Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those considering WDW soon, I'd consider your own home area. If your area is in a beautiful, non-outbreak spot, I wouldn't go and be the cause of an outbreak where you are from.

I made this decision when I stayed home and didn't go to Myrtle this week. I wanted my area to stay wonderfully non-outbreaking and open...just b/c I'd rather a whole summer of fun vs a few days (I got to play arcades fully decked with masks and gloves and laser tag fully masked yesterday to celebrate a "staycation" day, instead...and it was really fun, even if different)...

Plus with all the worries about the economy, your local economy and especially smaller restaurants, resorts, stores, and attractions, need you arguably much more than Disney does.

Just keep swimming....

Todays report was discouraging but keep in mind that all the corrective measures that have been put in place like manadatory mask use, bar closeures et all have not had time to go into effect yet. What you are seeing today is the effect of 1-2 weeks ago due to incubation and testing lag. I'm waiting to see what next Thursday looks like but at that time we'll be there. We fly in Sat.

It’s the only Hershey chocolate I’ll ever eat. We always bring a giant cooler when we go and fill it up with candy. Since Disney thrill rides are the only ones I can take, it means that’s pretty much the only reason I go. (Besides holding the glasses, phones, and bags for various teens)

They really need a make your own chocolate bar thing somewhere in Disney Springs. Maybe Ghiradelli?

that is a fantastic idea!!! Also i have to say - that ride through Chocolate World where they take you through the candy making process - probably one of my favorite things to do ever.

I know. Hopefully there would be the ability to move to a package before the general public is able to access new tickets. I was actually told by a phone CM a few weeks ago that there would be no more new ticket sales for 2020. And then was transferred to another one who said “later this Summer”.
If only they can all get their stories straight we would actually know what’s going on! I heard rumors of possibly mid-July so fingers crossed!

I can’t seem to find daily numbers specifically for Orange County. I read earlier in this thread that Orange County numbers were declining in the last three days. Was hoping that trend would continue today.
From the state report on Orange County Florida

Orange County is 555 new today, outside of a few days last week in the 900-1000 range been fluctuating b/t 300-556 for the past two weeks. Positivity in the range of 13.5-17.7% also rolling average probably close to flat. This is all on the Florida DOH site by county. So while the state of Florida had a record high today, Orange county was about 50% less than their record high in the last two weeks.

It will be nice when it gets lower though :)

For those considering WDW soon, I'd consider your own home area. If your area is in a beautiful, non-outbreak spot, I wouldn't go and be the cause of an outbreak where you are from.

I made this decision when I stayed home and didn't go to Myrtle this week. I wanted my area to stay wonderfully non-outbreaking and open...just b/c I'd rather a whole summer of fun vs a few days (I got to play arcades fully decked with masks and gloves and laser tag fully masked yesterday to celebrate a "staycation" day, instead...and it was really fun, even if different)...

This is actually why I am still considering going. My area is a hot spot where very few people are taking this seriously. Few people are wearing masks and restaurants weren’t following capacity limitations. I actually feel safer going to WDW than trying to do anything here.

This article has been shared several times here. TMZ has also shot down this a bit. Disney also doesn’t own and operate the Swan and Dolphin where these players are staying.

Hard to keep up around here lately. But to be devil's advocate, lots of layman/non Dis people don't know the difference as far as hotel operator. They just see "Disney bubble/property". But I get that they have no control there.

[eta] LOL, case in point, I managed to miss 3 more pages in between your reply....

that is a fantastic idea!!! Also i have to say - that ride through Chocolate World where they take you through the candy making process - probably one of my favorite things to do ever.
We haven’t been to Hershey in a few years but when I would take my son that was sometimes all he wanted to do - Ride the Chocolate World ride over and over. Think it was for the free candy at the end but hey kept us out of the heat.

This is actually why I am still considering going. My area is a hot spot where very few people are taking this seriously. Few people are wearing masks and restaurants weren’t following capacity limitations. I actually feel safer going to WDW than trying to do anything here.
Same here, our city has still not made masks mandatory. DH has been working throughout this whole ordeal in a major city. We are probably safer going to Disney.

I saw that Cirque de Soleil tix are on sale for shows starting in November - but I thought I read somewhere that they are filing for bankruptcy?? Am I confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter