• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok because people are gross.... I am packing an arsenal of supplies lol.
I have 25 small bottles of hand sanitizer, 100 disposable masks, 10 packages of wet wipes antibacterial 20 counts , ziplock bags with hydrogen peroxide wipes . It’s myself and two teenage daughters who will constantly be applying our supplies. We are careful and who knows I may even bring my own disposable silverware for eating. 😂
We leave in 19 days 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

One additional suggestion I can make from being out and about with masks at home, make sure you bring something airtight and waterproof like extra Ziploc bags to keep your extra masks in. I've been trying to reduce my plastic use so I have some Stasher reusable pouches, I find the snack-sized ones are perfect for holding masks. I clean them thoroughly after every use.

Does Disney have self-flushing toilets?
What about sinks - are the faucets touchless? I can't remember.

If not - try not to not touch faucet after you wash your hands. I either grab a paper towel to turn off water, or if I were going soon I would keep extra napkins in my purse/bag. Use napkin to turn off faucet and to open door if closed. Then toss!

I always do this, even before Covid. People turn on faucets with dirty hands, most barely wash, then turn off faucet with same hands, and then touch the door handle!!!
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Touchless

Does Disney have self-flushing toilets?
What about sinks - are the faucets touchless? I can't remember.

If not - try not to not touch faucet after you wash your hands. I either grab a paper towel to turn off water, or if I were going soon I would keep extra napkins in my purse/bag. Use napkin to turn off faucet and to open door if closed. Then toss!

I always do this, even before Covid. People turn on faucets with dirty hands, most barely wash, then turn off faucet with same hands, and then touch the door handle!!!
:scared1::scared1::scared1:
The men's restroom is touchless. I can't vouch for the women's restroom.

You wouldn’t go to any indoor attractions? Go inside to pick up QS mobile order food? Eat at a TS restaurant indoors with your mask off? Go to an indoor mask relaxation station? Use a public restroom? Take public transportation to get to the park?

You’d be at the theme park for 8 hours without going inside for any rides, food, bathroom breaks, etc? Very impressive!
I’m definitely not going into any indoor relaxation station or indoor shows. Those things are definitely the highest risk places in the parks. I am waiting to see how the TS dining goes before making a final decision on that. Bathroom breaks carry a much lower risk because the time exposure is low. Same with picking up food at QS with the time exposure.

Well just got back from universal where i profusely thanked all TM, went to guest relations and told them how much i appreciate the way they are treating their APs . Hearing that Disney is selling same day tickets at the window is making me so upset.

agreed. As much as I've been hating how Disney has handled things, I was still going to renew my AP next month. Upon hearing this news, I am now not so sure

I'd rather spend 8 hours outside with other people around who aren't super close to me, then 10 mins inside a store in an aisle crowded. Thats just me
I agree with you. As soon as I’m no longer blocked, I’m going to EPCOT. I’m not planning to ride anything, and I’ll eat from the F&W. I do plan to shop, but if one of the stores is too crowded, I’ll just wait for people to leave. Other than that, I’ll just pretend the indoor spaces don’t exist.

But it's not like pee evaporates when you use hand sanitizer...hand sanitizer only kills bacteria...and yes, the touchpoints afterwards🤢

I don't buy the "not comfortable to wash hands" excuse. ALWAYS wash your hands after using a restroom. But again, these are people who never did before and aren't going to start now.
Disney is using hand sanitizer that is at least 70% alcohol. That kills viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter