• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise 10/11/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!!! Difference of opinion, my foot! I was right and you tried to make me think I was wrong! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Oh, BTW - WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!

(Regarding onboard booking, know nothing about that but if you book with Dreams by end of month, you get a rebate. :D)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I know Tulirose you were correct all along! Now we must get this thread rolling so that we can have a new record for number of posts! Remember it is all about content!

Dan

Since you are going for a new record in posts, I will add to the tally. I am not one of your "group," but I am cruising on the 10/11/03 western. So you can add another body to the DISer count.

Shari

taswira,

Welcome aboard! We are just people that have cruised before and really got to know eachother.

Just by coming on the same cruise you are part of our "group", we will have to begin a new motto,

Leave NO DIS Cruiser behind! My friend Tulirose taught me how to do this!

So welcome aboard taswira

Dan

Thanks, Dan! So how many DISers are on this cruise so far? Any tally yet?

Hi Shari,

great to meet you. So far we're only three parties (Including you) who have already booked, but we've got about another 5 or 6 families/couples who intend to book, too.
And as it is still more than a year to go, we assume that we can break last years record easily. We had about 110 DISers on our list and eventually met with about 80 people on board.
I will start the official list for Cruisetoberfest II exactly 1 year ahead of the cruise, on October 11th 2002.
Last time we collected infos about the names, age, profession, hometown, special occasions to be celebrated during the cruise, and some more items. We had a regular newsletter/list, exchanged pictures and lots of information, had Tee-Shirts, Sweat-Shirts, Hats, etc printed. Organized treats, flags, soap-bubbles and many more things for the Sail-Away-Party, and made plans to take over the ship.
Even the tragic events of 9-11, which took place 11 days before our cruise couldn't spoil our vacation - Contrarily it bonded the group together more firmly and we really spent a wonderful week and found many, many new friends.

We're looking forward to meeting you in about 14 months and two weeks. If you want to contact me, just mail to Viking

Viele Grüße aus Frankfurt (Greetings from Frankfurt)

Welcome, welcome taswira! You are part of our "group" if you are cruising 10/11/03!!!

Actually, I think only three people so far have definitely booked: Viking, Cheeseplease and prplcrzy.

But we have verbal committments from myself (Tulirose), Dan&Scott, papa, Relling Twin, Twinave (hopeful), Windemere and @GoofyNut (and, of course, their respective parties).

Many of us cruised together last year on 9/22/01 - we called our cruise *Cruisetoberfest* due to it coinciding with the start of Octoberfest in Germany and finding out many of us from the boards and cruising had German heritage (not to mention one genuine German couple). We met through these boards and communicated 8 to 10 months prior to cruising and got to *know* each other. We shared our stories of happiness and illnesses and excitement over cruising and then all our concern with the 9/11 tragic attacks. Unfortunately, some did not travel with us because of post 9/11 concerns and we missed them. But when the rest of us finally got to meet - it was almost like family!

We hope you and prplcrzy become like family too, if you wish - we are not pushy and won't force anyone. Twinave is a sister of one of the cruisetoberfesters and even though Windemere was with us last year, I never did get to meet her. So welcome one and all!.

<marquee>Hey Dan!! Can you do this???</marquee>

Eric - You beat my post by four minutes! Dang it! Gotta run. Will check back later!

Originally posted by Tulirose
Welcome, welcome taswira! You are part of our "group" if you are cruising 10/11/03!!! >>>>We hope you and prplcrzy become like family too, if you wish - we are not pushy and won't force anyone.>>
Thanks, guys! I look forward to getting to know all of you! At the moment I am booked solo, Cat. 7, Deck 7 again, but I am <I>trying</I> to talk my husband into going. He's a little bit German, as his parents were from Austria ;-). If I just can't talk him into "doing Disney," then my adult nephew <I>might</I> join me. I'm taking him on his first cruise this Halloween, on the Wonder. If all goes well he may decide to do the 10/11/03. It sounds like that one is going to be LOADS of FUN!!

Hi Everyone, Our first trip is 9 weeks away, and I'm already planning one for 10/03. But will have to see what DH reaction is to our Sept. trip. I know Rellingtwin is planning on going. But she is out of touch at the moment because of a nasty computer virus. She is Not happy!:( Maybe we could give her a big welcome when she gets back online?;)

Originally posted by Twinave
Maybe we could give her a big welcome when she gets back online?;)
DEFINITELY! RellingTwin had PM'd me about this thread when she saw in my sig that I'd be on the 10/11/03. That's how I first heard of it. I sure hope her computer virus is exiled soon!

Hi Folks,

it's so great that we will have a reunion on the ship and that our group also "gets some fresh blood" ;)

Dan'n'Scott, we're sorry to hear, that you won't go to EuroDisney :( , but with the relatively low Dollar right now it may be a smart move to postpone it.

Rosemary & Rich,
we're excited that you are going to book next week!! Will you use DU?

Taswira,
we're not only co-cruisers, we're neighbors as our stateroom is a Cat 7 on Deck 7, too: 7624. We tried to get 7622 like last year, but it was already gone. Yes, Austria can be counted as "a little bit German", but please don't let any Austrians hear that (i.e. Arnie Schwarzenegger) ;) In my youth I spent every summer in the Austrian Alpes with my parents and my Sis hiking in the mountains - Since them I'm a beach-and-sea-guy :cool:

prplcrzy ,
if you still follow that thread, please get back in touch with us, I mailed you a couple of months ago, but perhaps you didn't get my mail.

Today we received our ressies for the seats on our flight to the Canry Islands in September. It's only six weeks for us and then we will stay for two weeks - And a week later it's time for your Sail-Away-Party. We will drop a message in a bottle into the Atlantic Ocean on our first day, so you better watch out for it, we hope it will do the trip to you in 3 weeks :jester:

Hi all -

I have followed this thread for a little while and today decided to say HI. I'm planning on booking the 10/11/02 Western cruise with myself, DH and DD (who will be 2). We were hoping to celebrate DD's 2nd b-day on the ship (10/5) but found out that the ship will be dry-docked. So, we're going to go the following week.

We haven't booked yet, but we plan on it. We're booking through DVC points, so we have to wait for the 11-month window. I'd love to meet all of the fellow DISers that will be on the ship.

A little bit of info on us: DH is 35 and I'm 33, and DD is almost 10 months. We're FL residents, so we are definitely Disney-fanatics. We were even just there last weekend.

Well, take care and I hope to get to know all of you before (and during) the cruise.

Amy

oh...and DH and I both come from some German-heritage, and heck, that means obviously, that DD does too.

Originally posted by Viking
Taswira, we're not only co-cruisers, we're neighbors as our stateroom is a Cat 7 on Deck 7, too: 7624. >>Yes, Austria can be counted as "a little bit German", but please don't let any Austrians hear that (i.e. Arnie Schwarzenegger) ;)
Yes, we ARE neighbors! I'm in 7628. And you're so right about Arnold. Sounds like you might know him personally, as I do (being in Sun Valley, Idaho half the time). The irony about my DH: I speak a bit of German (although it's been a LONG time); He doesn't.

Taswira,
you must be kidding: You know Arnie!!!???? I own nearly all his DVDs and many of his workout-books - I'm really a big fan of him since the early 80ies!!!! He sometimes is personally on the largest German TV-Show (Wetten dass?/Wanna bet?) to promote his movies and to have little chat and I always enjoy this.

Hi alikat99,

welcome to our evergrowing group of Cruisers. As posted before I will issue the first version of our cruiselist exactly one year before our cruise. The info you have provided so far will be incorporated. Where ar your roots in Germany? If you need any info about some special place in my country, feel free to ask me and I will do my very best to get it for you.

If anyone else wants to provide me with info for the upcoming list, please mail to VIKING .
The info of the "veterans" is still stored on a CD and will be incorporated in the new list.

Here some info about us for the newbies: We're Anja and Eric from Frankfurt/Germany. We're 32 and 38. Anja will celebrate her 34th BD on next year's cruise and I will reach the big Four-Oh one day before we depart. Additionally we see the cruise as a sligtly delayed celebration of our 10th anniversary (Originally on August 13th) ;) so there's more than one reason for us to bring some schnaps. Unfortunately we didn't dare to have any bottles in our luggage on our way to the last cruise: We departed from Frankfurt exactly 4 days after the tragic events of 9-11 and didn't want to have any unnecessary with us to facilitate the checking of our baggage. But Cruisetoberfest II will be started with some "Bottled Germany"!!!

alikat99,

I just saw that you're from St. Pete. That's great: We spent two weeks after our cruise on the wonderful St. Pete Beach. In 99 we we did two weeks on Treasure Island, and in 95 and 97 two weeks each in Clearwater Beach. In the evenings we used to roam the area -especially the nice Malls (i.e. Tyrone Square and Countryside). You certainly live in a nice place!!!!

Viking -

Isn't St. Pete Beach great!?!?!? I just love this area. I'm originally from Chicago, but I went to college here in FL and fell in love. I've been here in St. Pete since 1997. DH and I were even married at sunset in St. Pete Beach at the Don CeSar Hotel. It was magical!!!

I'm really not sure where our German roots come from, but maybe my mom knows.

Originally posted by Viking
Taswira,
you must be kidding: You know Arnie!!!???? I own nearly all his DVDs and many of his workout-books - I'm really a big fan of him since the early 80ies!!!!
Yep! I know him. We're <B>not</B> <I>close</I> personal friends or anything, but we are acquaintances. Sometimes his son Patrick skis with me. We are all in the Sun Valley Ski Club and mingle at SVSC events and at the mountain. Nothing TOO chummy. But his "personal assistant," Adi Erber (from Arnold's home town in Austria) is a very good friend of mine. Did you know that Arnold bought a "residence" on the new <I>World of ResidenSea</I> ship? I apologize for bogging down the DIS with this non-DIS topic. Maybe we can talk more on the cruise.

Taswira,

We definitely have to talk about this on the cruise. Don't be afraid to swerve off-topic here. Many of us book through DU, so we're kind of indirect sponsors of the site :p Also many of us are so satisfied with DU, taht we recommend them at ervery opportunity, which gives us even more rights to post extensively - LOL.
I guess, that we will also start regular cruise-chats as soon as the the Cruisears (09/28/02) have returned from their cruise. And you better fasten your seatbelts then, we had so much fun last year when chatting :bounce:

alikat99,

our motel, the Palm Crest Motel, is siutuated just about half a mile north from the Don Cesar. I just recommended it on the other thread, where you posted too.
The offer stands: Ask your Mom and I will be happy to provide any info I can get for you. For the last cruise I produced a CD with pics from all over Germany, I think I will do an updated second edition for Cruisetoberfest II and bring some copies.

Folks,

I just set up a Magic Meeting for the Sail-Away-Party on the DIS-Community Pages. To join the meeting just go to the WDW-home-page, scroll to th bottom/lefthandside, click on the Magic Meetings and put in your DIS-name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter