Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
CMs working rides, entertainment, food, retail are already busy enough. They need a separate team of people to walk around and manage the safety mandates. It’s completely necessary to get this right and that only happens if it’s managed. Ugh.
They do have a team. The incredi-crew. I would imagine they didn’t expect to have to patrol bathrooms.

CMs working rides, entertainment, food, retail are already busy enough. They need a separate team of people to walk around and manage the safety mandates. It’s completely necessary to get this right and that only happens if it’s managed. Ugh.

I don't have an issue with this. Maybe its another way to bring back some CM's and give them their jobs back.

At MK today. Have only run in to two instances where families had masks pulled below their noses. One family: mom, grandma, 8yo, 4yo, 2yo. No masks on the younger two. The other three had theirs pulled down. No stroller and the youngest was touching EVERYTHING in the line for Pooh. At one point, touched the plastic honey and then slurped his fingers. Mom was paying no attention. Earlier today we were near Splash by two older gentlemen. I don’t know what the one did, but assuming it was mask related. The other one said “You have to follow the rules. You don’t want to be one of those people whose picture ends up on the internet.” Lol. Oh, and paper masks are the way to go—much cooler and breathable.
I know we’re trying to be nonjudgmental with who is choosing to go right now, but whenever I hear about grandparents or people with asthma or diabetes going right now I just shake my head. We are 27 days out, still plenty of time to cancel, and the only reason we are going is because we are younger, healthy, and can quarantine. Not saying that’s perfect but it’s a leg up. If my 60 year old mom wanted to tag along with us the answer would be NO.

:(

I'm not quite sure how anyone can defend allowing the sale of day tickets at the gate while at the same time denying block out free AP's access to reservations. How can that possibly be ok with anyone? I don't care how badly Disney needs money. People paid thousands of dollars for tickets that they can't use to get into the park unless they want to pay for a day ticket.
Have any APs tried to get in and been denied?

I know we’re trying to be nonjudgmental with who is choosing to go right now, but whenever I hear about grandparents or people with asthma or diabetes going right now I just shake my head. We are 27 days out, still plenty of time to cancel, and the only reason we are going is because we are younger, healthy, and can quarantine. Not saying that’s perfect but it’s a leg up. If my 60 year old mom wanted to tag along with us the answer would be NO.

:(
My 70+ year old mom will be going in August. We’re going to be super careful, but we don’t subscribe to the belief that everyone 60+ need to go hide while everyone younger and/or healthier lives their lives.

They do have a team. The incredi-crew. I would imagine they didn’t expect to have to patrol bathrooms.
Hire bathroom attendants. Most of them are cheap because they mostly work off tips. Not sure if such a job is applicable at theme parks

Honestly, I think all Disney can do is put a sign reminding people to wash their hands (gross). I can't imagine the poor CM who would be in the position of not only reminding a guest to wash his/her hands, but also calling out guest in front of others. That could lead to a confrontation. In the washroom!

The best the rest of us can do is to realize, yes, people are still gross. Covid didn't change that! Just keep reminding yourself not to touch things unnecessarily, and when you do touch something, sanitize or wash hands!

AND DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!

Living in the Phoenix area for a couple of years kinda skewed my perception of rain I think. Once you've lived through a few of those monsoon storms in the Valley, even the worst downpour at Disney is no big deal by comparison.

I grew up there and the microbursts and haboobs were always insane. I can't tell you how many times things got so bad out of nowhere I would have to pull my car over until the weather passed.

Ok because people are gross.... I am packing an arsenal of supplies lol.
I have 25 small bottles of hand sanitizer, 100 disposable masks, 10 packages of wet wipes antibacterial 20 counts , ziplock bags with hydrogen peroxide wipes . It’s myself and two teenage daughters who will constantly be applying our supplies. We are careful and who knows I may even bring my own disposable silverware for eating. 😂
We leave in 19 days 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Another suggestion, you may want to look into buying "soap leaves" (ok, might be overkill, I know!). They are little, individual pocket soaps. I bought some for the trip-that-never-was in March just in case the bathrooms ran out of soap (though based on recent posts in seems there are some in the parks that are "saving" soap for you . . . ) or if the soap dispensers aren't touchless.

Put hand washing stations outside of each restroom and have a CM there to man it. If you’re uncomfortable washing your hands in the bathroom, use the one outdoors and hope that people that didnt wash them inside come out and say they washed them inside and bypass the outdoor sinks.

Could the activation of AP’s not be done automatically when entering a park? Why would one have to go to GC to do it in the 1st place? :fish:
The line is pretty much always long there. While opening up, I don’t really see what they can do w/ those people lining up.
You can also activate at the ticket window. I prefer it because the line is usually shorter, and they seem to be able to do it faster.

Well just got back from universal where i profusely thanked all TM, went to guest relations and told them how much i appreciate the way they are treating their APs . Hearing that Disney is selling same day tickets at the window is making me so upset.
Hearing about the walk-ups has thrown me for a loop as well. I'm an out of state AP, so it doesn't really impact me but ??? No park hopping definitely affected our decision to cancel our second planned trip. If they can sell same day tickets, then they should be honoring AP benefits as well. Open up daily registrations for APs and allow park hopping through the reservation system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn’t heard of this but that makes me feel better. I was only referring to masks/distancing. Not bathrooms, adults *should* know better!

My 70+ year old mom will be going in August. We’re going to be super careful, but we don’t subscribe to the belief that everyone 60+ need to go hide while everyone younger and/or healthier lives their lives.
Not sure it’s something you have to “subscribe” to but just general knowledge and acceptance of how this is affecting older adults. In my state alone 70% of deaths are seniors.

No one is saying hide away but there’s a big difference between hiding away and going to a theme park.

DFB is probably hiring a team of people to sit in the bathrooms to record people in action and then get the culprits not washing their hands on video.

“As you can see in this video, this young man only washed his hands for 19.3 seconds, a whole .7 seconds under the recommended time. Disney needs to take responsibility for this”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter