Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been a very emotional day for a lot of people. Some are very upset, some are very happy. I'm kind of in between. I have PH+WP tickets for 10 days with a split stay at AKL Kidani and BWV starting August 2nd. Not thrilled about the WP situation. Not thrilled that park hopping is in jeopardy. Not thrilled about going in August instead of the beginning of June. And wearing a mask, though I'm getting some cooling neck gaiters which should help. I am happy that we get to go. We have only been going every other year. It's been a tough year for my family for various reasons and we all really need a vacation, so we are going. Not sure what WDW plans to do for those that have PH and WP tickets if those options won't be available. I'll either be out $850 or I won't. Maybe things will be opened by then, who knows. We'll wear our masks. Drinking/eating around EPCOT might be more prevalent this year than normal. As long as we can do some nice TS restaurants and the pool bar is open, I'm good with taking breaks from the parks and even reduced hours. It takes some of the stress off. More time to relax, even if it's "forced". I will have a great time, even with the heat and even with the masks. Even if things aren't normal and a bit diluted. It will still be a better vacation than most. 9 weeks from now things could look a lot different than they do today. So we will go and follow the rules, whatever they may be, as best as we can. Will I need a break from a mask-almost definitely. Will I be a jerk about it-no. Will I be part of the mask police-most definitely not. If someone gives me grief if I, or part of my family, pulls their mask down for 30 seconds to get a breath of fresh air will I be irritated-probably. But I will have fun and will enjoy my vacation, because I have decided that is what I am going to do. Come join me.

I've been following this forum on a near-daily basis for the last few months, after my vacation got cancelled for the second week of april. It's become a weird sort of pandemic obsession.

I surely thought that these message boards would be full of joy and positive messages today. FINALLY, REAL OPENING DATES!!! But it feels like it's more of the same - talk of masks, the Florida heat, etc.

Little secret: if you're not happy with the policies and procedures that Disney is putting into place, then you don't have to go.
It’s a place on the Internet where people talk. If you thought it was gonna be a happy place ROFL.

I still think the most interesting part of today was the Chapek cnbc interview mentioning plenty of hotels not opening, wonder when they’ll bother to enlighten guests?... and how about DVC folks who literally could arrive to their room being available and the only resort amenity being the DVC pool? Food and a shop at maybe one lucky resort open... (why else bother with transportation when the parks are closed)

Face masks in FL summer will even turn the CMs into Karen’s.
I said it in earlier post, but If everyone preps with a mask before arrival (I know most won’t), they will be fine. I’m taking long hikes & jogging with a mask on to condition myself to the experience. I also live in the south, so the humidity isn’t an issue for me. I’m afraid a lot will wait until arrival though, so CM’s will have a lot of passed out Karen’s to take care of. I’m assuming they’ll be called the Heat Stroke Squad.

Last edited:
It’s a place on the Internet where people talk. If you thought it was gonna be a happy place ROFL.

I still think the most interesting part of today was the Chapek cnbc interview mentioning plenty of hotels not opening, wonder when they’ll bother to enlighten guests?... and how about DVC folks who literally could arrive to their room being available and the only resort amenity being the DVC pool? Food and a shop at maybe one lucky resort open... (why else bother with transportation when the parks are closed)
Maybe to get to Disney Springs? Or another resort for a ADR? Just guessing

Statistically speaking, they are far more likely to catch COVID-19 from their own friends or family, rather than some random guy that walks by them without a mask on.
A random stock person in a supermarket. This is Disney World which will have thousands upon thousands daily. They’d be much more likely to catch something if they did a free for all and opened like this was a normal world. Cases in states that reopened are RISING. We have to stop crying about masks and be careful and thankful Disney is planned to open because it can be taken away at any notice. Legoland isn’t requiring masks. Go there

Well, it's been a very emotional day for a lot of people. Some are very upset, some are very happy. I'm kind of in between. I have PH+WP tickets for 10 days with a split stay at AKL Kidani and BWV starting August 2nd. Not thrilled about the WP situation. Not thrilled that park hopping is in jeopardy. Not thrilled about going in August instead of the beginning of June. And wearing a mask, though I'm getting some cooling neck gaiters which should help. I am happy that we get to go. We have only been going every other year. It's been a tough year for my family for various reasons and we all really need a vacation, so we are going. Not sure what WDW plans to do for those that have PH and WP tickets if those options won't be available. I'll either be out $850 or I won't. Maybe things will be opened by then, who knows. We'll wear our masks. Drinking/eating around EPCOT might be more prevalent this year than normal. As long as we can do some nice TS restaurants and the pool bar is open, I'm good with taking breaks from the parks and even reduced hours. It takes some of the stress off. More time to relax, even if it's "forced". I will have a great time, even with the heat and even with the masks. Even if things aren't normal and a bit diluted. It will still be a better vacation than most. 9 weeks from now things could look a lot different than they do today. So we will go and follow the rules, whatever they may be, as best as we can. Will I need a break from a mask-almost definitely. Will I be a jerk about it-no. Will I be part of the mask police-most definitely not. If someone gives me grief if I, or part of my family, pulls their mask down for 30 seconds to get a breath of fresh air will I be irritated-probably. But I will have fun and will enjoy my vacation, because I have decided that is what I am going to do. Come join me.
Good on you! I (ever the optimist) have a split stay from 1 to 12 July and 12 to 19th. Yesterday I was a little peeved, but at about 3 am this morning, I decided that the latter part of my split stay would survive and I booked 1 to 12 at UOR Portofino. I have APs for both parks (and they NEED to be used😂). If the FP system is used or transferred in some way, I have very good FPs, in the right parks for the opening schedule no less, save for one day. All is now calm in my brain but if someone could use any connections they have to persuade President T to let me in and Boris to let me out, I would be most grateful! 😉

Okay so the official park hours shows Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach as opening July 11. No real change to their park hours. Is it possible that they will be open too? I am hoping for them, some version of the character dining we already have booked and the Halloween party now. Definitely in the bargaining portion of the grief cycle...

Its unfortunate and I feel for you but under new restrictions many people will be better off delaying trips

Remy, question if possible. We have a trip booked for end of January/beginning of Feb 2021 for our first trip with a kid (daughter will be 2 at that time). Any thoughts on if we should also postpone? While as an adult, I would be fine with the restrictions as is, Disney without characters or parades for a little one who won't be able to ride the majority of rides seems like a waste of money and not at all what I imagined when we booked our resort 6 months ago. I just don't see a lot of the restrictions being lifted until a vaccine or treatment is widely available.

Disney’s plans scuttle my July trip (which was booked to replace my April trip). I’m sorry about that, but after digesting it mentally, it seems like they are taking a responsible approach.

Balancing safety advice, business needs, customer experience, and logistics can not have been easy.

Statistically speaking, they are far more likely to catch COVID-19 from their own friends or family, rather than some random guy that walks by them without a mask on.

that’s why I said “feel” safe. Not be safe. Bc statistically speaking I was pretty sure someone would make that qualification.

Well it sounds like some like us who will have booked a resort stay up to 11 months in advance could possibly be left on the outside looking in because we haven't purchased our tickets yet. That would be a hard pill to swallow.
That’s us right now, we secured the room months ago but didn’t get tickets at the time :oops:

I appreciate this post and also think that Dis ey generally does try to provide the best show/experience for guests it can

I think back to during the recent hurricane when the closed the parks and they wound up have Characters at the hotels to entertain people and other activities ... they try to make pixie dust out of lemons

Will it be like normal? No, will there be times you get frustrated? Most likely but I think if you go in with an iron mind and just want to enjoy what can be provided I think most people will still have a great time that go

Okay so the official park hours shows Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach as opening July 11. No real change to their park hours. Is it possible that they will be open too? I am hoping for them, some version of the character dining we already have booked and the Halloween party now. Definitely in the bargaining portion of the grief cycle...
They've already announced no water parks. They just haven't bothered to adjust the calendar yet. I have no doubt they'll do something to get the $$$ for character dining, but the characters are not going to be going to the tables- at best they might bring them out for a moment to display them. Halloween party? Not a chance I don't think- at least not for a good long time. Maybe an abbreviated schedule, but who knows.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but can people with existing resort reservations modify their dates? We are at BCV (cash, we aren’t DVC peeps) 8/29-9/5. I wanted end of sept, but a 2 bedroom wasn’t available when I booked a couple of weeks ago. I booked through a TA (not a TA rate), so I don’t think I can modify my own reservation?

I appreciate this post and also think that Dis ey generally does try to provide the best show/experience for guests it can

I think back to during the recent hurricane when the closed the parks and they wound up have Characters at the hotels to entertain people and other activities ... they try to make pixie dust out of lemons

Will it be like normal? No, will there be times you get frustrated? Most likely but I think if you go in with an iron mind and just want to enjoy what can be provided I think most people will still have a great time that go
My teen son has a Florida Resident Discover Disney Ticket for day-trips with his girlfriend and her mom, who have the same tickets. They had used 1 of 4 days before the park closed. The tickets were extended from June 30th to September 30th, and I'm not sure if they can get refunds. I am sure he will not enjoy the parks anywhere near as much with the new restrictions, especially having to wear a mask all day in the heat, but all he can think of is the time with his girlfriend. I'm hoping her mom will decide "no way," and we'll be able to get refunds and try again later.

Last edited:
I have a question I am not sure can be answered! I feel a bit in limbo because we purchased our APs in February (faaaaaabulous timing) but now haven't activated them. So am I an annual passholder for purposes of being contacted about my reservation for my July trip? Or am I out of luck because I can't activate it until I get there? MDE shows that I have an annual pass and it is linked to my DVC reservation. But I know we don't have AP benefits yet for things like buying merchandise.
I am in the same boat - bought APs for DH and myself in the spring in anticipation of using them for our June trip, which was cancelled, but from what I understand we DO have APs and even though they haven't been activated at the parks they're still valid and are good for these "reservations" to get into the park. With that being said, I will reach out to the AP line and verify!

Let me know if you hear differently!

Originally I was very frustrated by the lack of communication from Disney in regards to the June reservations as my 18 year old son has/had a vacation starting June 28th. I still do not think they handled the June and early July reservations very well. In regards to the new restrictions, I am not upset about them. I have a trip booked the first week of September that I will likely cancel as I will not be comfortable in the heat with a mask, but I am very happy that some people will still go. The people who do go will allow thousands of people to go back to work and allows Disney to continue to bring in some revenue. I will lose the money I paid for my flights as I did not buy insurance, but that is my fault not Disney’s. So this year I will spend my vacation locally and bank the extra money I am saving so I can book a deluxe hotel next year when hopefully the restrictions are lessened. On a side note my son booked a Universal package and when he got his confirmation it said he had to be 21 to check in, so he had to call them and cancel. On the plus side they canceled with no problem and were very friendly. My poor son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter