This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you suggesting that the total capacity number changes as attractions and restaurants open? That's an interesting thought because I was assuming that the capacity of each park is fixed regardless of what is open/closed inside.
They’ve talked about it on investor calls. Capacity is based on available square footage. As more things come online that opens up more square footage. COVID bringing out all the creative engineering.

Last edited:
They’ve talked about it on investor calls. Capacity is based in available square footage. As more things come online that opens up more square footage. COVID bringing out all the creative engineering.

Which is also why its so crowded....open up a gift shop in the corner of the park that no one visits, let another 500 in the front of the park.

The risk to kids is so low from the virus that they may never get the vaccine. At this point the risk to children is higher from taking the vaccine than not taking it. The "safety" protocols will not be determined by whether or not young children are vaccinated.

I'm surprised to see the cranes for the castle already. They must be planning on it taking a lot longer than we thought to get the decor done. To me, it didn't look like much extra was going on the castle than what was already there.
Cranes for the castle? Didn't realize there were cranes already....ugh

I'm surprised to see the cranes for the castle already. They must be planning on it taking a lot longer than we thought to get the decor done. To me, it didn't look like much extra was going on the castle than what was already there.
The bunting did not look easy decor wise. Maybe they’re hoping to get it done with the lowest crowds? Which theoretically will be between now and spring break? I think Easter-memorial will see higher crowds than now-spring break as more shots roll out and people try to beat summer crowds.

The bunting did not look easy decor wise. Maybe they’re hoping to get it done with the lowest crowds? Which theoretically will be between now and spring break? I think Easter-memorial will see higher crowds than now-spring break as more shots roll out and people try to beat summer crowds.
"Spring break" starts in about a week an a half and runs to mid-April. I don't think they're going to get it done that quick.

"Spring break" starts in about a week an a half and runs to mid-April. I don't think they're going to get it done that quick.

People on other sites are speculating that construction will last into summer. Unconfirmed, just rumor.

But I would lean toward that timing being more realistic than it being completed in a matter of a few weeks.

For park operations, WDW has at least two limits as to what capacity works far as precautionary measures. Meaning after WDW lifted capacity to 50%, did that have the impact of increasing bookings by the public, did the additional space fill in? Is the public ready to buy at that level? I don't know the answer, not privy to that data. WDW surely does, regardless of CDC positioning. Another form of limit is what union workers will accept. At the new 50% level, is there enough CMs willing to come on property to support the guest experience? How many months for guests and CMs to accept 75%? My guess is that these limits will disappear quickly, meaning a fast migration to 100% versus a slow month to month gradual increase.

When did WDW increase capacity? I haven't seen anywhere that they have. Did I miss it?
Here’s the daily recap since about the holidays...
“Disney totally increased capacity/Has Disney increased capacity?”
“No. Remember just because it looks full doesn’t mean capacity increased”
-Evidence that it has increased and has not increased is exchanged with posters going in circles & nobody’s mind is changed
-next day some posts “Disney increased capacity!” And voila! Groundhog Day

Bottom line- Disney has not made an announcement they have increased capacity.

Here’s the daily recap since about the holidays...
“Disney totally increased capacity/Has Disney increased capacity?”
“No. Remember just because it looks full doesn’t mean capacity increased”
-Evidence that it has increased and has not increased is exchanged with posters going in circles & nobody’s mind is changed
-next day some posts “Disney increased capacity!” And voila! Groundhog Day

Bottom line- Disney has not made an announcement they have increased capacity.
Yes that's what I thought. But when you ask for a source the rumor immediately goes quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter