• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had email from Disney in response to my request for additional park ticket for my granddaughter who turned 3 since our original booking as the UK site is still only allowing 2021 bookings and we are hopefully traveling in November. Mail gives link to purchasing tickets which only takes me back to the UK site so no help. Interestingly mail talks of selecting park hopper ticket, obviously this is a standard out of date reply seems they can't be bothered to actually read people's enquires or update there reply. Just spoke to someone who was unaware of UK web site limitations and have now been cut off. Obviously not very happy

Haha, I understand that perspective, too. It's not ideal.

You wouldn't necessarily have to "tattle" on a specific guest. There probably isn't a way for WDW to respond quickly enough to even find the offending party.

But, I do think they need to know numbers. They need to know when and where guests are breaking the rules so that they can find patterns and hopefully respond with new and/or increased tactics to aid in compliance.

This only covers distancing and it is being advertised as being helpful for guests to track themselves, but the Europa Park "Distance Radar" app, would allow Europa Park to see if there are specific places where social distancing seems problematic.

Of course, it is dependent on most people using the app.

https://www.europapark.de/en/new-distance-radar

The people shopping at the Splash Mountain store alone is making them a ton of money. Its not necessarily the amount of people in the parks thats going to make them money, its the merch, food, drinks thats keeping them closer to the operations cost
Sure merch and food and drink sales are helping. But somewhere disney has a spreadsheet with a model on expected number of guests (inc their merch and food purchases) vs that magical "positive contribution" number.

Without knowing how far off guest numbers are from their estimate we have no way of knowing how close + or - they are from the equally unknown positive contribution number.

But I think we can be fairly sure now that attendance is quite a way off what disney expected.

Anyone know why splash is down? I saw it went down shortly before closing last night and it hasn't opened yet this morning.

Not sure about today, people on Twitter last evening around 5pm ish were reporting several attractions were down due to lightening and storms in the area. Ryan was correct, there was an evacuation on Splash yesterday as well.. a few were posting video from the top of the ride peeking out to the castle - waiting for evacuation assistance.

I actually think that the circulation of pictures of empty parks will entice people to schedule visits to come sooner because they feel it's "safer" with the parks being empty-ish.
Disagree. I think bookings will be way way down until FL numbers drop. Far too much uncertainty and news of travel companies taking far too long to pay back cancellation money right now to commit disney kinda money.

Also, doesnt matter what wdw looks like right now or what deals disney puts on, most international travellers simply cannot travel.

Yes, they gave 40% off but that is on new room rates that are higher than pre-covid. I heard there were AP rates out and looked to see if it would save me money off of the Sun & Fun rate I had booked for our late July trip. The 40% off AP rate only saved me $5 off of the Sun & Fun rate I booked in early June. I was hoping it would actually save me money.
It saved me $1270 from the sun & fun rate on boulder ridge.

I think you're thinking of Kilimanjaro Safaris, which has had the dividers since CM previews. Dinosaur had no plexiglass duing CM and AP previews IIRC, and was reportedly loading only one party per vehicle at one point, resulting in the long wait times that were seen.
No I specifically remember mention of plexiglass on Dinosaur but maybe that was just yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter