Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was...they don’t have to be ordered...but under emergency powers they do need a state of emergency to be declared. It is stated that way.

Again, I do not think DVCM shuts them down because if NBA is on property but if they tried to, they would have many owners, including me, taking issue with it. Remember, NBA is at GF which is the same location as VGF...

Not going to derail the thread...but even Given today’s numbers, it makes little sense to close DVC for owners...it makes it much worse in the long term anyway.

Parks, different story.

Although I understand the panic with today's numbers, it is only a one day excessive growth. They have been in the 4-5ks for a few days, with yesterday's numbers actually dropping a tad.

Here in CA, as i stated before things aren't really "open", still the highest number of 7k reported 2 days ago, was hopefully, a one day spike. Today our numbers are back down, more in the 2-3k mark. I am hoping this is a good sign, but we will see... Our governor was talking about rolling back now...I think that is premature. We have never really opened too much to began with.

I saw a published story about NY a few weeks back stating they had a huge jump despite the they hadn't even entered phase 2.

All we know for sure, is we don't know much.

Florida announced nearly 9,000 new daily coronavirus cases on Friday, breaking its previous record and sparking new concerns about a surge across the South. Florida could literally create a fire and threaten other regional states.

Sounds like a great idea to pack people and kids who can't follow rules or keep masks on then send them home. Florida has to do more to stop the spread before it's too late, disneys opening seems like horrible timing. The city and county won't stop them though, the economy needs them to open. State would have to step in or they told to pressure which could grow.

Florida announced nearly 9,000 new daily coronavirus cases on Friday, breaking its previous record and sparking new concerns about a surge across the South. Florida could literally create a fire and threaten other regional states.

Sounds like a great idea to pack people and kids who can't follow rules or keep masks on then send them home. Florida has to do more to stop the spread before it's too late, disneys opening seems horrible.
Already being heavily discussed here.

Last edited:
I suspect had Disney been asked back in March, the day before they closed, did they plan on closing, the answer would’ve been no. I don’t think they know yet and they’re not about to open the possibility and have mass cancellations. I doubt we’ll know anything right up to the moment they announce being closed, IF they do indeed close.

Thats not exactly fair logic. Are we going to keep pointing to that when something within Disney company goes wrong? Oh, well Disney didnt expect to close in March of 2020.

Ratatouille hasn’t been worked on since they were allowed to continue construction

Does that mean that Rataouille will be scrapped?
No, theyre too far along.
But Disney also didnt expect to close in March of 2020 either

Of course they didnt expect to close in March, because nothing was closed, until they were. But right now, much of the country is reopening, or already opened. Smaller places and indoor bars are shutting back down, but not for 3 months. They’ll probably be back up and running in 2-3 weeks.

If Disney doesnt get back up and running and get everything settled and in place before a possible 2nd wave in November/December, they’re screwed. Which means if they dont open soon, they probably wont open until a vaccine is readily available and in widespread use.

Sounds like a great idea to pack people and kids who can't follow rules or keep masks on then send them home. Florida has to do more to stop the spread before it's too late, disneys opening seems like horrible timing. The city and county won't stop them though, the economy needs them to open. State would have to step in or they told to pressure which could grow.

Sparking new concerns? Where have you been the last 10 days?

Does anyone else find it confusing that, on one hand, the U.S. CDC says masks help and on the other hand the European CDC says masks make things worse?

View attachment 504436
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/questions-answers
This affects Disneyland Paris, where I recall it was proposed in their reopening plans that ages 9+ would be to wear a mask. But so much of the debate here has circled around mask wearing, and no global consensus has been made on mask efficacy? Disney is private property and they can require whatever they wish to, but debating masks vs. no masks in general seems to not have any point IMO.

That was written in March I believe. No way was there time for peer reviewed studies at that time. At the time they were not recommending masks because they wanted to make sure there was enough for medical personnel.

I’ve been following along with WDW Prep School today. Shannon is not there, but she’s getting live reports from someone onsite. Mask wearing around the resorts is not being strictly enforced. This is an issue that must be addressed if they plan to reopen as scheduled.
We have been at Riviera all week, and we have not seen a single person at the resort not following the mask rules. DS is a different story.

Have you seen the one restaurant (I think it was?) that has basically little-kid walkers (the round kind that you set a toddler in the middle of so they can "walk" around) that are tables on wheels. So you stand in a hole in the middle of the 3ft round table on wheels so you're always 6ft away from others.

Disney, look into this for Food and Wine. Fixes the social distancing problem AND the table/trashcan-top problem!

Edit: Found it! Disney just needs to make them a little more magical, lol.

An alternate use for Luigi's Flying Tires attraction parts? :)

We have been at Riviera all week, and we have not seen a single person at the resort not following the mask rules. DS is a different story.

We are supposed to arrive there 7/11. Do you know if Bar Riva closed today with the new mandate?

Today I posted that guest services told us we would be able to buy tickets 6/28. In talking to my husband it seems she may have slipped up when she said that, she then said “some time this summer.”

He left out that part while telling me what she was saying even though I was sitting right next to him. Not happy with him!!! I am SO sorry for getting hopes up. Back to not knowing when tickets go on sale and sad we lost our tickets without any idea if/when we can repurchase.

Sorry again I know how on edge everyone is already :(
28th I believe?
Back to our normally scheduled programming...
It's posted on their site...the day for Resort packages "rooms with tickets" and
theme park tickets "tickets" is the 28th.. for 2021, so far nothing about 2020 yet.

Want to Book a New Vacation?

By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.

You seem to hear a lot of stories like this where it might be one person that takes off their mask, maybe to just adjust it to put it back on and the person that caught them goes on SM and makes it sound like a bunch of people are disobeying the guidelines.

I continue to hear stories that CMs at the resorts are taking it seriously. Maybe I’m missing these pictures, but outside of DS, I havent seen any pictures of people purposely disobeying the mask guidelines at the resorts.

Not to say it isnt happening, but in cases like this, if people are going to out strangers on social media, you gotta adhere to the rules of “pics or it didnt happen”

You seem to hear a lot of stories like this where it might be one person that takes off their mask, maybe to just adjust it to put it back on and the person that caught them goes on SM and makes it sound like a bunch of people are disobeying the guidelines.

I continue to hear stories that CMs at the resorts are taking it seriously. Maybe I’m missing these pictures, but outside of DS, I havent seen any pictures of people purposely disobeying the mask guidelines at the resorts.

Not to say it isnt happening, but in cases like this, if people are going to out strangers on social media, you gotta adhere to the rules of “pics or it didnt happen”

There will be people not following the rules. We will hear good and bad. It’s better than only hearing one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter