Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond that, I will say that as a Floridian, I pray the numbers flatten out and everyone stay safe.
I 100% agree!
Did we know Fantasia was opening today or was it a surprise?
It was a surprise to me, given that Disney has previously posted on their (seemingly now deleted) Travel Updates page that FG along with ESPN WWOS would remain unavailable. Great communication.

...I seriously just had a MAJOR Body Wars flashback. "Living with the Virus"-- BW 2.0
Hey Disney-- Play Pavillion-- it's not too late to change your mind!😁

A temporary overlay to Living with the Land

"Until we can all follow guidelines for protecting ourselves - and our fellow global citizen - we can never be, truly, Living with the Virus!"

It was a surprise to me, given that Disney has previously posted on their (seemingly now deleted) Travel Updates page that FG along with ESPN WWOS would remain unavailable. Great communication.
That's what I thought. I hadn't seen any info about it beyond it staying closed.

Are the phones open on the weekend? I didn’t get a busy signal and have been on hold for about an hour, but I’ve yet to have the music interrupted to quote me a wait time or tell me other useless garbage like they usually do every 30 seconds.

Are the phones open on the weekend? I didn’t get a busy signal and have been on hold for about an hour, but I’ve yet to have the music interrupted to quote me a wait time or tell me other useless garbage like they usually do every 30 seconds.
They should be. Some lines like the Passholder number for monthly payments is only week days.

I keep thinking about this too especially with the median age of positive tests going down. It made me wonder if a lot of these positives are coming from theme park and restaurant and hospitality workers who returned to work in the last month. Think about how cramped the kitchen areas are in a lot of QS places. Seems like a lot of the workspaces for service industry workers are ideal for spreading something like this. And a lot of these younger workers often live with roommates in smallish apartments which is also a prime spot for spreading.
Well we have none of that here & it’s been traced to ppl in the younger demographic going to bars & parties in large groups.

Right. So if people don't want to go to a theme park they can stay home. No one is making them go.

For those that choose to go they can go and do it as safely as possible knowing the risks.
But say we work together in a shared office and I take only the risks I am comfortable with - going to work, not socializing outside of my family, only going to the grocery store - and you go on vacation to a theme park in a hot spot because you are not afraid of the risk. You catch it and bring it back to our shared office space and pass it on to me before you have any symptoms. Now I have done everything I can do to limit my own risk but I am still suffering from the risk you were willing to take. Hopefully these kinds of transmissions are limited if everyone takes the proper precautions but they are still very possible so making the argument that everyone should just take the risks they are comfortable with and be okay is sort of disingenuous.

In the case of a highly contagious virus we are all at the mercy of each other to some degree unless we literally hide in our houses forever. If EVERYONE limits their risks by just a little bit, it helps all of us to be able to function in some degree of normal life. But if some people are willing to repeatedly take much larger risks and are not willing to modify their behavior at all it means that everyone else has to severely limit themselves from being able to do almost anything.

I watched an interview with an infectious disease doctor who said that the more the virus spreads, the more it will mutate, and the faster it will weaken. I think that's part of the reason we are seeing more cases but fewer deaths.
I read an article which said the fact that the virus isn't mutating improves the chances of an effective vaccine.

I keep thinking about this too especially with the median age of positive tests going down. It made me wonder if a lot of these positives are coming from theme park and restaurant and hospitality workers who returned to work in the last month. Think about how cramped the kitchen areas are in a lot of QS places. Seems like a lot of the workspaces for service industry workers are ideal for spreading something like this. And a lot of these younger workers often live with roommates in smallish apartments which is also a prime spot for spreading.

I was told when I was at Sanaa the other day one of the reasons a lot of things are being taken off food menus is because they have to socially distance in the kitchen as well.

Less people working in the kitchen areas.

Remember when everyone said Disney was stupid for not opening with Universal? Giving Universal all the chance at the almighty dollar for a whole month!

They don't look stupid now.
I think the opposite actually. If they were already opened they wouldn’t have to close unless there was another declaration of emergency in the state. Now they are faced with the dilemma of opening when numbers looks worse. And, at this point, when would it be safe to open? I think this makes them have to hold off indefinitely, if they can’t open as planned.

I was told when I was at Sanaa the other day one of the reasons a lot of things are being taken off food menus is because they have to socially distance in the kitchen as well.

That makes a lot of sense and is good to hear. I had figured the limited menus were more of a cost cutting measure but it makes sense that they want to have less people in the space so they can only produce a certain number of different items.

Yeah, this times 100. Disney still has the chance to look like the heroic corporate citizen that put the well-being of it’s employees and guests ahead of profits. At the end of the day, I don’t think that the Disney leadership wants their legacy in 20 years from now to be “contributed to the deaths of thousands.”
Gimme a break. 🙄

I think the opposite actually. If they were already opened they wouldn’t have to close unless there was another declaration of emergency in the state. Now they are faced with the dilemma of opening when numbers looks worse. And, at this point, when would it be safe to open? I think this makes them have to hold off indefinitely, if they can’t open as planned.

As someone who errs on the side of caution, I have this same thought. At some point they have to simply decide whether to open or not. I think opening with all possible safety measures, as they appear to be doing, is the way to go.

Was the bread service still available? I am also thinking of a drive over next week for the candy bar dessert!

Great question. He (she?) was on here pretty regularly for a while providing good info. Then he got bombarded with questions one night and hasn’t been heard from since. Would be great to hear his thoughts right now.
Most likely was told to stop posting their thoughts since they were pretty easy to trace back to the source. Gave way too much personal information that would allow Disney to find out who they were and shut them down. Most likely weren’t allowed to be divulging what they were divulging.

Whereas Andyman is just as helpful, if not even more so, and doesn’t implicate themselves by trying to divulge more secret info.

I think they should not have given a date yet, but everyone was screaming for one, so here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter