• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread and the rumor thread in this forum are really supposed to be for the macro-level ideas/news/rumors and not the micro-level “how does this effect my planned trip personally.” I shouldn’t have to sift through 3-4 pages to get to new news because everyone has to post their trip plans or why they didn’t get a survey, etc.

I had a trip to Europe planned for 2 weeks from now. When this first started I was going to book MDW to Disney instead, which didn’t work out either. Now I’m thinking about October, which who knows if that works, or rebooking Europe to May 2021 and who knows if there will be another wave ( which annoys me when people say that considering the first wave isn’t even complete )

I think the most annoying part is not ever knowing when you can go on a trip again. It’s all up in the air

I just went to book my daughter's first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop for August and all of June is blocked off but full availability for July and August. (she was supposed to get her first haircut there in April :( )
Maybe it’s just that Harmony won’t be one of the things that is opened when they first open.

What is the most frustrating is if they are going to be closed all of June or whenever then they need to just be blunt and say it. I don’t understand why they don’t put out a statement that says they will not be open before July 1 so the people don’t have to keep wondering and waiting to change plans.

What is the most frustrating is if they are going to be closed all of June or whenever then they need to just be blunt and say it. I don’t understand why they don’t put out a statement that says they will not be open before July 1 so the people don’t have to keep wondering and waiting to change plans.
I agree, just need to know if we need to plan something else for June.

Agreed. Just release a statement that says we will not open before July 1 and will evaluate from that date forward. June reservations will be canceled on a weekly basis not to overwhelm the call center

I just booked a reservation for the same week at our favorite place in the keys so if Disney isn’t re-opened, we’ll be relaxing there or somewhere else (not a big deal). Anyway, my reservation at California Grill is still showing for June 5 and we have another in Epcot but they can obviously just cancel them.

Who knows what’s going on at this point. What will be will be.

I'm not considering flying, but just out of curiosity, checked on prices for our area- Tulsa. We aren't a hub and never get really low prices. Right now, $113 each way- that's a pretty standard price for us, but about as low as it ever gets and a little unusual to have them at that price within 60 days. Still, not a steal by any stretch and I'm not the least bit tempted to jump on it. But when you consider that a great many of our flights to Orlando have a STL connection, it's odd it's not more if STL is $99.
It's difficult to make rhyme or reason to their prices. Sometimes I can fly out of Kansas City with a connecting flight in St Louis (to Orlando) and it's cheaper than if I take the same flight from St Louis.
:oops:

I just tried to purchase Florida Resident Discovery tickets and wasn't able to. It let me get all the way through the end of the transaction and when I clicked "Purchase" it says it's unable to complete the transaction. It says I can call, so it's possible that if I did I'd be able to buy them. Maybe I'll try later but right now I'm not up to that. I wanted to get them now since they can only be used through the end of June; I figured if I already had them they'd be extended even if the parks aren't open in June. I'm not counting on a better deal coming along. Oh well.

I just tried to purchase Florida Resident Discovery tickets and wasn't able to. It let me get all the way through the end of the transaction and when I clicked "Purchase" it says it's unable to complete the transaction. It says I can call, so it's possible that if I did I'd be able to buy them. Maybe I'll try later but right now I'm not up to that. I wanted to get them now since they can only be used through the end of June; I figured if I already had them they'd be extended even if the parks aren't open in June. I'm not counting on a better deal coming along. Oh well.
Getting the same message here. My understanding is that the call center was given that same memo posted here explicitly saying no more DD FL Resident tickets. I also notice UT pulled them off their site this afternoon. Such a shame.

While nothing is certain, this seems to be history repeating itself. Disney announced no reservations until June 1 and then slowly cancelled May reservations over the course of the month. My guess is that's what is about to happen to June reservations. I highly doubt they are just cutting everything off because demand has been met.

Also, not sure if this has been posted here already, but I've heard a DCL rumor through the grapevine. Supposedly, even though the early summer European sailings on the Magic have been called, the Magic will still be heading to Europe soon but not for that reason. The ship is trying to bring back Crew Members who live over there. The same is supposedly true with the Fantasy dropping Crew Members off in the Caribbean. I've also heard that DCL is not renewing contracts or onboarding new Crew right now, so that really doesn't bode well for the rumored late summer restart (I know Carnival says it will start sailing in early August).

Also, not sure if this has been posted here already, but I've heard a DCL rumor through the grapevine. Supposedly, even though the early summer European sailings on the Magic have been called, the Magic will still be heading to Europe soon but not for that reason. The ship is trying to bring back Crew Members who live over there. The same is supposedly true with the Fantasy dropping Crew Members off in the Caribbean. I've also heard that DCL is not renewing contracts or onboarding new Crew right now, so that really doesn't bode well for the rumored late summer restart (I know Carnival says it will start sailing in early August).
This makes sense. Didn’t they say last week DCL would be the last to open? I think, sadly, the cruise industry is going to be one of the hardest hit.

Agreed. Just release a statement that says we will not open before July 1 and will evaluate from that date forward. June reservations will be canceled on a weekly basis not to overwhelm the call center
And that may very well happen mid week next week. That would actually fit in with the timing of everything else they have done no?
For the pure optimists on this board perhaps they just want to limit capacity for June as part of a phased reopening and they are already booked to where they want to be. I am more in the realist camp, I just think July 1 is the new June 1 and we are likely to do this all again mid June. It sucks for sure, but what doesn’t these days? They really are in a no win situation. It’s not like anybody has a “How to reopen the world” action plan

Chapek said DCL would be the last to open “in a couple months”
He said, "We agree that that will probably be the last of our travel oriented businesses to come back online. Interestingly enough long term all of our data and our research shows that our guests will be just as interested in cruising with us long term. Obviously not in the next few months."

I wouldn't really read to much into that. It's an intentionally vague statement. If DCL is really sending crew home (and again that is very much just a rumor still), they're not planning to be sailing by August as other lines have announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter