Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidani is DVC and is already opening June 22. This is for Jambo to open July 10. Since they aren't booking new reservations until "next month", I wonder if they will start moving people with July 10 reservations from closed resorts to Jambo.

I was asking about staying at Jambo in July, but not having any restaurants open. I was told by MS that there would be a van going between Jambo and Kidani, even if there isn't a park bus. Not sure they can know that, though. We will know more tomorrow.
Keep us updated

[QUOTE="IceSkatingPrincess, post: 62031347, member: 489047"
I saw someone on another board accidentally us Pop Century pheasants the other day and it made me realize that we need a mascot.

I nominate the peasant pheasant. You can all just love this post in support. ;)
[/QUOTE]
I’ve got a Pop Pheasant design going in my Cricut Design Space 😂

Writing is a direly undervalued skill in the workplace tbh. I've worked in the private and public sector and the one thing they have in common is awful communication. My family clowned me constantly for being an English major but my entire team runs communications through me before sending them out. Everybody understands us. Meanwhile the other support teams send things out and we need 50 back and forth emails trying to clarify whatever vague thing they said.

Parents, teach your younglings to write!
Yea, but I don’t know what’s worse, the way it was written or how many here simply took it to mean those were the resort opening dates just because a moderator posted it. They may be completely correct, but it certainly doesn’t say what many are speculating it says. This is what happens when poor communication becomes the standard instead of the exception.

Oh well right now you can't, no, bc the pool at Jambo isn't opening when Kidani opens. But once everything opens it would be impossible to stop people at the same resort since it's technically walkable.
Good to know I was under the impression all pool hopping stopped to prevent too many people one area.

It is not clear whether you will have to leverage your tickets in a valid manner when you reserve. I would imagine that you will not be able to do what you say but it’s possible Disney didn’t program their system right.

I'm curious why you think this would not be allowed to be done? It's essentially guaranteeing a bounceback trip, which means easy revenue.

Writing is a direly undervalued skill in the workplace tbh. I've worked in the private and public sector and the one thing they have in common is awful communication. My family clowned me constantly for being an English major but my entire team runs communications through me before sending them out. Everybody understands us. Meanwhile the other support teams send things out and we need 50 back and forth emails trying to clarify whatever vague thing they said.

I also have a BA in English and Disney's comms are shameful. I'm available if you need someone, Disney!

I was surprised to already have my labor day weekend reservation moved to Poly from BC. We are booked with that TA. Guess Poly will be open after all atleast end of august. I would like the non DVC sections would be next to open.
Probably already covered in the subsequent 15 pages I haven't caught up on, but I think Polynesian is probably the easiest to "unofficially" open the resort side, particularly in increments. They could move you and this block of reservations to a single longhouse, and they just open that one longhouse - probably just open one of the longhouses on the other side of the Oasis pool from DVC, even as small as Niue, and they already have housekeeping, etc., right there.

Yea, but I don’t know what’s worse, the way it was written or how many here simply took it to mean those were the resort opening dates just because a moderator posted it. They may be completely correct, but it certainly doesn’t say what many are speculating it says. This is what happens when poor communication becomes the standard instead of the exception.

Yeah...I said it once before but this really has become the world's most expensive game of Telephone. Phone CMs are freestyling as usual because they don't seem to know anything more than we do, and we're stuck shaking magic 8 balls from bus drivers and speculating on what one or two vague words mean. Next thing you know we'll be looking at the Pop pheasants' entrails!

This!! I am the resident proofreading queen.

I may have misunderstood the posters question.

From what I can tell, the poster was saying he currently has tickets A that can be used between now and September 2021. But, when ticket purchases open back up, he is wondering if he can buy new tickets, Tickets B, re-prioritize the tickets, use Tickets B for this trip, and save his Tickets A for next year, for example.

And if he does that, would he lose/keep his park reservations?

From the reports we are hearing, many CMs have said that all that matters is that there is ticket on the account, it doesn't sound like it is attached to any one specific ticket. I could be wrong.

Yes! Fellow English major here!!

[QUOTE="IceSkatingPrincess, post: 62031347, member: 489047"
I saw someone on another board accidentally us Pop Century pheasants the other day and it made me realize that we need a mascot.

I nominate the peasant pheasant. You can all just love this post in support. ;)
I’ve got a Pop Pheasant design going in my Cricut Design Space 😂
[/QUOTE]
Sign me up! I’ll be at Pop July 20 (hopefully!) and I would love a t shirt!!!

Anyone know if they are taking calls? My MDE looks messed up...says it can't display any friends and family and doesn't have the right people listed for my reservation (just ghost placeholders). I've been on hold with the tech support line for over an hour. I emailed about it a couple days ago and no response, so I thought I'd call.
We went through the same thing yesterday. We were on hold for two and a half hours. They were able to fix everything and we are back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter