Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ust curious, do you know how much time they have to legally give her before she has to report back to work? I saw something here that said 5 days but I know there are different unions, etc..
No, she has not been told anything about advance notice. She is salaried and non-union, but the housekeepers she trains are union. Actually, she trains the people who train the housekeepers. She will have to receive training first regarding new protocols, then that gets passed on to the trainers, then to the housekeepers and custodians. I ask her daily if she has heard anything and she knows absolutely nothing. I would think that it will take a lot more than 3 days to accomplish all of this. Not only new protocols, there will likely be new chemicals, sanitizers, etc. that will require more intensive training. Each CM has to demonstrate competence with each aspect of training. Don't forget this has to be done in several languages too.

What do you guys think about DVC in all of this? I have a reservation from May 29-June 1 (points expire June 1).. obviously my ideal would be for a resort opening first, so I could at least go.

What do you guys think about DVC in all of this? I have a reservation from May 29-June 1 (points expire June 1).. obviously my ideal would be for a resort opening first, so I could at least go.
I don’t see them opening resorts only. It really doesn’t help them in any way to prepare for guests in the parks. Personally, I wouldn’t go with resorts only open.

Curious as to if Disney cancelled them or if they decided to cancel because of the masks.

Someone asked this on the FB post and she said Disney called her husband to cancel on them. The masks and social distancing was her planner’s reasoning for cancelling. The bride said vendors in her area are closed so they were counting on Disney to be their best option.

DVC is cancelling points reservations 5-7 days from arrival.

As such I can see DVC portions of the hotels at least being open before the parks open.

Unless resorts are running at 10-20% capacity, I don’t see how they’d open them without giving guests things to do outside of the resort I’m not sure Disney Springs is enough to keep people occupied and avoid overcrowding at the resorts. Pools are busy pretty much all day with 6 parks and Disney Springs open. And if Universal is open on June 1st, Disney would not be too thrilled with people leaving their property to go to Universal every day. Disney already has set WDW up in a way to discourage anyone from needing to leave property so they have you spending money on them your entire stay.

I've been thinking this too. They did open Shanghai resort before parks. I know a lot of cash guests wouldn't go without parks open. I wouldn't have before I started going more often and purchased DVC. DVC is a little different. Most people to every year if not multiple times a year. I would definitely go for resort only right now. My planned trip isn't until the end of August and I will go whatever capacity they're open as long as I can use the pool. Good luck on your May 29th trip! It could happen! pixiedust:

Just my opinion, but having all 4 parks open helps disperse the crowd even more, so it would make sense to have them all open.

I think that is right and totally makes sense, but I don’t know if it will happen. It also “makes sense“ for them to continue construction during this downtime, but they didn’t for the same reason-they’re going to be trying to spend as little money as possible to recover from this. They can probably reduce operational costs dramatically by shuttering certain parks and resorts.

Phased opening of Disney Springs is clearly a sign of parks reopening but I think this and other states opening now is clearly a trial. Let’s hope the curve stays flat.

Has anyone mentioned that blogmickey is reporting that Disney Shops in DS will open on May 27th? If that holds true, perhaps a June 15th reopening of some parks and the resorts seems plausible...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter