• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on the thread. I have a June reservation booked. I called today to book a room only reservation for next April. The CM I spoke with said that no one knows when they will open. She has spoken to friends in other departments and they have no idea either. She stated that the situation is ever changing and no one knows when the parks will open or in what capacity. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to learn I only needed to put down a $200 deposit instead of the typical one night stay. She said that Disney understands people may not have the funds available to do a whole night stay deposit.

Yes, we were discussing on another thread. They are calling it a package -lite, or lite- package....you get it!
:D

Widespread and easy to access testing is a game changer for nearly everything COVID-19 ruined.

Vaccine is far away, treatment isn’t a guarantee, so major breakthroughs in testing is what I want. If people know they need to be home and shouldn’t be traveling to Disney (or going to school, work, movies, etc), I think that would be huge. So much of this stems from not knowing who is actually contagious.

And I don't know about you, but for the first time I am starting to feel more positive that we may get there. FDA is approving more and more testing every day!

I agree, would be a game-changer and a lot of the restrictions being discussed for Disney may not be needed when it happens.

I'm so hesitant to post this because I'm sure people won't like it, but I agree with your post, but...

Disney and all of us will be dealing with the virus for always, here on out. But where people won't like what I say - I think when we finally get testing where it should be and and we start to really see numbers of people who have infections but weren't hospitalized, or had no symptoms, when we see true ratio of deaths to positives, when the news stops the daily tallies of infections and deaths I think people will ease back into life. Not that any deaths are acceptable, not that this illness isn't serious, but the initial panic will turn into more rational thought and ways to deal with it. Acceptance and working on ways to prevent the serious complications due to co-morbidities.

Dare I say, this disease may force us all to become healthier!

Yes, we will be more mindful of washing hands, some forms of social distancing and some things will change. But a lot will be normal again. Even Disney, kind of?

I sure hope so!

Widespread and easy to access testing is a game changer for nearly everything COVID-19 ruined.

Vaccine is far away, treatment isn’t a guarantee, so major breakthroughs in testing is what I want. If people know they need to be home and shouldn’t be traveling to Disney (or going to school, work, movies, etc), I think that would be huge. So much of this stems from not knowing who is actually contagious.

Vaccine isn't a guarantee either.

I'm sure it will. This could go on for years. I think people who are banking on a quick vaccine is going to be very disappointed. I know people disagree with me, but I still feel we need to figure out a way to just live with the virus. I don't think this is leaving us for a long time. If Disney is not safe this year, it won't be any safer next year.

Maybe. Time will tell. But there will be restrictions. Disney is likely not going to say "screw it, open everything back up risks be damned". If that was the case, they'd probably be open already, or next week.

A quick at-home test that you could take and know the results in minutes whether you were sick or not would be ideal. Like pregnancy tests. Not sure if that'll be possible, though.

I know the FDA approved home test kits but you still have to send the samples in to be tested and wait for the results.

A quick at-home test that you could take and know the results in minutes whether you were sick or not would be ideal. Like pregnancy tests. Not sure if that'll be possible, though.

I know the FDA approved home test kits but you still have to send the samples in to be tested and wait for the results.

[At the gates to the Magic Kingdom]

Alright folks, before we can let you in to start your magical day we just need to all to pee of these sticks

Wasn't too long ago everyone was convinced Disney would never close. I should know, I was one of them :rotfl:.
Guilty here! We we’re scheduled to leave for WDW the day they closed. That Friday morning before we were sure they’d never close. Only when DLR announced closing did I finally think WDW would close. But, the last txt I got from her on it was , don’t be silly, they’ll never close WDW. 2 hrs later, they announced. So take my predictions with a grain of salt!

Guilty here! We we’re scheduled to leave for WDW the day they closed. That Friday morning before we were sure they’d never close. Only when DLR announced closing did I finally think WDW would close. But, the last txt I got from her on it was , don’t be silly, they’ll never close WDW. 2 hrs later, they announced. So take my predictions with a grain of salt!

SAME! We were at Disneyland for the first time. Wednesday 3/11 or Tuesday,when the sporting events were being cancelled, I was in shock. Someone asked about DL closing and I said No way will that happen. Thursday 3/12 was our last day, and that’s when the closing announcement came out. I was shocked again!

Another change due to covid 19

No more visits to the front desk at check in..,

This is posted on my FB page - did not direct link because my page is locked down & I don’t want to make it public.

Check your upcoming reservations on MDE..

View attachment 490694
Interesting. I checked my poly reservation & it doesn’t say that. But it is for later (7/26-8/2) so maybe that’s why.

Seeing a lot more rumors popping up tonight on various Disney Facebook groups, amc Disney Springs theaters getting word to start prepping for opening , non Disney employees being called back to work to prepare to open in May, rental fleets, trucks being called to move back on property to being work to work on opening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter