Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so curious to see what the new prices are for next year - hotels, tickets?

You would think the increases would be minimal due to Covid, the economy, lack of travel etc., but it's Disney so I'm thinking they will be bigger than normal. 😐 😂
I think they'll start off really high and then when they see people aren't booking they'll release discounts.

Yes, true But until the lodge section opens, even DVC owners have been told the pool and things at Jambo will not open right away.

So, we will know for sure on July 10th...but it sounds like those at Jambo will have to go to Kidani.
Yes, they didn't specify that they were referring specifically to the closure period.

I think they'll start off really high and then when they see people aren't booking they'll release discounts.

I'm more curious about ticket price increase. I've got my hotel booked, but need tickets. :)

I'm not sure of the financial situation of people for hotels - are they willing to book at higher prices now and wait for possible discounts? Will they just be turned off by the high prices?

Who knows. :confused3

Yeah, I think they will push the pricing as much as they can, get what they can from people willing to pay it and then have some discounts to fill in whatever capacity they are comfortable with. And then before long the 50the celebration will be starting and new rides opening and assuming this thing is under control by fall of 2021 people will come and pay more to come

As previously mentioned all riff raff and ribble rabble is welcomed with open arms into the peasantry.

Pop pheasant will be on a Disney sold T-shirt within 3 months

OH WE ARE! THE PARTY AT PETALS POOL BAR IS BACK ON BABY!

I saw someone on another board accidentally us Pop Century pheasants the other day and it made me realize that we need a mascot.

I nominate the peasant pheasant. You can all just love this post in support. ;)

It sounds that way from the wording on the tickets in MDE. From my 9 day park hopper:
View attachment 502692

Thanks for this! I had not seen that before.

All I could find was this phrase underneath our ticket listing on MDE: "Theme Park Admission: Any 9 of the Valid Dates". It was pretty clear to me that they could be used in any way up until expiration in Sept 2021, but as Disney-speak has lead me down many a wrong path I did the online chat to confirm. He told me they had to be used within 14 days of activation - basically the old rule. I pushed back, asking if he was sure about that and he basically told me to call ticketing and bailed. 🙄 I called ticketing and the very sweet CM assured me that we could use them any time in any manner we wanted up until expiration - no time limit from activation other than the final expiration date. That made me feel better, but seeing it in writing is even better.

It's weird though that I don't see that verbiage on MDE. I'm on my laptop. Were you using the app? Or maybe I'm just so sick of all this that I'm not seeing straight. Yeah, I'm betting it's the latter!

Thanks again, for posting it.

Do you know if they're trying to keep people at the same resort level they're booked? I mean, I'm booked at Wilderness Lodge and while I'll ultimately be happy just to have a room, is there a chance they'd move me to Pop?
While anything *could* happen, my understanding is that current idea is to try to move those with cash-side reservations at the Deluxes to their resort’s adjacent Villa-side but I believe they can only really do that within 60 days unless they haven’t already used up the original cash-earmarked villas. Moderates and values are going to have to be very flexible. Some could end up at SSR for example. It’s still up in the air and details are still being worked out as we speak I believe. I do think, however, that this will be a rolling process.
Thanks for info. Since we are booked at POFQ and it is not on the list, when and how will we be notified of a change in our resort?
Depends on when you’re going. If you’re book for much later this year, they may just have you sit tight. Even with these resorts, things are fluid.

I go to Tickets and Passes, that's what I see when I look at mine and my family's park hoppers (all originally dated during the closure).
Thanks! Curious are you on the website or app? i Do not have any further info besides “any 6 of the valid dates”

While anything *could* happen, my understanding is that current idea is to try to move those with cash-side reservations at the Deluxes to their resort’s adjacent Villa-side but I believe they can only really do that within 60 days unless they haven’t already used up the original cash-earmarked villas. Moderates and values are going to have to be very flexible. Some could end up at SSR for example. It’s still up in the air and details are still being worked out as we speak I believe. I do think, however, that this will be a rolling process.

Depends on when you’re going. If you’re book for much later this year, they may just have you sit tight. Even with these resorts, things are fluid.
Thanks for the info. We arrive 7/27, so I'm very curious to see what the plan is for me!

Bingo! Today we should begin the consolidation of guests. Again, if you don’t want to be charged, flexibility is going to be super super important, even if you’re disappointed with your new resort. Also, plans for POR, POFQ, AKL, WL and the All-Stars are still up in the air and will be determined when they see what demand looks like for beyond September.

So sorry to ask this but I have two day tickets attached to my resort check in for July 15 and I really need those changed to 7 day tickets before tomorrow’s park reservation openings. (Long story on why only two day tickers) if I hear of my resort change today is there any chance they would let those be changed to the 7 day verses two since I do already have tickets attached and they are just for the wrong amount of days for my resort stay?

Thanks for this! I had not seen that before.

All I could find was this phrase underneath our ticket listing on MDE: "Theme Park Admission: Any 9 of the Valid Dates". It was pretty clear to me that they could be used in any way up until expiration in Sept 2021, but as Disney-speak has lead me down many a wrong path I did the online chat to confirm. He told me they had to be used within 14 days of activation - basically the old rule. I pushed back, asking if he was sure about that and he basically told me to call ticketing and bailed. 🙄 I called ticketing and the very sweet CM assured me that we could use them any time in any manner we wanted up until expiration - no time limit from activation other than the final expiration date. That made me feel better, but seeing it in writing is even better.

It's weird though that I don't see that verbiage on MDE. I'm on my laptop. Were you using the app? Or maybe I'm just so sick of all this that I'm not seeing straight. Yeah, I'm betting it's the latter!

Thanks again, for posting it.

The screenshot is from the app.

So sorry to ask this but I have two day tickets attached to my resort check in for July 15 and I really need those changed to 7 day tickets before tomorrow’s park reservation openings. (Long story on why only two day tickers) if I hear of my resort change today is there any chance they would let those be changed to the 7 day verses two since I do already have tickets attached and they are just for the wrong amount of days for my resort stay?

I don't think anyone can make any changes by tomorrow?

on 6/22 - people with resort stays and tickets can reserve parks supposedly through 9/21
on 6/24 - 2021 room only reservation people can upgrade to package if they want
on 6/28 - you can book 2021 trips or buy tickets for 2021

for anything in 2020 it will open up "later this summer"

Anyone know if they are taking calls? My MDE looks messed up...says it can't display any friends and family and doesn't have the right people listed for my reservation (just ghost placeholders). I've been on hold with the tech support line for over an hour. I emailed about it a couple days ago and no response, so I thought I'd call.

I have an inactivated Platinum Plus voucher too. Praying they reopen 2020 ticket sales by the time of our trip so I can save it for another year.

I haven’t seen anything but is there any info or rumors on the water parks opening?

Also, I have the platinum plus AP which I was going to activate in August. Still not sure what I’m going to do. Any suggestions on activating it? I’m torn to just go to my dvc resort and make a resort vacation instead of “wasting “ it with not being able to park hop or use water parks. Or would everyone expect some extension of months on it?

Is there any other verbiage that goes along with this HUB announcement? It’s still very vague to me. It says available “for guest booking”. It doesn’t say opening, guest bookings, guest stays, etc. As usual, ambiguous and oddly worded.
I agree with you. If that is actually the date they are reopening, they need to hire a different Communications person, because whoever is writing their blurbs is awful.

I assume these aren’t part of a package? I actually spoke to Ticketing yesterday about an unrelated ticket issue, and they specifically said that ticket upgrades are not being processed at this time (part of the ticket sales pause), so you should make reservations with what you have then check availability when ticket sales resume and if what you want is still available you can upgrade. That’s the official answer. If you talk to another CM in DRC while working on your reservation, they might be able to help but for the time being the official answer is no.

So just to verify ahead of tomorrow,
*If you have a package with Park tickets before September 26th, you can make your Park reservations tomorrow morning on MDE
*If you are staying at a resort that is not scheduled to be open prior to September 26th, Disney will change you and you will have to accept the change that they place you at.
*If you are linked with another reservation both parties have to go in and request Park tickets for the same day the link will not do it for you? Correct?

Last edited:
I'm more curious about ticket price increase. I've got my hotel booked, but need tickets. :)

I'm not sure of the financial situation of people for hotels - are they willing to book at higher prices now and wait for possible discounts? Will they just be turned off by the high prices?

Who knows. :confused3
I would hope they wouldn't increase ticket prices because of so much stuff not operating (all the shows and meet n greets), but it's Disney so who the heck knows anymore!

Anyone know if they are taking calls? My MDE looks messed up...says it can't display any friends and family and doesn't have the right people listed for my reservation (just ghost placeholders). I've been on hold with the tech support line for over an hour. I emailed about it a couple days ago and no response, so I thought I'd call.
They are taking calls, I called about an hour ago (20 min on hold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter