Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that’s out of over 78,000 test results. Positive percentage is actually less than the day before.
But it is still way up over where it was just two weeks ago. (12.82% today versus 4.39% on 6/13) With more testing you expect the positive rate to go down. Here in MA we are down to about a 2% positive rate and we have been there consistently since June 10. And we still had 50 deaths yesterday because those lag. It takes a long time to come down from these kinds of high positive test rates especially when most of the state is open. It is really, really hard to stop the spread when the numbers get big and people are not modifying their behavior.

Do I have anything better to do than scroll back on Twitter? I guess not at the moment. It really didn’t take too long though lol. Anyways, 2 days before Disney announced they were shutting down Disneyland they were tweeting on the Disney Parks account a video about how Food & Wine was in full swing there. No way the powers that be did not know they were going to be pulling the plug in 2 days time. Same day also saw a tweet about the St Patrick’s Day festival at Raglan Road and promoting an event at Typhoon Lagoon.

There are differences between now and March for sure, but my guess is we don’t see any real signs of pulling back the opening given to the general public until it happens. (If it happens, of course)

I would guess that as the weeks get closer they would start releasing some of the reserved resort capacity to the general public. Best to check back often I'd think.
I hope not, I have a room at POP starting on the 14th and want to upgrade my AP to gold. I'm okay with just EP, MK and AK since I went down a week before they closed and rode ROTR and the Mickey railroad ride.. :)

Do I have anything better to do than scroll back on Twitter? I guess not at the moment. It really didn’t take too long though lol. Anyways, 2 days before Disney announced they were shutting down Disneyland they were tweeting on the Disney Parks account a video about how Food & Wine was in full swing there. No way the powers that be did not know they were going to be pulling the plug in 2 days time. Same day also saw a tweet about the St Patrick’s Day festival at Raglan Road and promoting an event at Typhoon Lagoon.

There are differences between now and March for sure, but my guess is we don’t see any real signs of pulling back the opening given to the general public until it happens. (If it happens, of course)

They could pull the plug on July 10th if they want to. There’s nothing legally that states they have to give anyone a heads up.

The biggest difference between closing down in March and closing down now is that the only preparedness Disney, or anyone had prior to March shut downs were throwing hand washing and sanitizing stations everywhere. There are far more safety measures in place now than there were in March. If they were to shut it all down now, they’d basically be giving the impression that their protocols they’d be reopening with were a placebo affect.

If there are a bunch of cases linked to any of the theme parks down there, I think thats when you might start seeing more rumblings that they may delay the opening

I hope not, I have a room at POP starting on the 14th and want to upgrade my AP to gold. I'm okay with just EP, MK and AK since I went down a week before they closed and rode ROTR and the Mickey railroad ride.. :)
I don't think they'd release the availability to all until maybe 48 hours or so ahead of time but I really think they will. Hopefully they'll let people with hotel reservations but no tickets buy their tickets first though.

What is a lab dump?
A lot of the testing is done by private labs. They don’t always report numbers immediately after getting the test back. NC reports positives by date of specimen collection and date reported to the state so you can pick out those days. Specimen collection date makes much more sense when organizing data to track infections but almost no state is looking at it that way.

Sorry if I missed it, because I skimmed trying to avoid DVC chatter. I was following Dev on Instagram and he said Volcano Bay felt pretty packed today. He said people are not following social distancing guideline markers.

His Instagram is Prince_Charming_Devv.

Last edited:
A lot of the testing is done by private labs. They don’t always report numbers immediately after getting the test back. NC reports positives by date of specimen collection and date reported to the state so you can pick out those days. Specimen collection date makes much more sense when organizing data to track infections but almost no state is looking at it that way.

Ok gotcha. I noticed yesterday they tested 71,000 and today’s release was 78,000. I was thinking that is A LOT of tests being done on a daily basis.

What is a lab dump?
basically a back log of tests that weren't run and they all get run and "dumped" in one day. So it could be several days worth of tests at once. However it didn't sound like that was the case per governor yesterday.

It is what it is. It will start coming down in a few days.

Ok gotcha. I noticed yesterday they tested 71,000 and today’s release was 78,000. I was thinking that is A LOT of tests being done on a daily basis.

It doubles there testing numbers overnight and would make them have almost 20% of US testing. It’s obviously lab dumps but that doesn’t diminish anything. It just means there should have been higher totals over the last week or so.

But it is still way up over where it was just two weeks ago. (12.82% today versus 4.39% on 6/13) With more testing you expect the positive rate to go down. Here in MA we are down to about a 2% positive rate and we have been there consistently since June 10. And we still had 50 deaths yesterday because those lag. It takes a long time to come down from these kinds of high positive test rates especially when most of the state is open. It is really, really hard to stop the spread when the numbers get big and people are not modifying their behavior.
We’re getting significant increases too, but our positivity rate is around 3% and remains steady.

Sorry if I missed it, because I skimmed trying to avoid DVC chatter. I was following Dev on Instagram and he said Volcano Bay felt pretty packed today. He said people are not following social distancing guideline markers.

His Instagram is PrinceCharmingDev.

I feel like they’ve hit capacity every weekend. But someone last weekend said they were there during the time they were at capacity and said it still wasnt very crowded. Wonder if they upped the capacity levels already.

The big problem with water parks is that the CDC said chlorine will kill the virus so there are inevitably going to be people that think they’re more invincible because all they have to do is jump in the pool at the end of the day and they’re cleansed. And that is very, very, very false

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter