Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encouraging trends for the entire Orlando area. I know some of us debate back and forth on day to day numbers here but the curves in ED visits now does seem to support a downward trend for the area. Would be one the earliest indicators that masks and increased compliance is driving down that R value.

Attachments

• A475E108-B578-499C-8E22-ECC29AFF2BA6.jpeg
    A475E108-B578-499C-8E22-ECC29AFF2BA6.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 153
Encouraging trends for the entire Orlando area. I know some of us debate back and forth on day to day numbers here but the curves in ED visits now does seem to support a downward trend for the area. Would be one the earliest indicators that masks and increased compliance is driving down that R value.
Or like everywhere it spikes to a high and then begins to come down. Florida as a whole has already hit its high and is beginning to come down.

Can you please share the link where you found this Orange County specific info? I’d love to follow it like I do the Florida state numbers.

No. They changed them to 10am and 2pm starting this past Friday.
Nope, it's 10 and 2 now
Sweet, the day I left. On the two days I was there, the one day when we were stuck they didn't even offer a 4 PM allotment because the ride was down, and the second we got in the 4 pm one (group 66) and was able to ride within an hour. Forces your hand to get to 10 AM even more than before. so my original advice still applies.

Can you please share the link where you found this Orange County specific info? I’d love to follow it like I do the Florida state numbers.

Follow this epidemiologist from the University of South Florida. It takes him a day to input the new numbers but he can show you anything you would ever want to know about coronavirus in Florida and he's not trying to hide any data.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/...VID-19inFloridaanepidemiologiststake/StoryWeb

Not sure if it's limited capacity, more guests going, or both, but dining during our upcoming trip has very low availability now. This has not been the case over the past few weeks.

Sweet, the day I left. On the two days I was there, the one day when we were stuck they didn't even offer a 4 PM allotment because the ride was down, and the second we got in the 4 pm one (group 66) and was able to ride within an hour. Forces your hand to get to 10 AM even more than before. so my original advice still applies.

We were there last week. Didn’t make it to DHS for 10 am rope drop but tried exactly at 1 pm and got a BG. Our group got called around 3 pm and we were essentially a walk on to the ride. I do think we were lucky on that particular day as I don’t think downtime was an issue.

There aren’t many guarantees in life, but comments getting out of hand every time the daily COVID numbers are posted here is a guarantee. I get why it pertains to the thread at hand, but is it really worth it when it doesn’t lead to civil discussions? Seems better suited in the “just for fun” community boards

This weekend Disneyland Paris announced the return dates for the summer shows (no new end date for the season), Lion King will stay in the Chapparel Theater from the 15th of August, Jungle Book Jive moves from the Park to the Studios and will take place in the Stuntshow theater (rumors are this show is now definitely closing for good). Jungle Book Jive will use Lineberty to reserve tickets, like they do for characters in the Studios. They will start as of the 22nd of August.

Also since this weekend Disneyland Paris has started with Calvacades, Rapunzel in a carriage, Fab Five in a Main Street Vehicle, and they use the tricycles & and an old Stars & Cars float (Stitch) to drive characters around.

I was in the park today and yesterday and had amazing days. Really happy to be back, but now I realized how much time we spend waiting for shows/parades/characters, that's the big appeal of the park for us. Rides are secondary, we did some rides we hadn't done for a long time and used our Photopass card to the max. Disneyland Paris doesn't have a lot of opportunity normally, but added a lot (plus magic shots they only started testing last summer), so let's hope they see how the public reacts to this. The Photopass comes for free with the most expensive AP, most guests waiting for pictures were AP holders, what we saw. Fingers crossed.

DLP did a great job with creating character moments. With some characters it was still possible to have some interaction. However, your mask muffles your words, so we had to repeat what we were saying ;-) It was nice to have a group picture with Mickey, Pluto & Goofy, or see Aurora & Phillip on the balcony of Sleeping Beauty's castle, Snow White at her wishing well, etc. All face characters also social distanced. And apparently they had taken the time to prepare. When we were meeting Anna & Elsa, in front of us was a family with a child, and to get Anna & Elsa in the frame with a child they had a different place to stand then we (2 adults) took a selfie with them.

Overall, DLP did everything they could, but they need more CMs on Main Street and around the castle to address people who take quick pictures without their masks. We had a little incident in the steam train, the woman in front of us kept her mask off. At one station, we asked discretely if the station CM could approach this woman, his reply 'I am not the police'. I was too shocked to come back with something clever. I left a note at Guest Services, the CM there assured me that it was procedure that CMs should approach guests when they see people without masks.
We did see some people getting informed by CMs, but not enough. Also seen some stupid people on Instagram boasting about going maskless for a second to take the perfect Gram-picuture, who immediately get flooded by remarks from angry Disneyfans. Some CMs on Instagram are trying to get these people banned from DLP, by reporting back to DLP.

Good visit, we were terribly lucky with the weather, it was nice and sunny, some clouds. But also some wind! Keeping the temperature low and the mask wearing bearable.

You get used to the mask, I think and seeing (almost) everyone wearing it helps. And also taking breaks to eat or drink. We wore it roughly from 8 - 10 then a snack, from 10 - 12 then lunch, from 12 - 2, ice cream, from 2 to 4, drinks, 4 to 6, dinner etc. Plus bathroom breaks.

For more detailed on what I experienced at DLP: https://www.disboards.com/threads/re-opening-reports-dlp-and-changes.3807509/page-2#post-62169397.

This weekend Disneyland Paris announced the return dates for the summer shows (no new end date for the season), Lion King will stay in the Chapparel Theater from the 15th of August, Jungle Book Jive moves from the Park to the Studios and will take place in the Stuntshow theater (rumors are this show is now definitely closing for good). Jungle Book Jive will use Lineberty to reserve tickets, like they do for characters in the Studios. They will start as of the 22nd of August.

Also since this weekend Disneyland Paris has started with Calvacades, Rapunzel in a carriage, Fab Five in a Main Street Vehicle, and they use the tricycles & and an old Stars & Cars float (Stitch) to drive characters around.

I was in the park today and yesterday and had amazing days. Really happy to be back, but now I realized how much time we spend waiting for shows/parades/characters, that's the big appeal of the park for us. Rides are secondary, we did some rides we hadn't done for a long time and used our Photopass card to the max. Disneyland Paris doesn't have a lot of opportunity normally, but added a lot (plus magic shots they only started testing last summer), so let's hope they see how the public reacts to this. The Photopass comes for free with the most expensive AP, most guests waiting for pictures were AP holders, what we saw. Fingers crossed.

DLP did a great job with creating character moments. With some characters it was still possible to have some interaction. However, your mask muffles your words, so we had to repeat what we were saying ;-) It was nice to have a group picture with Mickey, Pluto & Goofy, or see Aurora & Phillip on the balcony of Sleeping Beauty's castle, Snow White at her wishing well, etc. All face characters also social distanced. And apparently they had taken the time to prepare. When we were meeting Anna & Elsa, in front of us was a family with a child, and to get Anna & Elsa in the frame with a child they had a different place to stand then we (2 adults) took a selfie with them.

Overall, DLP did everything they could, but they need more CMs on Main Street and around the castle to address people who take quick pictures without their masks. We had a little incident in the steam train, the woman in front of us kept her mask off. At one station, we asked discretely if the station CM could approach this woman, his reply 'I am not the police'. I was too shocked to come back with something clever. I left a note at Guest Services, the CM there assured me that it was procedure that CMs should approach guests when they see people without masks.
We did see some people getting informed by CMs, but not enough. Also seen some stupid people on Instagram boasting about going maskless for a second to take the perfect Gram-picuture, who immediately get flooded by remarks from angry Disneyfans. Some CMs on Instagram are trying to get these people banned from DLP, by reporting back to DLP.

Good visit, we were terribly lucky with the weather, it was nice and sunny, some clouds. But also some wind! Keeping the temperature low and the mask wearing bearable.

You get used to the mask, I think and seeing (almost) everyone wearing it helps. And also taking breaks to eat or drink. We wore it roughly from 8 - 10 then a snack, from 10 - 12 then lunch, from 12 - 2, ice cream, from 2 to 4, drinks, 4 to 6, dinner etc. Plus bathroom breaks.

For more detailed on what I experienced at DLP: https://www.disboards.com/threads/re-opening-reports-dlp-and-changes.3807509/page-2#post-62169397.
Glad you had a good visit. I wonder how the differences between U.S. Disney parks and DLP in their Covid procedures will translate to issues in operation. There is a very stark difference in especially their mask requirements (only people age 11+) wear in DLP, and several European countries are seeing new spikes in cases presumably due to their lax mask usage.

There aren’t many guarantees in life, but comments getting out of hand every time the daily COVID numbers are posted here is a guarantee. I get why it pertains to the thread at hand, but is it really worth it when it doesn’t lead to civil discussions? Seems better suited in the “just for fun” community boards

exactly, there's other places you can go to discuss numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter