Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can finally order Magic bands directly from the app for my 7/7-14 trip (and not through the work around in my plans on the website). I haven’t been able to do that since the closure. Still holding off to see if paid options come back. News is coming soon!!!

Well. I'm awake now 🤣 I wonder what that IT update pushed out...
We have a reservation starting 6/8...it's 4 of us staying at a resort and my niece who lives in the area and was just going to be joining us each day. Tonight all fastpasses dissapeared and when they came back my niece (non resort guest) fastpasses for MK and DHS are gone.

Now, this probably means nothing as things like this have happened to us before and then the disappeared folks magically reappear but still.

ETA: False alarm (not sure what I was alarming) but after logging in through my sisters account, my nieces fastpasses are still showing, it seems they've just taken her off my friend list lol currently...maybe we had a falling out I didn't know a out :)

Last edited:

I can finally order Magic bands directly from the app for my 7/7-14 trip (and not through the work around in my plans on the website). I haven’t been able to do that since the closure. Still holding off to see if paid options come back. News is coming soon!!!

Where on the app were you able to order MagicBands? I’m still having troubles.

Where on the app were you able to order MagicBands? I’m still having troubles.
I think they might mean through clicking the magicbands and cards tab instead of going through my plans to get to it???, but still on the Disney website...I didn't think you could order bands from the app. I'm still unable to order from the magicbands and cards tab though.

Wow that was stressful.. so now that we all almost felt like we are cancelled.. when do you guys think Disney is going to make an opening announcement ?

Since it is pretty clear june is the date now I think disney will let desantos make a phase 2 announcement likely monday and their announcement will be almost immediately after his.

It’s been 12 hours+ and so far not a single report of anyone who had a reservation starting June 1 or later (and not associated with a large group) has reported getting a cancellation email. Either Disney deviated from their pattern or resorts are opening June 1. So, I think the next thing to look for is the park hours removal (or lack there of). When has that typically been happening?

It’s been 12 hours+ and so far not a single report of anyone who had a reservation starting June 1 or later (and not associated with a large group) has reported getting a cancellation email. Either Disney deviated from their pattern or resorts are opening June 1. So, I think the next thing to look for is the park hours removal (or lack there of). When has that typically been happening?
Thursdays...so today (generally afternoon) would be the day...I will say thatI don't automatically assume that just because no ones gotten emails and even if June hours don't change today that it means it's a go. Disney is known to prolong/change the process without it necessarily meaning anything. I'd be excited if all was open 6/1, but realistically I still don't see that happening.

Since it is pretty clear june is the date now I think disney will let desantos make a phase 2 announcement likely monday and their announcement will be almost immediately after his.

Anyone thinking they are waiting to cancel reservations (if they do) until after this next announcement? We have a second week of June reservation and we aren't going but waiting to see what Disney does. I am not sure my state will allow us out of the stay at home order by the time of my reservation anyway.

Cancellations for resort stays have been running through Thursday as well. I'd wait and see if any come in today before I'd worry about park hours being dropped. Having been burned already, I'm careful not to assume anything these days. But that said, I am cautiously optimistic that they will be open, at least some time in June.

Hopefully this is considered on topic for this thread. I’m part of a Facebook group for Disney weddings and people have shared that their June Disney World weddings have been cancelled. One bride said that theirs was cancelled because face masks will be required, which would affect wedding parties/photos and it would be hard to socially distance during a wedding. Another bride said their planner rescheduled them for August 30th because the planner believes “without a shadow of a doubt” that they will be able to have a “full and regular wedding experience” without masks at that date.

I know weddings are sort of a separate operation, but when I planned mine at Disney World there was a lot of communication between my planner and park operations on what we could and couldn’t do.

Just sharing info that may or may not mean anything... don’t shoot the messenger :duck:

Cancellations for resort stays have been running through Thursday as well. I'd wait and see if any come in today before I'd worry about park hours being dropped. Having been burned already, I'm careful not to assume anything these days. But that said, I am cautiously optimistic that they will be open, at least some time in June.
Also, just to continue being cautious, even if reservations are not canceled today for the fist week of June that does not mean they will open. I am certain Disney is now just waiting on data and the move into place 2 from the governor, that could take place as early as next week, if the numbers are bad Disney will no doubt cancel reservations.

Last edited:
Not Disney, but I’ve been stalking the Kennedy Space Center website since we were thinking of spending a day there in June. The other day the first available date for tickets was June 15, I just looked and now there is no availability before August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter