Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Orlando news station (WESH) is reporting that a large number of Reedy Creek firefighters have tested positive for the virus.

Would it be possible to get a link? I know they had an outbreak way back (March) but don't see anything about one now on WESH's site.

Here is something I think some people might find helpful. Basically break downs some age groups. It doesn't tell you how many had under lying conditions though.

Might be good to see if going to Disney and worried about chances of bad things happening.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-covid-deaths-us-age-race-14863
That infection fatality rate is pretty telling. I'll take those odds. And I think we just need to come to grip with those odds as a country since a cure isn't going to magically show up. No, we don't want to infect people over 65, but at the same time -- life has to go on.

Does that mean grandma should be running to WDW? No, but that doesn't mean it needs to be closed either.

First, I lurk here basically constantly and the info from this thread has helped us stay on top of everything we would have to do to get ready for our (possible at this point) trips July 11-16 and August 15-20. So thanks to all of you.

The reason I'm posting is, I want to know: Who here thinks that Disney has used this time to fix the Yeti in EE? Are we going to be treated to a moving Yeti upon reopening? I think I'm the only one who is scared of motionless yeti and I might have a heart attack if he reached down to swipe at me!

First, I lurk here basically constantly and the info from this thread has helped us stay on top of everything we would have to do to get ready for our (possible at this point) trips July 11-16 and August 15-20. So thanks to all of you.

The reason I'm posting is, I want to know: Who here thinks that Disney has used this time to fix the Yeti in EE? Are we going to be treated to a moving Yeti upon reopening? I think I'm the only one who is scared of motionless yeti and I might have a heart attack if he reached down to swipe at me!

Funny this came up yesterday!
https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/joe-...n-yeti-animatronic-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

The blue surgical ones. Ive tried with the fabric ones, no way i can last more than 3 hours with those

I agree. When I go to Six Flags (which is different then disney) I use both. I use the surgical mask when walking around but when I get on a roller coaster I use my cloth neck gaiter since it feels more secure for the ride. After the ride it goes back around my neck and I put back on the surgical mask. I just felt on a few rides like the surgical mask was going to come off (even though it never did) and I'd rather enjoy the ride without having to worry about it.

You’d have to social distance on the ferry boats, also. Since monorails aren’t running to Epcot there will probably be more monorails running and take less time.

Do we know that monorails aren't running to Epcot? I ask bc I believe there was a video out today of a monorail running on the Epcot loop.

Also, if you look at BLT, VGF, and Poly...it takes a lot of buses off the road, and allocates them to other resorts, for those resorts to be able to monorail to Epcot.

It’s Orlando firefighters. They had a few group gatherings and it spread. It’s been in the news.

More specifically the county-level-entity-that-WDW-encompasses's firefighters. I've seen past headlines, perhaps I erroneously interpreted @altmgm 's post as a new Reedy Creek outbreak. But I don't see anything suggesting they're reporting a new cluster. This would be important news for me for several reasons.

Do we know that monorails aren't running to Epcot? I ask bc I believe there was a video out today of a monorail running on the Epcot loop.

Also, if you look at BLT, VGF, and Poly...it takes a lot of buses off the road, and allocates them to other resorts, for those resorts to be able to monorail to Epcot.
I heard from a cast member they weren’t running to Epcot. Of course, things seem to be changing very quickly. I think the cast and AP previews will help to sort out some issues.

More specifically the county-level-entity-that-WDW-encompasses's firefighters. I've seen past headlines, perhaps I erroneously interpreted @altmgm 's post as a new Reedy Creek outbreak. But I don't see anything suggesting they're reporting a new cluster. This would be important news for me for several reasons.
I listen to the daily news for Orange County and have heard no recent reports about Reedy Creek. Hope this relieves your mind a bit.

I can share that our local Orlando TV news outlets (not WESH) have not reported anything new relating to Reedy Creek and cases.

I have not heard too much about other economies, and know this is a Wdw board, but how are places like vegas and Hawaii getting by? Rhetorical question I know...

I can’t speak to Vegas, but our company has an office in Hawaii which has been closed since late March. They still have the quarantine in place for people coming from outside the islands, but should be allowing travel between islands an day now, if they haven’t already. It has been tough, but there was a fairly good sized group of people who have been saying there were too many tourists coming to Hawaii and they are hoping it never goes back to the level it was. The people I have worked with while working from home have been discouraged and quite a few have been furloughed. On the whole, it’s been a lot like Florida from an economic standpoint, as very few visitors can afford to go to the islands for three weeks or more, when you figure your first two weeks are going to be in your hotel room or jail, depending on how well you follow the quarantine rules. Last I heard, our office in Hawaii isn’t opening until August, and they want to get back to work.

I heard there might be an update for EE; the Yeti will be wearing a mask. :)

That infection fatality rate is pretty telling. I'll take those odds. And I think we just need to come to grip with those odds as a country since a cure isn't going to magically show up. No, we don't want to infect people over 65, but at the same time -- life has to go on.

Does that mean grandma should be running to WDW? No, but that doesn't mean it needs to be closed either.

In this case I'll make a deal - let all the younger ones stay home and let all the older folks go to WDW. The younger folks will all be around later and be able to go to WDW many times in the future, whereas the older folks would rather not spend the few years they may have left sitting at home. And WDW gets to be open - it's win-win.

Last edited:
Ok so I wanted to come back and update what I posted earlier about Pop. I made another call to the TA and asked are they sure this is legit? I asked if there was another option such as confirm, rather than only cancel or relocate, and they said that Disney contacted them today and asked them to start calling guests booked there. So I decided to try and confirm this with Disney via chat. The chat CM insisted that Pop is scheduled to open, and that some emails were sent out as a mistake and that may be what happened.:badpc::crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter