• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an August 3 trip booked at Poly, and APs that haven’t been activated yet. No emails from Disney at all, and our one dining reservation is still showing. I‘m worried I’m not going to be able to reserve our park days early since the APs aren’t active. 😩 I‘m wondering if I should call, but I also know calling doesn’t always get you accurate information. 🤔

They should have done something for those who lost discounts multiple times that didn't qualify for the free dining promotion- namely AP holders. That group has been entirely ignored as far as guest recovery goes. Refusing to honor previous discounts and then not offering something in exchange is not fair- at all. But what the heck, I'm just one the haters now. :crazy:
I know. A moot point now. And I am sorry. I hear your frustration. But just to be clear, AP holders have always been able to take advantage of free dining. The tickets you need to buy to qualify can be used towards renewing AP's or on their own at a later date.

I’m curious. For those getting the email about your experiences, FPs, ADRs, and Dining Plans getting cancelled, how late in 2020 are your trips? Anyone received it for after August?

I actually have two FD trips that I had originally booked (wasn’t sure about the dates back in 2019 and they are a bear to move) - one for July and one for Labor Day, and I’ve only received one email and it doesn’t say for which trip. I assume it’s for the July one, but should not assume anything with Disney IT!

EDIT to add the type of email. I got the Free Dining cancelled version:
In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. You will be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences.

Last edited:
I know. A moot point now. And I am sorry. I hear your frustration. But just to be clear, AP holders have always been able to take advantage of free dining. The tickets you need to buy to qualify can be used towards renewing AP's or on their own at a later date.
Yes, I know I can spend thousands on tickets when I already have tickets. lol But, I have a voucher that I haven't even been able to activate, the rest of the family have AP's that are getting extensions or more likely refunds now. It would be a very long time before I'd need to apply those tickets to a new AP and who knows what will happen between now and then. My point is, if you're going to put an offer out to cancelled guests, put one out that everyone can use without spending thousands of dollars they don't need to spend. It would have been really simple- just apply the AP discount you had to a new reservation. It amounts to exactly what they're offering now- 35% off. Instead of just offering 35% off to those who were cancelled and got the free dining on re-booking, give 35% off to guests who were cancelled and re-booked, period.

Last edited:

Got room in the boat for me?

We had a Disney VISA rate for our Riviera stay in March. Lost that a day before they closed, then used our AP discount for our stay that was to have been in June. The trip was higher because we were extended past the AP discount for a few days of the trip and had to use the general discount, but I accepted it. Of course, that got cancelled too.

So, while we were cancelled twice, no discount for us to rebook either. For those who lost the free dining that are complaining about “ only” getting 35% off, count yourself lucky, you could’ve been me. If they wanted to do something for those of us cancelled, they should’ve done something for ALL of us cancelled. The easiest was just to honor the rate we had at the time we originally booked, but they refuse to do so.

It’s just one of many things Disney has done the last 2 months that has turned me off of them. In the end, I took the only real option left to me, I cancelled. When the dust settles, I’ll email them just to be on the record, but it won’t change a thing.

It does seem like Disney should honor discounts from cancelled trips. So if you had any of yours or the sun and fun or whatever, that discount rate could be applied to your reschedule

I get Disney probably doesn't want everyone to reschedule right now as they want lower attendance, so maybe then let you apply that to a trip in 2021 or something. - hopefully when the dust settles they will provide something for people who saw their trips cancelled

I’m curious. For those getting the email about your experiences, FPs, ADRs, and Dining Plans getting cancelled, how late in 2020 are your trips? Anyone received it for after August?

I actually have two FD trips that I had originally booked (wasn’t sure about the dates back in 2019 and they are a bear to move) - one for July and one for Labor Day, and I’ve only received one email and it doesn’t say for which trip. I assume it’s for the July one, but should not assume anything with Disney IT!

My email included "Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry" and my trip isn't until Sept 2021

I actually had three trips booked when I received the email, one in June that I know will be cancelled, one in August and one in December, all 2020. I took the email to mean definitely the August trip and possibly the December trip, although it didn’t specify. December is far enough away that basically anything from a straight cancel to being totally back to normal is possible at this point. August is close enough that I am sure it is affected by most if not all of the new restrictions (allowing a slim margin for improvement since it’s still a couple months until then). I would just go with planning based on the most up to date information we have on any given day, since it changes so often.

I received the email. My trip is booked for November 6-13.

My email included "Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry" and my trip isn't until Sept 2021
I'm still waiting for ANY email of any kind. I have two rooms booked under the fd bounceback offer at All-star music 9/12-9/19 and so far, only one of the guests in my room was sent the adr/dining plan cancellation email. Hopefully I will hear something at some point. I'm hoping I can switch my resort

For the people who are posting which version of the email they received, it would be helpful if you described your particular reservation. I received the earlier generic email about introducing a new Theme Park reservation system and that I would be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. We have a DVC points reservation and have new linked APs that have not been initiated yet.

Our trip is 3rd week of September, DVC booking. We have only received the passholder "reserve park time slot" email and haven't received any emails about cancellations of any kind. They have now cancelled our ADRs.

Last edited:
I have received two.
The first was about my FP reservations being canceled. I have a resort room stay July 19-24 @ FQ. We have AP. The 2nd was about the AP reservation system.

We have a trip booked for August 23rd. We received the email that any dining/fastpass reservations would be cancelled. Also, since we have tickets we will have access to the new system before new tickets are sold to other guests. We do not have a dining plan booked. As of this morning all of our dining reservations are still showing.

Just caught up from last night. Who'd have thought the receiving of an e-mail sent to everyone with very little information would be such a source of speculation.

My guess is that order of the reservation system will go this way:

1. Everyone that isn't me with hotel/DVC
2. All APs except me
3. Everyone else, but somehow I'm still excluded.
2. Me, being able to snag a 4:45 PM reservation for Epcot on July 19 and nothing else.

For the people who are posting which version of the email they received, it would be helpful if you described your particular reservation. I received the earlier generic email about introducing a new Theme Park reservation system and that I would be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. We have a DVC points reservation and have new linked APs that have not been initiated yet.
DVC reservation. Late October. No tickets linked. I got:

“However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.”

@Remy is Up or @rteetz I understand Disney is being cautious and totally am on board with their initial restrictions and on limiting their initial target audience. Any thoughts of those of use with resort stays already booked in 2021 and how long restrictions will be in play. In play till vaccine or treatment readily available, I imagine? Just not sure if I should plan on canceling our 2021 trip and wait till 2022-23 or still hope to be able to keep our trip, we will have a 2 year old in 2021 so we will likely postpone if no characters.

I received the “However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new system.” email. We have a DVC reservation with linked tickets in MDE for the last week of September. We hadn’t made any dining reservations to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter