Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Polynesian, there was no wait at all at 10am. Temperature check and bag check are both being done at the Great Ceremonial House. Note that because of this, you cannot cross from Moana Mercantile to Kona Cafe by passing by the monorail station. You have to go the other way, and it will stay that way all day (even after park is closed). On the monorail, they have gone ahead with the plan we discussed earlier this week: each party stays seated on opposite sides of the car. There was a stroller in our car and that stroller was pushed up against the party’s bench/side. The monorail (enclosed space with another group) made me a bit nervous, but there’s no way around it at this point. Again, if you’re okay with one hour of less park time, your arrival will be so much easier in the morning.

I’ll let you know about bus transport tomorrow.
As a follow up to that, any reports on monorail this AM from anyone staying at Grand Floridian? Wondering if the monorail between 8 and 9 was showing up filled to capacity already and if guests getting on it there had to wait for multiple trains to come through?

The question now is: is this the end of balloons at mk or the end in using the horses at mk? Or neither?

I had this thought. Unfortunately I’d see them lean toward no-horses for at least a while. Those $20-a-pop balloons are iconic and an easy revenue stream.

Hopefully they can recognize it was a freak accident that comes with dealing with live animals around small children and not feel the need to do either at this time, but I think they’re going to be quick to squash or remedy any potential PR nightmare, now more than ever. That exact situation ended well but wow, it could’ve gone very badly very quickly.

Do we know if there’s any way to check if our park reservations are valid? I can see mine in MDE, but it sounds like the people who had the issues this morning could see theirs in MDE too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter