Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly...it's like their whole PR team is just constantly sending out very vaguely worded memos telling us absolutely nothing, but please don't be frustrated or upset with us....well if you'd respect us enough to at least attempt to get out real info. that'd probably go over better.
What if they don't have real info to give? It wouldn't be any better if they started speculating on dates only to keep changing them.

Full price tickets for shorter hours seems fun
the hours go hand in hand with capacity. Especially at UOR. I have never bought an express pass and always have managed to do all the attractions I want on most days, with limited capacity it should not be a problem, but I guess we have to wait and find out on the 5th, I'm going to all 3 parks to check them out

It's a pandemic and the world shut down. No one knows what will happen in the coming months, so yeah, you need to be prepared to have your plans disrupted at any-time.
It's common sense.

Yes it sucks to have trips cancelled.
Gee thanks I did not know it was a pandemic. Well aware plans will be disrupted and plans cancelled. All on board there
BUT their communication is awful. There are ways to communicate bad news and no news in a way that does not engender hostility from people who are your paying customers. A small example: if they are presenting a reopennplan next week why not something like this:
“We appreciate your patience during these uncertain and difficult times. We are excited to tell you we are in the process of formulating our reopen plan and hope to present in to the appropriate parties in the next few days. We are sure there will be some bumps along the way so bear with us as we navigate the current reality. We have revised some of our rebooking and cancellation policies in order to try and help you plan appropriately. Likewise there may be significant and unavoidable changes to our dining/ride reservation policies we hope to share soon. We will be back online as soon as we can do so safely. And will be waiting to welcome you for a great time. Check out this video link of some of the rides being tested”

Man the kool aid can be strong here sometimes. They’re a Fortune 50 company and it’s perfectly acceptable to treat them as such and use the big boy gloves. Yes they provide a magical and whimsical product for us, but they’re a major publicly traded company. Anyone who is a shareholder has cause to be concerned with their lack of transparency and handling of this situation because clearly it isn’t sitting well with a lot of guests. Right now some of you sound like the Dude: “This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's”.
We know. Try telling your boss at work “well it’s complicated there’s a lot of moving pieces” and see if you don’t get a “I don’t care, get it done and get it done now” as a response.

If the state says timeshares can reopen, I don't understand how Disney can legally keep DVC closed.

Couldn’t Disney have legally kept their resorts, including DVC, open this entire time? I thought hotels didn’t have to close.

Reactions: cm8

Gee thanks I did not know it was a pandemic. Well aware plans will be disrupted and plans cancelled. All on board there
BUT their communication is awful. There are ways to communicate bad news and no news in a way that does not engender hostility from people who are your paying customers. A small example: if they are presenting a reopennplan next week why not something like this:
“We appreciate your patience during these uncertain and difficult times. We are excited to tell you we are in the process of formulating our reopen plan and hope to present in to the appropriate parties in the next few days. We are sure there will be some bumps along the way so bear with us as we navigate the current reality. We have revised some of our rebooking and cancellation policies in order to try and help you plan appropriately. Likewise there may be significant and unavoidable changes to our dining/ride reservation policies we hope to share soon. We will be back online as soon as we can do so safely. And will be waiting to welcome you for a great time. Check out this video link of some of the rides being tested”
Unfortunately, that is just not how Disney communicates. They always play their cards close, and then make grandiose announcements.

I feel like they did say that? I honestly don't see anything wrong with this statement, other than people are disappointed they aren't opening yet. :confused3

Dear Guests,

It’s an understatement to say that the past few months have been a challenging time for us all. As we navigate the longest park closures in our histories, we’ve loved hearing your kind words of hope and seeing how you’ve made your own Disney memories at home has uplifted and inspired us all.

During this time, we know it can be difficult to plan your Disney vacation. Now more than ever we’re longing for the opportunity to come together with family and friends to escape, to celebrate, to re-do missed milestones, like birthdays and anniversaries and to make new Disney memories.

Given the current uncertainty as to when we will reopen Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort, we’ve had to periodically adjust the schedule for the ability to book hotel reservations at our resorts. While we’re currently accepting reservations starting in July 2020 at both resorts, as this situation evolves, timing may continue to shift.

As we continue to follow guidance from government and health care officials regarding how we’ll be able to reopen our parks and resorts in a responsible way, we may also need to make real-time adjustments to booked experiences, park tickets and park passes.

Please know that if any reservations you may have made need to change, we will work with you to make the necessary modifications.

If you haven’t already, we encourage you to check out the recent blog post from our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Pamela Hymel, on how we’re planning for re-opening our parks and resorts.

Our focus remains on the safety of the entire Disney community. Be sure to keep checking our websites for more details, and stay tuned for more information right here on the Disney Parks Blog.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate this unprecedented time together. We continue to be moved by the incredible support and passion our guests have shown for our Disney family, and we hope to see you real soon.

That would have been far superior.

Did Universal decrease ticket prices?

I don't know - did they? If not, they should have - and I haven't been to universal in ages, so please correct me if I am wrong - do they have nighttime shows/parades, fireworks ?

Both parks should be decreasing ticket prices right now -
I wouldn't pay $200 to see a Broadway show that ended at intermission either -

June 1st was their best guess at opening. People swore up and down they knew it wasn’t guaranteed. People got upset when those reservations were cancelled, specifically that Disney offered them in the first place.

They can’t win until they’re open, and then we’ll move on to critiquing how they are enforcing or aren’t enforcing things, when they should or shouldn’t loosen safety measures, etc. Unless they can vanish this pandemic away someone’s going to be mad at them for one thing or another.

But that would suggest hope. Definitely hope for real news to come out soon. They have been and continue to be extremely non-committal. I know many are expecting some sort of a plan to come out for approval next week based on the OC Mayor’s comments, but I have not allowed myself to be hopeful. This statement from the parks blog validates my pessimism. And I do need an announcement next week so I can make an informed decision about what to do with my DVC points. My flexibility is at its breaking point with that (personal) deadline at the end of the week.

That would have been far superior.
But that would suggest hope. Definitely hope for real news to come out soon. They have been and continue to be extremely non-committal. I know many are expecting some sort of a plan to come out for approval next week based on the OC Mayor’s comments, but I have not allowed myself to be hopeful. This statement from the parks blog validates my pessimism. And I do need an announcement next week so I can make an informed decision about what to do with my DVC points. My flexibility is almost at its breaking point with that deadline at the end of the week.

Really? You don't think the statement they made is the practically the same thing? They just didn't say "presenting plans in the next few days", because maybe they aren't!

Yeesh! Tough crowd. :D

So we're upset if Disney says nothing.

We're upset if Disney says something.

If they don't have a date, what do you all want them to say? They are basically warning you, plan at your own risk, but due to Covid your plans can be disrupted at any given moment.

Anyone with trips planned the rest of this year should be going in with that mindset already.
I have that mindset for May 2021!

They've NEVER said anything other than they don't know...closed until further notice. They knew well in advance that my May trip wasn't going to happen, but all they did was quietly cancel it 3 weeks prior, same for June. Make a stinking decision, announce it, and run with it. At least then ppl. know you respect their time/plans etc and are trying. They've known for basically forever that the governor was going to back whatever they wanted to do...he basically said it himself. They've been meeting with the other parks as part of the task force for weeks. They knew UO was going to announce and the date. They're just wanting to hide behind in case it doesn't go well and while of course any business can open/not open whenever they please; it does seem like a slap in the face to those who have reservations with no knowledge of what's happening with them. -Even moreso to those who rescheduled their original reservation at the promotion of Disneys "free dining" to still be canceled with little notice and/or lack of communication etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't read that announcement as them being cagey - to me the "read between the lines" message is actually pretty depressing. You could insert "if Covid cases end up spiking..."; "if deaths increase by a large percent in Florida..."; "if it looks like a gigantic lawsuit is headed our way..." etc. in there in several places. I think that's more what they're thinking. Scary because this is really a great big experiment and no one knows what the outcome will look like at this point, so I think they're just winging it like the rest of us. One day I'm ready to get back to normal, the next I think I should hunker down until 2021... it's unnerving when you really don't know how big the risk is, and the only way to find out is to be a human guinea pig during the process of reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter