Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! So until we hit DHS opening, we don’t know that walk up tickets are anything but buying and reserving an available spot in person instead of online.

Potential crowding and angry guest issues for sure, but as far as we know they haven’t made exceptions to reservations and availability.
Exactly. I can’t see them selling tickets at HS for HS on opening day or for any of the days it’s booked solid in all 3 buckets. They may still have the ticket windows open and be selling tickets for other parks for when people get turned away and want to buy a ticket to MK or AK and then board a bus there.

This is a terrifying response lol. No, you dont have any idea? Or No, the horse didnt make it back to the stable OK.

I hope I don’t come across as insensitive. I love all animals and certainly hope this horse is fine.

But based on the video, why would you be too concerned that the horse did not make it back to the stable? I understand that the horse was agitated because of the balloon but I did not see anything that would make me think that the horse was injured in any way and the cast members did a great job of calming the horse.

They gave a mighty fine discount for AP holders to use on the hotels. Yes, the discount still brings money in, but how often are locals or out of town ears that arent DVC members able to stay at a Disney resort for 40% off? Not often. In the end, I have faith they’re going to make it right with AP Holders, just need a little patience, even though its wearing thin.

Yes, they gave 40% off but that is on new room rates that are higher than pre-covid. I heard there were AP rates out and looked to see if it would save me money off of the Sun & Fun rate I had booked for our late July trip. The 40% off AP rate only saved me $5 off of the Sun & Fun rate I booked in early June. I was hoping it would actually save me money.

I agree that walk up sales shouldn't be allowed since it means more people may try to show up then there is room for.

At my six flags when you go to the parking plaza to park they make you shows a park reservation there before they even let you park.

Great idea.

Bucket, lets go to Disney World.

Theres no indication the basket was full for regular park guests, and tickets are available now, and the capacity limits are there to hopefully at least get close to. Its nice for the guests and CMs if the amount of guests in the parks is much lower than whats been tallied from the baskets, but for Disney as a company? They want to come close to that capacity, not over, but enough to make more money

I want to be clear. I am not against a regular guest bucket. I am also not against a same day ticket bucket. I just think the tickets should be purchased BEFORE you arrive. Make the purchase at your hotel room or on the drive over, that doesn't bother me. I just think the whole walk up tickets/ticket window model should be discontinued for the time being. And, if you are on the drive over and try to purchase tickets for your family of 12, and it's at capacity....well then, at least you know, and it avoids the situation of 2 vans full of people parking, getting on transportation at the TTC, crowding up the walkway, etc....unnecessarily.

Yes, they gave 40% off but that is on new room rates that are higher than pre-covid. I heard there were AP rates out and looked to see if it would save me money off of the Sun & Fun rate I had booked for our late July trip. The 40% off AP rate only saved me $5 off of the Sun & Fun rate I booked in early June. I was hoping it would actually save me money.

I think @LSUmiss said she saved like $1,500 on her reservation at Wilderness Lodge because of the discount. Maybe the cases and prices will vary. But I’d say thats a mighty good savings

, I have faith they’re going to make it right with AP Holders,

Based on what? They haven’t done anything for us at all so far, including living up to their own announcement of when we’d have choices about our passes.

I thought, “surely our passes won’t start inching toward expiration” in the same way Shanghai passes were paused. I was wrong. I have no faith that Disney intends to do anything right by its passholders.

The only reason to be annoyed
Ummm I’m annoyed. I don’t have three park pass days reserved independent of an onsite stay and yet I paid thousands of dollars for APs for my family this year (in addition to the hundreds of dollars per day in food, resort stay, souvenirs, tours, etc) and I could not have gotten into a park today but if I’d been willing to buy a one day ticket I could have? That’s doing your most loyal customers dirty. We’ve already paid for admission and aren’t allowed to use it. Yeah. Annoyed.

Our kids must be cut from the same cloth. I dream of the day I can just sit & drink a Cretaceous Cooler while the 5 yo rides triceratops over & over. During passholder previews, we rode it 10 min straight. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Mit, Only 10 times, when my kids were little if they didn’t ride Aladdin at least 15/20 times a day they felt like it was a waisted trip. I can remember getting Dole whips and sitting under the Robinson tree and having time to have full conversations with people. I may not like Aladdin, but I do have to thank whoever put it there, for some reason my kids loved it and there never was much of a line for it,

This is a terrifying response lol. No, you dont have any idea? Or No, the horse didnt make it back to the stable OK.

The horse is fine.

He got a little scared by the balloon and by the end of the video they calmed him down. In the comments, the author said that they walked the horse backstage with the balloon still attached. So he was able to figure out that balloons aren’t monsters on his own and he knows that he’s ok. It also makes sense that they’d wait to remove it so they can go somewhere there’s less commotion.

They probably let the horse sniff and check out the balloon after they got it off so he can see that it’s not dangerous. I mean, that’s what I would do. That’s what I did with the horse that got freaked out by an umbrella.

I actually teared up watching that. How scary for everyone, but especially the horse. And I absolutely loved the interaction of the handlers to the horse trying to calm him down. You could tell the horse trusts them, and animals are so smart.
I did too b/c I felt bad for the horse & thought it was so sweet how much he trusted the handlers. But I also teared up today b/c DS (2) cried & was beside himself when we dropped our dogs off to board. He loves them so much & they’re so good with him 😊.

I want to be clear. I am not against a regular guest bucket. I am also not against a same day ticket bucket. I just think the tickets should be purchased BEFORE you arrive. Make the purchase at your hotel room or on the drive over, that doesn't bother me. I just think the whole walk up tickets/ticket window model should be discontinued for the time being. And, if you are on the drive over and try to purchase tickets for your family of 12, and it's at capacity....well then, at least you know, and it avoids the situation of 2 vans full of people parking, getting on transportation at the TTC, crowding up the walkway, etc....unnecessarily.

Oh ok. So I did misinterpret. Yes, this absolutely should be the way they should be operating. Some people like to pay for everything with cash, my dad was one of those people, But I do think they should be encouraging people that want to go morning of to purchase the tickets prior to walking up to TTC or guest relations. Most people have phones that make it very easy to do so

Based on what? They haven’t done anything for us at all so far, including living up to their own announcement of when we’d have choices about our passes.

I thought, “surely our passes won’t start inching toward expiration” in the same way Shanghai passes were paused. I was wrong. I have no faith that Disney intends to do anything right by its passholders.

Ummm I’m annoyed. I don’t have three park pass days reserved independent of an onsite stay and yet I paid thousands of dollars for APs for my family this year (in addition to the hundreds of dollars per day in food, resort stay, souvenirs, tours, etc) and I could not have gotten into a park today but if I’d been willing to buy a one day ticket I could have? That’s doing your most loyal customers dirty. We’ve already paid for admission and aren’t allowed to use it. Yeah. Annoyed.

I mean this is not new information. No *new* reason to be annoyed in light of ticket booth sales.

We know AP availability is poor compared to resort and regular ticket availability, and that people accessing those last two bouquets could book days AP’s had already filled.

It didn’t save me anything for my August trip. The base rate when I booked at Pop was close to what the discounted rate is now, for the same room category, and then I have a discount off that lower base rate. It would have been a little over $100 more to rebook with the AP discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter