Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many lower roster MLS players are not uber wealthy spoiled athletes, FYI. Many non designated players make a pretty modest salary. Some are pretty far from lifestyles of the rich & famous.
I'm sure they make more than the average person,and they aren't even paying for in anyways. The teams are footing the bill. I personally could care less if they are eating hotdogs and lunch meat sandwiches every day. It does look like poor quality and I'm sure we will se many more posts like this from NBA players.

This article has been shared several times here. TMZ has also shot down this a bit. Disney also doesn’t own and operate the Swan and Dolphin where these players are staying.
They probably eat worse then this while on the road and they aren't paying for it.

I'm sure they make more than the average person,and they aren't even paying for in anyways. The teams are footing the bill. I personally could care less if they are eating hotdogs and lunch meat sandwiches every day. It does look like poor quality and I'm sure we will se many more posts like this from NBA players.

I just googled and an article said a third of the league (MLS) earns less than $100,000 and the median salary is $179k. Fair to complain about (or mock, it seems) food quality on what is a work trip even if your company is footing the bill.

That’s got to be your average WDW guest salary level for a good chunk of the league, maybe even less. Guess we’ve got to stop complaining around here lol.

over 10K new cases reported Thursday - just released -

I can’t seem to find daily numbers specifically for Orange County. I read earlier in this thread that Orange County numbers were declining in the last three days. Was hoping that trend would continue today.

This article has been shared several times here. TMZ has also shot down this a bit. Disney also doesn’t own and operate the Swan and Dolphin where these players are staying.
WDW doesn't own and operate it, but it is named "Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin" on WDW's website, so their name is linked and people will associate the 2 entities because of it

DLP's reservation system opened 2 hours ago. This morning i thought of taking a picture of my AP and ask my friend for hers, because I would probably have more time than her, while at work.

Then the system opens, and I realize I took a picture of my old AP!!! And I have been working home for months, and this particularly day I went to the office!
And no option to get home early! Fingers crossed I get the dates I want!

Disneyland Paris will also have 2 preview days on 13 & 14 July.
Ok, home and was able to get all the dates I wanted :) System for Disneyland Paris is pretty easy to navigate for AP holders.

Apparently there is less of a rush for Paris than Shanghai and WDW, both the AP preview days and the first opening day still have availability.

Here's the MLSPA salary list from last September when the most recent report came out. Some get paid a lot, some not nearly as much as you think:

MLSPA Salary Report

I can’t seem to find daily numbers specifically for Orange County. I read earlier in this thread that Orange County numbers were declining in the last three days. Was hoping that trend would continue today.

584 new cases for a total of 11,458 in Orange County. The numbers are up and down, depending on the number of tests. The rate has been up and down too, but definitely up in June over the previous 3 months. 0.01% of the population of Orange County has now tested positive.

Agreed. But I do think it's interesting what they say in their statement:

"They made the decision to postpone recalling you to work," Equity writes. "If Disney really thinks their plan is safe, why have they postponed recalling you?" "Please join us on social media and help the public understand that a park without testing is putting performers and patrons alike at risk."

I just think if this message starts to gain traction, it will look bad that WDW is still deciding to open amidst the rising numbers.
It’s much harder to social distance in a performance like a stage show. That is why those things won’t open with the park. A non performing character from a distance is fine.

Here's the MLSPA salary list from last September when the most recent report came out. Some get paid a lot, some not nearly as much as you think:

MLSPA Salary Report
Looks like decent money to play a game as a job. Lots of people risk their lives everyday for work and make much less. I have zero sympathy for them. It's the life they chose,nobody forced them be athletes.

WDW doesn't own and operate it, but it is named "Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin" on WDW's website, so their name is linked and people will associate the 2 entities because of it

I mean there are more people than you’d think that don’t even realize Universal Studios (you know, the place with UNIVERSAL in the name) isn’t a Disney park lol. I’ll give a pass to the Swan and Dolphin confusion.

For those considering WDW soon, I'd consider your own home area. If your area is in a beautiful, non-outbreak spot, I wouldn't go and be the cause of an outbreak where you are from.

I made this decision when I stayed home and didn't go to Myrtle this week. I wanted my area to stay wonderfully non-outbreaking and open...just b/c I'd rather a whole summer of fun vs a few days (I got to play arcades fully decked with masks and gloves and laser tag fully masked yesterday to celebrate a "staycation" day, instead...and it was really fun, even if different)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter