• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this above - I have to wonder if a lot of people just don't live in densely populated areas. Where I live, how I commute to work, I'm packed in with more people everyday than I've ever been at Disney!

Perhaps that colors how people view the restrictions.

I really don't see social distancing lasting overall, sure they may say to try and maintain distance but being in NE FL I see so many examples where they could be further apart and they aren't and no one really seems to care or say anything. Heck our police station even posted a pic with the guy that brought them a free meal from their restaurant shoulder to shoulder.

I don't think a lot of Disney things are gonna last because I honestly don't think many people are going to pay the prices if no pools, and limited what not. Maybe some dvc and frequent , but all those once in a lifetime to only go every year or more apart are just gonna end up waiting. I really hope they are only for the first few weeks.

lol no hard feelings - my comment wasn’t directed to you! This thread is just getting so long and hard to filter through for actual update & news.

It’s all the same “if there are restrictions i’m not going”. Which is fine, but why do we have to keep have the same convo each and every day. I’m just desperate for actual news and facts.

As long as you follow some of the major Disney news type accounts on social media you won’t miss actual news. You’ll just get it with approximately 50 pages less to read lol.

They even report the same little scraps we’re all clinging too and speculating from in here.

I think it’s a complete overhaul particularly when it comes to enforcing rules. They are notorious for letting guests walk all over CMs and giving in to them.

I don't see Disney enforcing the new "rules" anymore than they already did the previous ones. There are a myriad of legal and business reasons as you say "they let the guests walk all over them"

As long as you follow some of the major Disney news type accounts on social media you won’t miss actual news. You’ll just get it with approximately 50 pages less to read lol.

They even report the same little scraps we’re all clinging too and speculating from in here.
I know. I always find it funny when actual news gets posted to this thread, because I'm like, "I knew that several hours ago...now let's go back to speculating about when Disney is opening and how horrible the experience will be when they do"

I don't see Disney enforcing the new "rules" anymore than they already did the previous ones.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, which is why I say it will require a complete overhaul to actually do a lot of this.

Some of the rumours and suggestions are a lot to ask from a company who mere months ago couldn’t be completely trusted to stop people from line jumping or from entering with strollers that are too big lol.

It’s not like I’ve got anything better to do. We’ve been locked down for over a month and I’ve run out of things to entertain myself with. Idle chatter seems as productive as anything else I’ve done in the last month. :crazy:

Oddly enough, unproductive chatter on the Disboards, even about COVID-19 related topics, makes me feel a little more normal and like the “before times”.

Tag team? One person takes away all the dirty linens and towels, cleans the room, and then another person is the designated clean towels/linens?

So I was thinking more about this.

Yes, one person goes in and gets towels, linens. For every room. Then another person does the cleaning? Or something like that.

I'm sure more people will utilize the no house-keeping choice if they are worried, so it should be easier to give housekeeping services in a safe manner to those of us that do want it.

That would be the most fair way to do it?

I really don't see social distancing lasting overall, sure they may say to try and maintain distance but being in NE FL I see so many examples where they could be further apart and they aren't and no one really seems to care or say anything. Heck our police station even posted a pic with the guy that brought them a free meal from their restaurant shoulder to shoulder.

I don't think a lot of Disney things are gonna last because I honestly don't think many people are going to pay the prices if no pools, and limited what not. Maybe some dvc and frequent , but all those once in a lifetime to only go every year or more apart are just gonna end up waiting. I really hope they are only for the first few weeks.

I could see it lasting if cases start to flare up again.

I could see it lasting if cases start to flare up again.

I'm sure it will. This could go on for years. I think people who are banking on a quick vaccine is going to be very disappointed. I know people disagree with me, but I still feel we need to figure out a way to just live with the virus. I don't think this is leaving us for a long time. If Disney is not safe this year, it won't be any safer next year.

I'm sure it will. This could go on for years. I think people who are banking on a quick vaccine is going to be very disappointed. I know people disagree with me, but I still feel we need to figure out a way to just live with the virus. I don't think this is leaving us for a long time. If Disney is not safe this year, it won't be any safer next year.

I'm so hesitant to post this because I'm sure people won't like it, but I agree with your post, but...

Disney and all of us will be dealing with the virus for always, here on out. But where people won't like what I say - I think when we finally get testing where it should be and and we start to really see numbers of people who have infections but weren't hospitalized, or had no symptoms, when we see true ratio of deaths to positives, when the news stops the daily tallies of infections and deaths I think people will ease back into life. Not that any deaths are acceptable, not that this illness isn't serious, but the initial panic will turn into more rational thought and ways to deal with it. Acceptance and working on ways to prevent the serious complications due to co-morbidities.

Dare I say, this disease may force us all to become healthier!

Yes, we will be more mindful of washing hands, some forms of social distancing and some things will change. But a lot will be normal again. Even Disney, kind of?

Catching up on the thread. I have a June reservation booked. I called today to book a room only reservation for next April. The CM I spoke with said that no one knows when they will open. She has spoken to friends in other departments and they have no idea either. She stated that the situation is ever changing and no one knows when the parks will open or in what capacity. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to learn I only needed to put down a $200 deposit instead of the typical one night stay. She said that Disney understands people may not have the funds available to do a whole night stay deposit.

I'm so hesitant to post this because I'm sure people won't like it, but I agree with your post, but

Disney and all of us will be dealing with the virus for always, here on out. But where people won't like what I say - I think when we finally get testing where it should be and and we start to really see numbers of people who have infections but weren't hospitalized, or had no symptoms, when we see true ratio of deaths to positives, when the news stops the daily tallies of infections and deaths I think people will ease back into life.

Yes, we will be more mindful of washing hands, some forms of social distancing and some things will change. But a lot will be normal again. Even Disney, kind of?

Widespread and easy to access testing is a game changer for nearly everything COVID-19 ruined.

Vaccine is far away, treatment isn’t a guarantee, so major breakthroughs in testing is what I want. If people know they need to be home and shouldn’t be traveling to Disney (or going to school, work, movies, etc), I think that would be huge. So much of this stems from not knowing who is actually contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter