Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is staying at BW, and has a park reservation at MK - the only way to get there would be bus (besides cab), correct? There is no way they could cut though Epcot and take monorail.

(I already know the answer to this, just need everyone to confirm my thinking, lol)

In this case I'll make a deal - let all the younger ones stay home and let all the older folks go to WDW. The younger folks will all be around later and be able to go to WDW many times in the future, whereas the older folks would rather not spend the few years they may have left sitting at home.
This^ I’m so tired of hearing how millions of people- over 65 and anyone who has underlying conditions - should sit home and do nothing so the fittest among us, who are lucky to be healthy and apparently don’t know anyone who has issues, can go out and play without being inconvenienced in any way. It’s beyond selfish.

Is that quicker/easier than the monorail? I don't know about that option....

It depends on a few things. The DVC longhouses are all on the side of the resort closest to the TTC so even in normal non virus times that was arguably a faster option some mornings for rope drop for DVC guests. Especially those in Pago Pago (the longhouse literally right next to TTC), because the GCH is actually a longer walk for them. Considering those are the only rooms open right now, it's a thought.

I never bothered walking to the TTC for anything but the Epcot monorail because I stayed on the hotel side right next to the GCH. The resort launch was never a good option for rope drop and even with the hordes of people getting on it after 'Ohana breakfast I found the monorail faster. Post-fireworks I definitely preferred it. The problem with the resort monorail was that the line was always clogged up with day guests trying to beat the massive Express monorail crowds back to the TTC.

Now? It depends on monorail capacity with distancing. The selfish part of me hopes they'll take the ban on resort hopping as an opportunity to finally limit the resort line to actual monorail resort guests (or people with ADRs), especially now that we won't have the resort launch as an alternative. People parking at the TTC for their MK day will actually have more options to get back now anyway.

For the few that have been there since opening, can you recommend a "comfortable" mask, if that's even possible, for the Florida heat.
Steady clothing makes a very comfortable mask and they come in different sizes. I’m in New Orleans and they’ve held up well and are very comfortable. Just google steady clothing, reasonably priced,well made and quick shipping. I’m not affiliated with them in any way, it’s just out of all the masks I’ve bought these were the ones I’ve been most satisfied with.

Last edited:
If someone is staying at BW, and has a park reservation at MK - the only way to get there would be bus (besides cab), correct? There is no way they could cut though Epcot and take monorail.

(I already know the answer to this, just need everyone to confirm my thinking, lol)

Correct. That's insanely long and tiring walk anyway though tbh. If you don't want to bus it just take a rideshare.

correct because of no park hopping.

Bring back room service. It would fill the need for lack of ADR breakfast choices.
Knock on my door, leave it in the hallway, don’t enter my room and I would place the cart back in the hallway when we are finished. I don’t understand why they cut it. There’s going to be big crowds trying to get breakfast from the QS before park open.
Hopefully more open once the resorts open because most menus shrunk.

First, I lurk here basically constantly and the info from this thread has helped us stay on top of everything we would have to do to get ready for our (possible at this point) trips July 11-16 and August 15-20. So thanks to all of you.

The reason I'm posting is, I want to know: Who here thinks that Disney has used this time to fix the Yeti in EE? Are we going to be treated to a moving Yeti upon reopening? I think I'm the only one who is scared of motionless yeti and I might have a heart attack if he reached down to swipe at me!
Joe Rhode did a AMA and that was one of the questions asked. He said it wasnt going to happen, but its one of the things that he wants to happen soon.

Bring back room service. It would fill the need for lack of ADR breakfast choices.
Knock on my door, leave it in the hallway, don’t enter my room and I would place the cart back in the hallway when we are finished. I don’t understand why they cut it. There’s going to be big crowds trying to get breakfast from the QS before park open.
Hopefully more open once the resorts open because most menus shrunk.

I agree, but I would have to imagine that it's a staffing issue. Private dining operates out of the resort TS kitchens, some of the restaurants aren't open at all and in the ones that are, they are practicing distancing in the kitchens from what I hear. So I think for now they're prioritizing keeping TS running if they can't feasibly do both.

This^ I’m so tired of hearing how millions of people- over 65 and anyone who has underlying conditions - should sit home and do nothing so the fittest among us, who are lucky to be healthy and apparently don’t know anyone who has issues, can go out and play without being inconvenienced in any way. It’s beyond selfish.

My parents tell me and my hubby to keep at it so we can sustain the future.

Who here thinks that Disney has used this time to fix the Yeti in EE? Are we going to be treated to a moving Yeti upon reopening? I think I'm the only one who is scared of motionless yeti and I might have a heart attack if he reached down to swipe at me!

IMO, that Yeti is never getting fixed. 🤣

In all seriousness though, in a time when Disney is trying to prioritize resources I imagine the Yeti is pretty close to the bottom of the necessary expenditure list.

What frustrates me further is when people will quote Darwin to justify this mindset

I heard from a cast member they weren’t running to Epcot. Of course, things seem to be changing very quickly. I think the cast and AP previews will help to sort out some issues.
we will definitely know by opening day on the 11th. For CM and AP previews no transportation is being offered whatsoever, you must drive into your specific park of preview and walk to the entrance, no tram service will be available. It is unclear if tram service will be unavailable once the parks reopen for all

The masks have gotten political. I'm not going any further on it than that, but that's the reality. Strict universal enforcement will be tough as even some police departments say they simply won't enforce it. So it may be left up to businesses.

There is also complacency. And I've mentioned this many times before. The virus is dangerous but isn't overly lethal to most people. When the risks are not perceived to be high for one self, it's difficult to keep the entire population in a heightened state of awareness. This is especially true among the youth. That's why they are willing to go out to bars and clubs. All the Disney reservations are taken up immediately. etc.. They aren't afraid.
Exactly. The city I live in has over 110 homicides already this year. Police aren't going to enforce mask wearing, nor do they have time. Most cities will be the same.

I heard from a cast member they weren’t running to Epcot. Of course, things seem to be changing very quickly. I think the cast and AP previews will help to sort out some issues.
I didn't realize there was talk of the monorail not running to EPCOT... that would be a big bummer for my Poly trip! It's so hard to keep all the rumors straight at this point 😅

I wonder what the reasoning behind that is. That monorail is a big deal for the monorail resorts and seems like a good way to take some pressure off the bus system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter