• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think them announcing the adjustments of splash mountain was a PR move to cover the negativity surrounding reopening too soon?
No. Not at all. Totally separate to me.

Well, that is clear as mud. I haven’t gotten through via phone or chat. That dumb email which was supposed to help call volumes is actually causing bigger issues for them!

Got through on phone in right under 2 hours. CM said they do want ppl to call to confirm they’re still going if you didn’t get an email. But she also said they’re aren’t cancelling any reservations that don’t confirm.

I called the 1936 number today and yesterday, took about 30 redials, and then I got in, entered my reservation #, then selected #2, and a CM answered within a minute or 2. 🤷‍♀️ I fully expected to be on hold for hours, but didn't have to at all. Only on hold when CM was trying to switch up my BWI reservation.
the first call was cut off so we tried this number. Only had to dial in about 10 times and it’s a 90 minute wait.

I kinda feel bad. I moved our November backup trip from all star movies to Art of animation next spring and start of call to end was like 13 minutes this morning. I too was expecting hours of hold time. Maybe everyone is staying off the phones?

Just got off the phone with Disney to change my recovery dining package to a room only. She told me a bit over 2 hours ago they got an email saying that the opening of Disney World is going on as planned.
I mean, the reopening of Disney World will go on as planned until it isn’t, just like Disney World would never close back in March until it did. If Orlando hospitals start getting overwhelmed, Disney isn’t going to be able to open. It won’t matter where they are in the “reopening process” or “how difficult it would be to stop now that they’ve come this far.”

I mean, the reopening of Disney World will go on as planned until it isn’t, just like Disney World would never close back in March until it did. If Orlando hospitals start getting overwhelmed, Disney isn’t going to be able to open. It won’t matter where they are in the “reopening process” or “how difficult it would be to stop now that they’ve come this far.”
One more quick point because I know people are tired of this talk, but the reason we are seeing as many cases as April at this point, but the hospital alarm hasn’t gone off yet is because many (most?) hospitals have used this time set set up additional secure COVID units. Cleveland clinic for instance has an entire building now just for COVID care. So we are more prepared, but it’s still scary and awful. And this isn’t to stay the overwhelming issue won’t come, it just hasn’t yet.

We aren’t going by feelings. We are going by DL’s own press release saying they have to wait for guidelines, and WDW’s words today that they are moving forward as planned. No doubt wdw is watching this carefully so it’s not like we more than they do.

One more quick point because I know people are tired of this talk, but the reason we are seeing as many cases as April at this point, but the hospital alarm hasn’t gone off yet is because many (most?) hospitals have used this time set set up additional secure COVID units. Cleveland clinic for instance has an entire building now just for COVID care. So we are more prepared, but it’s still scary and awful. And this isn’t to stay the overwhelming issue won’t come, it just hasn’t yet.

We aren’t going by feelings. We are going by DL’s own press release saying they have to wait for guidelines, and WDW’s words today that they are moving forward as planned. No doubt wdw is watching this carefully so it’s not like we more than they do.
And no public policy could/should ever be adjusted/pressured to change due to high emotions ot “feelings”..

Like I said, will be fascinating to watch

Well, that is clear as mud. I haven’t gotten through via phone or chat. That dumb email which was supposed to help call volumes is actually causing bigger issues for them!

I got through chat on the app last night and asked if I could find out where we would be staying if Sports won't be open - the chat told me to call I replied with Thanks but I haven't been able to get through and the response was you're welcome let us know if you have any questions. May the force be with you. Isn't that the truth? Although more and more we are leaning to not going these days

Hi All

I live local. Can I take a Lyft to a resort for dining? I don't have reservations, just want to walk up

Ty!

Just checking... can I get stand alone tickets for 2021 yet? We have a dvc rental credit to use so a package won’t work. Thanks!

I'm curious about the emails that went out asking us to confirm our reservations. Did anyone get one for an Oct or later reservation? Our son got one for his Aug trip, but I didn't get one for an Oct trip.

I don't want to waste the time calling them if they only need confirmation for trips up to a certain date right now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter