Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was even less crowded when we went back. We walked on everything again. I have never walked on PP even during parties & after hours events. Longest wait all day was for boat back to BRV. It was a fantastic day. I am so glad we decided to still come!
I’m very happy for you and your family. I’m glad you’re having a great time!!

Did MK today from 11am to 4pm and it was HOT!!! First off great to be back at Disney. Saw about 95% mask compliance. Never saw anyone with it completely off but did see noses exposed. Saw a ton of people getting their pictures taken and they all had masks on in the pics. If we were thirsty we would move to a area with no people and drink from the water bottle. Social distancing was pretty good overall. Crowds super low and basically a walk on to most rides. Didn’t do splash but appears that was the longest wait. The mask was uncomfortable but as the day went on you kind of forget that it’s on or at least get used to it. We used the disposable medical ones and those by far were the best to wear in the heat vs some cotton ones we had with us. We drove to MK and no tram in parking lot but there were hardly any cars parked so we were super close to the walkway to the TTC. Got temp taken and walked thru security with our small bag. No one looked in it just went thru the metal detector. Monorail was quick and we had our own car to sit. Biggest advice is stay hydrated. Drink some water every 10-15 minutes and take breaks. Walk slow and take it all in. You don’t need to rush with such low crowds. I liked the castle much more in person. Be nice to the CM’s as the ones in MK are really trying from what I saw and appear to be really happy to be back at work. The confectionary didn't have cake pops as they have a limited selection of things they are offering... hoping when I go to Disney Springs I can find some cake pops...also didn’t see any huge Mickey Rice Krispies treats. But I did find a Mickey pretzel and ate that in a quiet corner away from people. Pure joy. There are tons of hand disinfectant stations by each ride and none were out that we noticed. Overall a great day and looking forward to AK tomorrow. FOP over and over hopefully.

I feel for them. I imagine with the transfers many aren't with their usual work friends, new assignments, new locations, new regulations, there is just so much change. Add the stress of well, the world the right now, to everything, and yeah that is a lot!
and they are in the same brutal heat as the guests and based on my small park they will not have the relax zones. they are required in our staff center ie break area

thank you! Having family and friends that work there gives you a different perspective but also, it's just common courtesy. I am exhausted guys, tomorrow at 8am from AK, first time heading in there for me so I am excited, going to bed right now, see you all tomorrow Nahtazu :D
take care of your self

Have your tried it swirled with vanilla? That was how I liked it best

I mean, I’m always up for trying it when I’m there, and I’ll try it with vanilla when I go next time, but its not something I obsess over like some people. I never understood the appeal to the level of the hype it gets lol. Ill never run to Adventureland when I get to MK for a dole whip, but sometimes if we get to the hub early for HEA or Wishes, I’d go over and grab a dole whip while we wait.

I left MK at 6:45pm & didn’t see this at all. Every single person I saw was wearing a mask. We were in fantasyland, Main Street, & then on the boat back to BRV. She seems to be incredibly unlucky.
Random sidenote, did you find the boats busy or with long waits from BRV? Staying at CCV later on and was wondering!

I left MK at 6:45pm & didn’t see this at all. Every single person I saw was wearing a mask. We were in fantasyland, Main Street, & then on the boat back to BRV. She seems to be incredibly unlucky.

Or maybe you were incredibly lucky!

She has said over and over (and on CNN) that overall mask compliance has been great. She noticed an issue tonight. It’s possible you weren’t in the same place at the same time ... you left MK at 6:45 and she said she was back in Frontierland, then ordered her Dole Whip in Adventureland at 7 (she was happy to get it just in time before close.) Then she presumably left down Main Street after 7 to leave.

If you left the park at 6:45, you were nowhere near where she was.

Last edited:
As far as doubting photopass taking a picture that isn’t allowed, I have had Disney flag and not allow us to have a picture that the CM actually posed us in herself.

CMs are people, people aren’t perfect, that should be super easy to believe if you’ve ever been a person or been around people.

FC36EA00-C60D-46B4-A51E-26F0DB7C5A46.jpeg
Over the bubble wall walking from second to first floor at GF. After eating at Gasparilla we walked back up the stairs and I think I missed looking out this same window and instead thought I was looking for the one at the top landing which was covered by a screen. II didn’t realize that I missed the correct window until looking back at these photos. Bummer because I could hear activity over the blue wall, imcludimg basketballs bouncing—no lie. I really hoped to get a good shot for my DIS friends :) . Photo below is from our walk from GF to Poly. I could see tall people in the tent. Lol. It looked to be some type of temporary lounge in a tent. There were security posted outside of the blue wall. We had to walk back because the monorail had shut down at 8 and the GF boat launch is in the bubble. Security kindly pointed us to the walking trail.
A28C9BFD-84DB-4C1E-9D89-E262068FCD70.jpeg

As far as doubting photopass taking a picture that isn’t allowed, I have had Disney flag and not allow us to have a picture that the CM actually posed us in herself.

CMs are people, people aren’t perfect, that should be super easy to believe if you’ve ever been a person or been around people.

Quite possible that they don’t even know about the policy yet!

I shouldn’t have to post a reminder all the time.

That said I think it’s important to see all views. Positive and negative things are going to happen. Carlye is a source. No different than BlogMickey, The DIS, and whoever else we post here. I frankly don’t care what you think of the source. It’s the content that I’m sharing to this thread for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter