Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were approved for a Paycheck Protection Plan loan back on April 8/20 in the amount of 1.2 million dollars (to save 260 jobs)
Have they been open long enough and with enough staff to have gone through that amount of money already? (6 weeks since EPCOT reopened) 🤷🏻‍♀️
Do the 3rd parties have to pay disney rent in the parks? I guess they do - perhaps Disney’s havent been flexible with that?

It's like I just said that :) honestly there's no demand, same for regal eagle, spice table had 2 tables occupied. San Angel seemed busier that day i went.
As far as MK only Casey's and Columbia Harbor House are closed in terms of quick service
Again backs up that majority of guests in the parks are local APs

Again backs up that majority of guests in the parks are local APs
not sure how that is important. Either Disney doesn't mind the parks being so empty or they have other numbers and are hitting their marks. If Disney wanted more people in the parks they would open availability for AP, rn there are no parks available, none, until the 17

Last edited:
this is really interesting. I first thought service celebration, but could it be private media events in all parks?
Curious that its the day after Halloween. I wonder if they could be considering some kinda super expensive special one off party of some kind? Perhaps they need the next day clear because they will use CM hours overnight for whatever event?

It's like they're begging us to BYO food.
It’s particularly bad at Epcot if you don’t find any of the booth offerings appealing. I ate at Spice Road Table a couple times, but I don’t want to eat there every time I am at Epcot.

Curious that its the day after Halloween. I wonder if they could be considering some kinda super expensive special one off party of some kind? Perhaps they need the next day clear because they will use CM hours overnight for whatever event?
My husband joked that they could just want to close all the parks to decorate during the day from Halloween to Christas, not schedule regular CMs so they don't have to pay them that day and then have the decorating crews come in and do it over the course of a day. Then everyone comes back Monday and it's Christmas magic (obviously he's just joking around). Who knows really, it's the first day that they don't have any park hours, so it could just be a technical glitch per usual when they're updating the site with hours.

My husband joked that they could just want to close all the parks to decorate during the day from Halloween to Christas, not schedule regular CMs so they don't have to pay them that day and then have the decorating crews come in and do it over the course of a day. Then everyone comes back Monday and it's Christmas magic (obviously he's just joking around). Who knows really, it's the first day that they don't have any park hours, so it could just be a technical glitch per usual when they're updating the site with hours.
I'm wondering if people had already park reservations for that day, if it was available and today it just switched to unavailable and people will start getting emails "sorry your park reservation for Nov 1 will be unavailable now" the decorating is not far fetched idea

That's funny, so much so it almost makes sense, huh. I mean I'm pretty sure they will cancel the Christmas parties but certainly they'll decorate and what a novel way to do it, interesting. Your hubby might be on to something there :) (or maybe not, haha)

I think it didn't help that he was specifically looking for a hot dog, so skipped the places he knew wouldn't have them.

That's funny, so much so it almost makes sense, huh. I mean I'm pretty sure they will cancel the Christmas parties but certainly they'll decorate and what a novel way to do it, interesting. Your hubby might be on to something there :) (or maybe not, haha)
I'm not gonna tell him he might have a good idea (don't want him getting a big head after all lol). I too think the christmas parties aren't going to happen, but they would only hurt any chances of extra Christmas revenue if they didn't decorate, that's the whole reason I like going that time of year (I certainly don't go because I like spending even more money).

I'm wondering if people had already park reservations for that day, if it was available and today it just switched to unavailable and people will start getting emails "sorry your park reservation for Nov 1 will be unavailable now" the decorating is not far fetched idea
Let's hope it's just a glitch and people don't have even more of a let down. Think of all the people who moved their cancelled trips to that time thinking it was safe, and then at least one day of it is taken away and they have a forced resort day. If I were going on one of my long weekend solo trips then, which I almost did, it would have ruined my whole trip to have a full day taken away.

I think it didn't help that he was specifically looking for a hot dog, so skipped the places he knew wouldn't have them.
He also won’t go inside anywhere either. While the food is lacking if you don’t want to go inside that really limits things more

There goes one of the few vegan meals at qs that was still available.

At least in Epcot there are the F&W booths and a number of vegan (or can be made vegan) options there

Still sucks in general but better there than other parks I think

I think some of that might stem from the fact that he's admittedly not comfortable going indoors at the parks yet, so his vids feel like fewer places are open.

I'm not gonna tell him he might have a good idea (don't want him getting a big head after all lol). I too think the christmas parties aren't going to happen, but they would only hurt any chances of extra Christmas revenue if they didn't decorate, that's the whole reason I like going that time of year (I certainly don't go because I like spending even more money).

Let's hope it's just a glitch and people don't have even more of a let down. Think of all the people who moved their cancelled trips to that time thinking it was safe, and then at least one day of it is taken away and they have a forced resort day. If I were going on one of my long weekend solo trips then, which I almost did, it would have ruined my whole trip to have a full day taken away.
Yeah hate to tell you this but I think he's right on this as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter