car will arrive next week. I just delivered my passport, the insurance-certificate, my vanity plates and an authorization-form to my dealer (Don't forget, we live in Germany!! And over here we only use three-layered toilet-tissue, because we need two copies of every sh** ;) )
And then it's time to say "Goodbye ragtop" and "Welcome retractable hardtop" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Have a great weekend

We are going on the Sept. 28 Cruise with twin sister Mary (Rellingtwin) and although my DH doesn't know it yet...we hope to be joining you in 2003. I have heard so much about everyone on the 9/28/01 trip that I feel like I know everyone. Silly right?
Anyway, God willing and the creek don't rise, we will be joining your Cruisetoberfest II.
P.S. Don't tell Mary, it's a surprise.:p

Hallo Eric and Anja. Well I guess that it isn't long now until you are riding in that new car:)

Enjoy your holiday on the Baltic coast and take care my friends. Looking forward to seeing you in 2003 aboard the magic after dry dock. Mike

Yeah Papa,

we will get the car tomorrow at 0330pm (0930 am EST). Today we cleaned the old one, removed all the personal items, packed the snow tyres in the trunk. Anja has her day off tomorrow and I will pick her up at the bank, get the money and then we drive to the dealership to exchange the cars.
I was at the dealership on saturday, inspected the car shortly, retrieved the owner's manual and gave some final instructions.
Right now we have optimal cruising weather for convertibles: Upper 80ies, lower 90ies, blue skies.
From the dealership we will ride to my Gramps to present the car and then to my Auntie and my Uncle. I think she wants make him buy her the same one, too. And she's going to use us to convince him ;)

BTW, the letters have been mailed as planned.

Viking!
We are on the Eastern right after you! We were on the 6/8 Magic, western and it was so much fun, we booked Eastern on board!

Thanks for the bump Mike. Now I have it marked for further updates.

Just a little bump to the thread.

Richard's sister is thinking of joining us on this cruise. She hopes to come by on Friday and meet RellingTwin. Mary, looking forward to your visit.

Hoping to be there. A lot depends on how much my family enjoy our 9/28/02 cruise. Me, I'm ready to send the deposit!:p

Hi Folks,

we're back from the Baltic Sea. The weather can unfortunately only be described in words which don't comply with the posting rules :mad: We only had one day at the beach - The rest of the time it poured and we had temps in the 60ies :(
The trip to the coast was great as we were able to drive the whole distance with the top down, but from then on we only had grey skies, low temps and "liquid sunshine". We made the best of it and did a lot of sightseeing, reading, and relaxing. It was worse for our friends, because they had their 2.5 year old daughter with them and you surely know how "amusing" it can get being confined to your appartment the whole day with a kid of that age.

Thanks for the bumping ;) , but it also looks as if our thread becomes more lively although its still more than a year to go.

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. Over here we're more than grateful that nothing serious happened in the States during your most important day (Except for that incident in LAX).

All the best from Frankfurt

Hallo Eric sorry that it rained on your parade so to speak. Looking forward to cruising with you all again in 2003. When we go on the western route in Septmeber we will try to answer any questions about the ports that you have. Have a wonderful day and we will catch you later. Mike

Stopped at AAA office today and inquired if I book cruise now, will I still be able to get their discount and Shipboard credit that AAA offers when they have their "Cruise Night" special booking promotions in October. I was told no....

So, waiting for Rich to come home and waiting for quote from Dreams Unlimited to come in and may just book now through DU since they are offering some sort of credit thing and I fear prices may go up by the time October rolls around.

What do you guys think. Do you think the price will go up by Octoer?

I know Dave has used DU. You guys were happy with them, right?

Also, the ones who have already booked (Dave and Eric, I believe), would you do me the favor and just get a recent quote from the Disney Site and let me know if the price has gone up since you booked? You don't have to tell me any figures, just let me know if the price has gone up and how long ago you booked. Thanks.

Good to hear from you. Glad you are looking to book on the 10/11/03 Cruise.

Yes, we have booked through DU and have been very please with them. Sometimes I do book directly with DCL first and then transfer the reservation to DU to get the rebate. Once I even got the on-board credit with the transfer, but not this last time.

I checked the price on the web for the 10/11/03 and it has not gone up since we booked.

Since you can cancel and get your deposit back, you may want to book directly with DCL and then if something better comes from AAA you can cancel and rebook with them. I will tell you though it does take a cycle or two for the credit to show up on your CC after you cancel. We had booked one resevation with kids and then changed to just Ellen and I. The refund of the deposit for kids took a while to get back on CC. It came, just not as quick as one would expect with an electronic transaction. At the time this was a direct DCL reservation, so DU was not involved.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Rich says I should just book with Triple A but I want to see what DU says. We should be entitled to $75 rebate from them.

You guys must be getting excited about your Anniversary trip coming up soon. That's the one the SIL/BIL are going on too, right? Do I remember correctly that you were going to get a Disney suite for this September cruise?

Yes, I am just totally GREEN with envy!!

Hi Rosemary and Dave,

our rate also stayed at the same price. But we hope to get a Fall Fantasy Rate again like last time. We booked Cruisetoberfest in January 2000 and in Jaunary 2001 we received a mail from DU for another reduction of $440!!
Additionally we found a nice Welcome-Package in our stateroom upon arrival and DU can arrange that we are seated together. They did so last time and we were seated with Dave & Ellen and Art & Cathy and really enjoyed it.
I just say: Give DU a try and perhaps you should mention, that they were recommended to you by us Cruisetoberfest-Veterans. It may be possible that we can get another rebate for all of us, if our group becomes big enough.

All the best from wet and cold Germany (At least we Know now taht our convertible is 100% waterproof :rolleyes: )

Yes Tuli, we are getting excited about the Anniversary Cruise in September. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I saw my Sister at her son's High School graduation party a few weeks ago and we were talking about the cruise. She and her DH are also very excited.

We won't be in one of the Disney Suites, but we are in a two bedroom suite.

Wish it was another Cruisetoberfest, but we will just have to wait until next year for that.

Dave

OK everyone, we have been lurking on this thread for a while now and was getting depressed about the Cruisetoberfest Reunion.

But do to the stock market and other conditions our travel partners to Paris now has placed our trip on hold for a couple years! (What's up with that- for Tulis benefit)

So it appears that you guys are stuck once again with Scott and I on the cruise, I am sorry for this however you can't rid us now of our plans!

Now a question, should I wait to book while onboard (are they still offering discounts) or should I book now?

Happy Cruising!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter