Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve been scrolling through this forum(That’s literally becoming longer than War and Peace at this point), but cannot find an answer. Have they confirmed yet if French quarter will be open on July 11th?
We know that it will be closed through July 4th and the thought is it will be closed longer but nothing officially official. ;)

It was something else.

Dear Guest:

We hope you are safe and well. Our records indicate you have an upcoming reservation at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. We are reaching you to provide some key updates on the Walt Disney World Resort theme park so you may determine if you still plan to visit.

We feel it is important to inform you that when the Walt Disney World theme parks reopen in mid-July, it will be at reduced capacities. At this point, we do not know what restrictions and capacity limitations will be put in place. New ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. You can find the latest updates on the theme parks here.

As for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, we will be offering limited services initially, which will impact various amenities and restaurants typically available to guests.

We understand these changes may vary from your initial expectation when you made your reservation with us, therefore we are asking for you to re-confirm your intention to stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin by calling us at 800-227-1500 or e-mailing at reservations@swandolphin.com by Monday June 15th.

If we do not hear from you by 5pm Monday, June 15th, we will refund and cancel your reservation.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us using the contact information provided.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

In other words , please don't come - we are trying to keep capacity to a minimum.

I have found they have good bartenders there that are good to talk to. One used to be a bartender at the Adventurers Club and has some good stories to share!

yeah they do. The thing I find weight about Hanger bar is at the bar itself you have the two sides with normal height bar chairs and then right in the middle are these few low almost kiddie looking height seats. Always seemed odd to me.

The silence from Disney is starting to become deafening.

We are 33 days from announced opening of MK and AK.

Only resorts that are confirmed to be open are DVC and FW.

It’s also confirmed theme park reservations will be required but we have no idea how that will work or when you can start making them. Also no guarantee from Disney that a resort reservation and valid tickets will guarantee a reservation.

DVC guests that cancel inside of 30 days get their points put into holding which limits future use of those points.

I’m using DVC points so the 30 day window is my biggest concern personally.

But I understand that there are still may on-site non DVC reservations that still have no idea whether there mid to late July reservations will be cancelled, transferred, etc.

For as much as Disney requires their customers to plan, they are really leaving a lot of people hanging with the absence of any meaningful communication on plans to reopen.

I think we have to recognize that considering the tone of the nation with George Floyd and him being laid to rest today now, many online creators and companies were deferring attention from themselves to civil right causes. I’m sure Disney is having that partially factor into their next big announcement, because it may have been tone deaf to go about business as usual during the many funeral services and memorials that have now finished today. Following the trend of many creators who took off last week and promoted Black creators, and are now returning to their own content, maybe this allows Disney to now move forward and give more info later this week. And After all, they only release important info afterhours on Wed-Fri anyways.

I think we have to recognize that considering the tone of the nation with George Floyd and him being laid to rest today now, many online creators and companies were deferring attention from themselves to civil right causes. I’m sure Disney is having that partially factor into their next big announcement, because it may have been tone deaf to go about business as usual during the many funeral services and memorials that have now finished today. Following the trend of many creators who took off last week and promoted Black creators, and are now returning to their own content, maybe this allows Disney to now move forward and give more info later this week. And After all, they only release important info afterhours on Wed-Fri anyways.
That doesn't explain their lack of communication since the day they closed. What's happening now is nothing new.

Since we‘re all speculating aimlessly:

Maybe this was the plan all along. Iger’s quick exit was to put Chapek in the line of fire for a total revamp. Bring in the new guy to cause chaos and take the bullet then hit the road after a year or so being the villain that everyone thought he was.

COVID could have accelerated the plans and they are taking this opportunity to make more changes at once rather than a slower rollout.

That doesn't explain their lack of communication since the day they closed. What's happening now is nothing new.
Definitely not, but in my mind with all the insiders saying “soon” this weekend I was really hoping for news today or Monday, and that is where I think the current climate factored in. Hopefully we’ll get more info tomorrow because I want to know how this whole park reservation is for my own trip on July 15. They really better give more info considering the 30 day mark on Thursday

Since we‘re all speculating aimlessly:

Maybe this was the plan all along. Iger’s quick exit was to put Chapek in the line of fire for a total revamp. Bring in the new guy to cause chaos and take the bullet then hit the road after a year or so being the villain that everyone thought he was.

COVID could have accelerated the plans and they are taking this opportunity to make more changes at once rather than a slower rollout.
I think Iger saw the writing on the wall and knew it was best to have one person handle what is going to be a very long term mess. Chapek will have getting the company through this as his legacy and Iger gets to largely go out on Disney+ and how things were. I know Iger is still involved, but as far as down the line, I think definitely Chapek will be the face of this time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter