Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people from out of the state of Florida that the state of Florida is strongly encouraging to self-quarantine is are from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

I know this may be hard to believe for New Yorkers, but Florida does get visitors from other states.
Louisiana too. At least it was.

The only people from out of the state of Florida that the state of Florida is strongly encouraging to self-quarantine is are from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

I know this may be hard to believe for New Yorkers, but Florida does get visitors from other states.
The executive order I read did not strongly encourage. It straight up said violating it can result in jail and or a fine.

Last edited:
So it means you have to stay in FL for 14 days to self isolate or can you leave & go back home? Also, I’m guessing we’ll see, but if you say your fl address will be wdw that won’t work b/c they’ll know your not going to isolate?
You have to isolate for 14 days or go to the airport if your flight is before the 14 days
It's basically a trust system. Florida trusts you'll self isolate . I agree with others that I don't think the mandate will stay once we hit phase 3 unless these hot zones are still really bad.

The 14-day quarantine is a governor's order. Disney has nothing to do with it.

And right now, it only applies to NY, NJ, CT, and LA. It was put in place because for awhile, people from those states were running to Florida in order to evade quarantines or get away from hot spots in their own state. That ticked off the governor because not only could that be bringing the virus with them, but if they get very sick while down here it takes up more hospital beds than they were planning for.

I'm shocked at how many are saying if Disney requires a mask you wont go.

Frankly i hope they are required for everyone over 4. Do i like wearing a mask? No, but i know that if someone who is sick and doesn't know it (asymptomatic) is wearing a mask my chance of getting sick is significantly reduced.
We go in August and there is no way we could tolerate the heat/humidity with a mask on. Will just reschedule to another time when wearing a mask is more tolerable.

Why? It’s mostly ridiculous right now anyway.

Not from NY for sure-- they could alter the order once it expires, I'm sure.

Ok, but just because cities in those states are technically hotspots doesnt mean that everyone from there is a liability. I live in a county in NY that has gone 48 hours without a single reported case. Thats less than many counties in Florida itself I would presume.

True-- it's not fair, but it's already a nightmare to enforce. Could you imagine if it were only from specified counties?

Not from NY for sure-- they could alter the order once it expires, I'm sure.

True-- it's not fair, but it's already a nightmare to enforce. Could you imagine if it were only from specified counties?

But it becomes even more of a headache when airlines get stuck in the middle of this. All these states are able to fly to florida, but they still need to ground all flights from these hotspot states and refund their passengers, something a lot of these airlines already dont want to do. Theres a lot more to it than just Disney fans from Ny, NJ, CT, and LA

We don’t know that either.

Its much easier to assume international travel will take longer to continue than hotspot states being able to travel without quarantine. I think there might be a work visa type clause for international travelers, but the recourse of telling certain US states that youre not welcome in other states while saying “Welcome to Orlando, Brazilian travel group” would cause a whole lot of issues.

Something else to consider is that if you have a connecting flight through an airport in a hot spot - you will be hit with the 14 day quarantine as well. Be careful when you book your flight - direct may be better for now. If not possible be wary of where you connect.

(@yulilin3 correct me if i’ve misunderstood 🙃)
Correct, doesn't matter where your coming from zip code wise, if you're flying from LA, NY, NJ or CT you'l be asked to self isolate

None of the provisions are there to be enforced; they are there to provide the public with a FALSE sense of security. The only way for Disney to entice people to bring their families back to Florida=WDW, is to make them believe they are safe (right in the middle of a Pandemic)! It's all smoke and mirrors. And the Disney Bubble. I have to say, if they are able to pull it off, I will be impressed. But I will be watching this play out from home. #NOT MY FAMILY!

So... How 'bout them ballers?
This would be awesome. My DS says the three things he really misses is visiting family, school, and watching sports on tv. Having some live games would really lift his spirits, and bring back a little normalcy in his life. The revenue from players staying oniste would be a great way for disney to make some money while the parks are closed, and obviously would benefit espn.

Is there any oversight on making sure that really happens once you leave the airport? How do they handle that if you are driving from another state?
People are called a couple of times during the 14 days to check on them. I worked for them for 2 weeks and at least 3 positive cases were recorded from people that were being monitored. Im not sure about drivers, I'm assuming the same calls took place

People are called a couple of times during the 14 days to check on them. I worked for them for 2 weeks and at least 3 positive cases were recorded from people that were being monitored. Im not sure about drivers, I'm assuming the same calls took place

Scary as it may seem, its fairly easy to track people’s movements, especially if you have their phone number. If enforcing the quarantine is a priority, it wouldnt be very difficult to see if someone is disobeying. And how many people are willing to leave their phones behind in order to not be tracked? Probably not many

Scary as it may seem, its fairly easy to track people’s movements, especially if you have their phone number. If enforcing the quarantine is a priority, it wouldnt be very difficult to see if someone is disobeying. And how many people are willing to leave their phones behind in order to not be tracked? Probably not many
TWO WORDS
Burner Phone

If they require cast members to wear masks it is for the safety of guests. Wearing a mask is to save others from you, not you from others. For that reason a waiver means nothing.

Make no mistake... if masks for employees are required, it has very little to do with the "safety of the guests" and more to do with "lessening liability." Requiring masks on employees reduces the legal argument by both employees and guests that the company isn't doing enough to "protect" them. In reality, that's really the root to all the current and proposed guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter